Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Hi guys,

I am looking for one of the "Spyguise" lithographs - "The spy who loved me"

Should look like this:
http://old.commander...n/swlmlitho.jpg

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has one that they are willing to sell.

Thanks

Attached Files

#2 KBOX007

KBOX007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:39 AM

Hey -

I don't know if you've tried to contact Spy Guise yet. If that SWLM litho isn't listed on eBay at the moment, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are out. As of about two days ago, they've begun to have a big sale on their remaining litho's.

#3 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

Hi,

Thankyou for your post - it was just in the nick of time and has saved me a fortune on what i was going to spend! I am still looking for a "the spy who loved me" litho though, so if anyone knows where i may be able to get one, i would be grateful of the knowledge. I have contacted spyguise but as yet, no reply

Thanks guys

#4 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

I would call the Cinema Store in London, they often have the lithographs in their shops, and sometimes signed.
www.thecinemastore.co.uk

#5 KBOX007

KBOX007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:00 AM

Your welcome. I have been trying to collect the entire set of litho's since they started producing them in 1997, but there were several years at the end of high school and through college that I just wasn't collecting Bond much. Recently, I've been trying to finish up the set, and I discovered that a store in Britain - http://www.adamspost...t...wse=1&cat=3

just listed most of the litho's at about $57 US. Then I saw the Spy Guise deals on eBay and I jumped on Thunderball and Diamonds. I am hoping they add a few more at that price, as I need only 4 more for the set.

It seems that Goldfinger and the SWLM are the only ones that are completely sold out (though I could be wrong). I would assume that the reason the SWLM is gone is that they were all signed by Roger Moore, so there must have been a greater demand for that one amongst the Bond community than just the straight up Bond litho collectors.

I wouldn't worry too much though as at some point someone will put one up for sale on eBay or here. You just have to monitor these sites regularly and you'll find it someday.

Recently, I asked Lee at Spy Guise why they stopped with License to Kill, and he told me that EON (or maybe Sony, I'm not sure) has exorbitant fees for the rights to create memorabilia from the Brosnan and Craig films. Though somehow they were able to use a Goldeneye design on one of the Marshall Corgi Icon sets. I've got my fingers crossed that in time, the rates will drop and Jeff Marshall can create some new litho's. I'm also thinking that if so many are still available this many years later, then perhaps the demand for them just wasn't there, which would be a shame, because I would love to see more. I get more compliments from visitors on the litho's then anything else in my somewhat extensive collection of random Bond objects.

Good luck.

#6 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hi KBOX007,

A few months back I was on the hunt for a complete set of the corgi spyguise models. I was able to get in touch with Jeff Marshall himself and he said that he enjoyed working with spyguise and "it was a pleasure working on those early designs. Once the BOND GRAPHIC STANDARDS manual arrived, the work became a little less interesting."

Also, relating to the fees and the number of lithographs, Goldeneye was released circa 1997 after a lengthy court battle with MGM/UA and some other firm claiming the rights to bond (this other firm wanted to do another remake of thunderball/never say never again). There are 16 lithos in the series and two other "combination" lithographs, Goldeneye is the 16th bond film so it stands to reason that there were only 16 created upto that date, especially when the lithos were released circa 1997 also.

However, I was able to locate a digital copy of a prototype lithograph which Jeff Marshall created in anticipation of Goldeneye - copy attached. Apparently only one such version of this lithograph exists and Jeff gave it to his son for his bedroom.

Best wishes, Chris

Attached Files

#7 Bondposters.com

Bondposters.com

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

Hi there,

I am the Founder | Owner | Editor of;

Bondposters.com - The Online James Bond Poster Gallery.

It is a NON-PROFIT website!

The Jeff Marshall lithographs available on 'adamsposters.com' are available because of us!

The website is not 'adamsposters.com' . . . It is now MovieMemories.com

The prices of the lithographs have all been dropped!

There are only TWO stockists of the lithographs.

I hold the remaining UK & European stocks. Guaranteed.

Moviememories.com is selling the lithographs EXCLUSIVELY!

Thank you!

PS Bondposters.com is a HUGE undertaking and is a work in progress!

Edited by Bondposters.com, 26 September 2009 - 07:58 PM.

#8 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

Those lithographs are beautiful so i may try & pick one up but i do have a question.

Why are some more then others?

For example the OHMSS one which has 1500 copies but is one of the more expensive ones but yet a few others that are limited to 300 hundred are cheaper. Why would one that has more copies be more expensive?

#9 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I don't suppose you have any of the TSWLM lithos left? I have some others on order but may order a couple from you in due course.

As for the value differences, it is to do with the popularity of the film, the rarity of the litho, who has signed it and their popularity

Thanks B)

#10 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Ok guys, renewing my appeal for the ever illusive "The Spy Who Loved Me" Lithograph
Created by Jeff Marshall and released through "Spyguise" (circa 2000)
I have the rest of the set - just need this one to complete the set
Looking to buy
Name your price and i will consider it!

#11 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:58 AM

Have you tried contacting Rogermoore.com? It might be a reach, but I do know that Roger Moore signed some of the Spy lithos. Perhaps a member on the forum there could help or the webmaster? Worth a shot anyway. I really wish I would've gotten a signed one when they were available.

You may also try and post again in the Roger Moore section here on CBN.

I picked up a few of the Roger Moore ones over time. I wanted all of them, but decided to just concentrate on the 7 Roger Moore ones, as the lithos were so expensive.

I had them all framed a few years back. When I ordered the last few ones that I was missing (from Spy Guise before it closed) I was able to buy the lithos as a reduced price. One of the reasons was that Jeff Marshall didn't sign at least 2-3 of the ones that I have, however they are numbered. I do have The man With the Golden Gun one signed by Christopher Lee.

I wish I could help more. I thought about it, but I just can't part with my Spy one.

I wonder if some of them may end up on Ebay at some point too? The lithos seem to be drying up. Which is too bad. I kind of wished I had tried to get the Connery ones and the Lazenby ones.

#12 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hello there again - thanks for your post

Are you sure I can't tempt you to part with your spy litho? Name your price...
Give it some thought and get in touch if you can be tempted... B)

I have been searching ebay on a worldwide search nearly every day for the past few months but no such luck.

I will give the roger moore website a shot but dont hold out much hope

Thanks anyway

#13 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:49 AM

I did consider it, but I just can't part with it. I'd have a hole in my run of the Roger Moore ones.

I'm sure that there is someone out there with one available.

#14 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:54 AM

I might have a spare lithp signed by Roger, Richard Kiel, and Caroline Munro. I'll have to do some digging.

#15 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

thanks for your posts guys - please get in touch if you are interested in doing a deal B)

#16 Bondposters.com

Bondposters.com

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:22 PM

MovieMemories.com - James Bond Lithographs!

Thanks,

#17 Bondposters.com

Bondposters.com

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Those lithographs are beautiful so i may try & pick one up but i do have a question.

Why are some more then others?

For example the OHMSS one which has 1500 copies but is one of the more expensive ones but yet a few others that are limited to 300 hundred are cheaper. Why would one that has more copies be more expensive?

Hi there,

Apologies for the oversight.

Not all of the OHMSS lithographs were signed by George Lazenby (as far as I am aware).

The edition size of some lithographs may be larger than others, yet the price is more expensive . . .

OK, this is due to a number of reasons:

- The lower edition lithograph has been signed by the artist only.
- I have priced them well.

I am, after all, a huge fan myself.

Hope this helps? :-)

Best,

#18 KBOX007

KBOX007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

Hey Cris,

Don't lose faith, it'll turn up someday, just keep at it. There's 1500 floating around the world, so eventually one will be available.

I feel like you do about the Sideshow Exclusive Bond statues. It seems like the Roger Moore one, limited to 400, is not showing up on eBay ever, and other two have already doubled in price since they were released. I should have jumped on them when they first came out.

And to BondPosters.com, I need three more litho's to complete my set, I was wondering if you would be willing to negotiate a price if I ordered all three at once. You can reach me at [email protected], thanks.

#19 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hi Kbox,

Thanks for the post - it does get a bit disheartening when you can't get the last one you need for your set doesnt it?!
I am also a collector of the sideshow figures - I have a full set of the regular versions but havent bothered to get the "legacy" or "premium" versions due to them never being available.
Best of luck with the search though. If i come across the figure you are looking for, i'll get in touch

Thanks, Cris

#20 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:51 PM

Hi all,

Still looking for one of the spy who loved me lithos

Please get in touch if any of you have one you are interested in selling

Cheers

#21 Stainless Steel Teeth INC

Stainless Steel Teeth INC

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:09 AM

Hi Cris,

Not sure if you have located one of these yet but Spyguise have some 'unsigned' versions now listed on ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...55#ht_643wt_742

Sadly it lacks the autograph but for that price its worth getting to complete the collection until you can locate another.

By the way, are you aware of the one done by Jeff Marshall for TWINE? It was a smaller format (about A4) and issued to commemorate the 'Bond in Britain' tour Nov 20-27 1999. Only saw it once but do not think it was printed to the same quality as the other lithos. From what I remember it was very nice.

Paul.

#22 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi Paul,

Thankyou for your post. I have indeed bought one of the lithos to complete the set - I bought it last week. I am still on the hunt for one that is signed though B)

I am unaware of the one Jeff Marshall did for TWINE, I am aware he did one for Goldeneye, but it never went into print. I don't suppose you have a copy of a photo of it to hand do you??

Thanks very much , Chris

http://debrief.comma...p...st&id=10762

#23 Stainless Steel Teeth INC

Stainless Steel Teeth INC

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hi Chris,

Sorry I don't have an image to hand but I think the 'Bond in Britain' event was actually organized by Spyguise (who I believe you got TSWLM litho from). It might be worth asking them as they might have some more info or even have the image on it.

Glad you managed to complete set... now you'll have to set your sights on something else!

Paul.

#24 BrozFan

BrozFan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

It so annoying that such a great artist as Jeff Marshall was never allowed to release prints for Brosnan's four films. If I recall it was all over Brosnan's image rights.

I had no idea there was a preliminary The World Is Not Enough litho... and I'm not sure I'd call the previous posted image a 'GoldenEye' litho as it features nothing but Brosnan and a montage of other bits from the series.

The following is a great French site that features all of Jeff Marshall's work that I am aware of:
Bond lithos

My personal favourite is the 40th montage of the 5 Bonds - each likelness is absolutely perfect:
'Nodoby Does It Better' litho

The site doesn't feature another I have seen which is the 30th anniversary print of The Spy Who Loved Me. One recently sold on eBay UK for £75/$110:
Spy 30th Litho

As a heads up, the same seller also had another unsold Jaws proof for Richard Kiel's book (no I am NOT the seller!):
Jaws litho

Has anyone got/come across any of the more obscure prints?

Edited by BrozFan, 12 March 2010 - 07:08 PM.

#25 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:52 AM

Thankyou for your post - The info and the links are second to none - I had an idea that jeff marshall had done some single lithograph prints, but not the ones listed. I have 4 of the single prints - one of which is signed by lazenby - I will post some pics when I have time.

Rgds, Chris

#26 BrozFan

BrozFan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:19 PM

No problem Chris. Jeff Marshall Bond lithos are such a niche area of Bond fandom its a pleasure to share the info with those who appreciate the artwork.

I'm sure I have seen the Lazenby single one you mention before (maybe in a Cinema Store here in the UK) - pretty cool item to have signed by Bond himself.

I once bought an artist proof directly from Jeff. He was a pleasure to deal with and after complimenting him on his work on the Bond litho series he very generously threw in a Dr. No litho free of charge. A true gent!

#27 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item255967c4aa

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item255967c5eb

Here are a couple of the lithos I own (I'm not the person selling them, but I have identical ones) - My copy of blue one of Lazenby is the one signed by himself. I bought it a couple of weeks ago from the Cinema Store in London so it may well be the same one.

I have just managed to get my hands on (awaiting delivery) a proof for part of the spy who loved me litho - courtesy of ebay.

I was in contact with Jeff a few months back, when I was trying to get the full set of the Corgi Spyguise series (see below). He sent me some interesting information and a couple of flyers he created for the series. I would certainly agree that he is a true gent

http://www.flickr.co...N07/4245239242/

Edited by cris_19010689, 18 March 2010 - 12:31 PM.

#28 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

Found some of The Spy Who Loved Me ones!!! They have a few of the others as well. Good Luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...4b#ht_607wt_780

#29 cris_19010689

cris_19010689

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

Found some of The Spy Who Loved Me ones!!! They have a few of the others as well. Good Luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...4b#ht_607wt_780

Hi, thanks for the post - I have got the full set now and have nearly a full set of duplicates. I'm willing to sell my duplicates if anyone is interested. Cheers, Chris

#30 garettsch985

garettsch985

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

hi i have the spy who loved me lithograph it is signed by Jeff Marshall and sir Rodger Moore. it is number 362/1500 it is professional framed and is in mint condition i am wanting to sell it if you are interested please email me at [email protected]