21 replies to this topic

#1 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

This is the strangest thing I've seen today. Dalton is actually slightly creepy in this one. That opening shot of his eyes would have been perfect for a David Fincher serial killer movie.

By the way, the thread was supposed to be called "Timothy Dalton's In Company of Wolves", not sure what happened to it. I'm a bit useless when it comes to computers. B)

Edited by The Ghost Who Walks, 01 September 2009 - 05:31 PM.

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

LMAO! How random. Dalton sounds great when he says "Wolf" as well. B)

#3 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

I love his reaction to the wolf

#4 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

I remember that documentary in the early nineties. Would be interesting to see the whole thing again.

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

"....Wulves!"

#6 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

Imagine if they explored wolf whistling in the documentary.....that would be a bit ironic...!

#7 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:00 PM

I love his reaction to the wolf

"Ooh-oh..!"

I remember that documentary in the early nineties. Would be interesting to see the whole thing again.

If anybody has the entire thing, please post it on Youtube or something. Looks like a mad work of genius comedy, no matter what it was really intended to be.

LMAO! How random. Dalton sounds great when he says "Wolf" as well.

I wonder how many times he actually says that word in the clip.

#8 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'll see if I can't find it somewhere, but meanwhile here's a small clip on YT:

#9 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

This cover is more awesome than my vocabulary could possibly describe:

Posted Image

And sorry Tybre, but that clip is dissapointingly sane.

#10 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

That is funny!

#11 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

Via poking around I can't seem to find it for free streaming anywhere online. Amazon has a few copies of the DVD for around $5, and I wouldn't be surprised if you can buy it directly from PBS for fairly cheap. I may well buy it, even if I only watch it once, it's certainly worth owning. My favorite animal + my favorite Bond actor = win.

#12 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

Speechless over here.

#13 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

Just wanted to comment on the second video; my dog does the same thing those wolves do, dirt-digging and all, after she does her business. Just thought that was interesting... B)

Also, after seeing the episode of Tales from the Crypt where Timothy Dalton is a werewolf, this clip is even more appropriate! :tdown:

#14 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

I actually LOVE Timothy Daltons voice! B)

#15 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

I have it on VHS somewhere. I taped it when it was originally on TV. I have a fascination with wolves myself.

#16 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:32 PM

It does seem a little creepy but strangely hypnotic (if that's the right word). I wanna see the entire documentary now. "Wolves." :tdown: B)

#17 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:50 AM

Posted Image

And sorry Tybre, but that clip is dissapointingly sane.

Great photo. Timothy is the best. I taped that doc when it aired -wish I still had it. B)
I recall it being a fun watch, as I eagerly, no impatiently awaited Tim's return to Bond in Bond 17.

#18 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

That.Was.Amazing.

#19 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

I saw "I LOVE YOU, MAN" on dvd yesterday. It's a "bromance" between Paul Rudd and Jason Segal. When the two go to try on tuxedos for Rudd's upcoming wedding, Segal tries to get loose and sexy in the tux, instead of tight and wound-up. To help him look macho, Segal tells Rudd to strike a "Bond pose". He says: "Think Timothy Dalton". Then Rudd forms a gun with his hands and pretends to be Timothy Dalton as James Bond, probably from THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS teaser poster; at least that's what I think they were referencing.

Anyway, if Dalton sees that clip I'm sure it'll make him feel good to know he was, and still is, appreciated.

Yeah, I remember that. Made me a bit giddy to hear whoever scripted the film at the very least likes Dalton. Really is radically under-appreciated by the non-die hard community. Didn't make my sister happy though. She had to put up with me raving about how awesome Timothy Dalton is the whole ride back from the theatre.

#20 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, I remember that. Made me a bit giddy to hear whoever scripted the film at the very least likes Dalton. Really is radically under-appreciated by the non-die hard community. Didn't make my sister happy though. She had to put up with me raving about how awesome Timothy Dalton is the whole ride back from the theatre.

What offended her more? The lotion station inside of Sydney's "man cave", or Timothy Dalton's presence in LTK? No way I could have watched that with my sister in the room.

What made me laugh was that they called him "T-Dalt"; seriously, when has Dalton ever been referred to as "T-Dalt"? B)

#21 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

What offended her more? The lotion station inside of Sydney's "man cave", or Timothy Dalton's presence in LTK? No way I could have watched that with my sister in the room.

What made me laugh was that they called him "T-Dalt"; seriously, when has Dalton ever been referred to as "T-Dalt"? B)

I call him T Dalton every now and again. T Dalt isn't that far off. Wouldn't be surprised if other people have used either form before.

#22 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

I love that one. He should only be referred to as T-Dalt in the future.