2 replies to this topic

#1 flares

flares

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 01:31 PM

What did anyone think of the Sunday Times bond supplement yesterday? (UK)

For those who did not see it, it was Jeremy Clarkson talking about all the bond cars(not bad - quite interesting purist details too), then a brief look at the bond girls, then some daft modelling shoot showing off some clothes with a DB5 (the girls were nice though).

Flares

#2 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 03:05 PM

The girls were hot!

That apart thought it was a bit of a disappointment... I hope it isn't the only Bond supplement that the Sunday Times puts out. Compared to the 1999 The World Is Not Enough supplement this one was awful. The TWINE supplement had an interview with Sophie Marceau, the writers, a far better Vic Armstrong interview, a Michael Apted/Film history interview, a photo shoot and an M-cyclopedia an a-z guide to Bond. It also had a traditionally Bondian painted front cover. I still have it at home. It was glossy too. This supplement was a little early, mostly written by Jeremy Clarkson, focussed on the cars... half of which were what Bond SHOULD be driving, a crappy interview with the villians and even more about the ice ballet! Boring IMO... if it wasn't for the girls I'd throw it away! It'd be nice if they make it a regular supplement for a few weeks but I think this is it! Disappointing.

#3 flares

flares

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 03:18 PM

I agree with you Dr