40 replies to this topic

#31 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

The Diamond Smugglers is not a Bond story, and its title its not Bondian. IMO, the most difficult part in writing a Bond script is finding a good title.

No. Writing one is harder. If the script is any good, the work will almost title itself.

#32 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

Look, I don't mean to be rude. I just get easily annoyed by people who post like that on forums. It's no excuse to say that you've gotten 'lazy'. People on here should be respectful and think about the other members who have to sit and translate their posts, because the original poster isn't decent enough to apply some kind of grammar and punctuation to them.

I was guilty of this when I first joined, and you wouldn't know how many people I pissed off. I motivated myself to double check my posts, looking for errors and grammar.

Fully agree. I used to be like that too.

#33 from kevin with love

from kevin with love

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:35 AM

First, learn about Uppercase's and Spaces.

Yes, there's quite a few people on here who need to do this. Quantumofsolace007 for one.

how many more times do you want to say it ??????????????

Thanks for bringing me up.

No offense, but I don't think this warrants its own topic.

Those titles have been suggested countless times, but unless the title makes sense in the context of the film, then "no."

What part of the title doesnt make sense ?
"diamond smuglers" was a flemming story,but not a bond story,what is wrong with makeing a story from it for bond ?

Look, I don't mean to be rude. I just get easily annoyed by people who post like that on forums. It's no excuse to say that you've gotten 'lazy'. People on here should be respectful and think about the other members who have to sit and translate their posts, because the original poster isn't decent enough to apply some kind of grammar and punctuation to them.

I was guilty of this when I first joined, and you wouldn't know how many people I pissed off. I motivated myself to double check my posts, looking for errors and grammar.

good man,,,when somebodys had to much to drink,and then has a great idea like i did,grammer doesnt come in to it..only people who are ignorant make silly comments..and thanks for being understanding

The Diamond Smugglers is not a Bond story, and its title its not Bondian. IMO, the most difficult part in writing a Bond script is finding a good title.

No. Writing one is harder. If the script is any good, the work will almost title itself.

The Diamond smugglers is a great working title,think about the continuing presence of "quantum"

First, learn about Uppercase's and Spaces. Your text is very hard to read. Second off, you don't have any reason for each title.

its an idea that is suggested,,i am not a writer like yourself

as the new bond series titles are not typicly bondian,i think to carry on the fleming work,that "diamond smugglers" has a good role to play,and it would suggest that "quantum" could return...

#34 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:22 PM

I agree with Mharkin's point. Sure, he naively made one spelling mistake in this thread, but on the whole his grammar on this forum is fine. The issue is with the main offenders who are illiterate in the entirety of their posts, with no use of paragraphs or punctuation. There has to be a basic level of pride and quality.

Thank you Sharpshooter. :tdown:
I'm glad there's someone else who shares my views on here.

I totally agree with you, guys! B)

Absolutely in agree Matt. I think the Internet is not an excuse to make spelling mistakes. I never write a post or a mail with grammar mistakes unless I'm in a hurry.

Well, one of the most difficult parts. While looking for a title for my fan fiction (I'm writing it), my head was working at full speed until I came with Reflections of Darkness.

#35 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:18 PM

No to "The Diamond Smugglers" as a Bond film title. As others have said, it's not Bondian at all, and even with that put aside, it's still a very boring title on its own. I'd also say no to any of the remaining short story titles as film titles as well.

#36 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

The Diamonds Smugglers sounds like a 1950 made-for-TV movie. It's too... old fashioned for Bond.

#37 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

"The Eye That Never Sleeps" for Bond 23.

A chapter title I believe, can't remember which book though.

The poster could be an interesting with a close of Craig's blue eye superimposed with Bond posing with a silenced PPK inside - sort of like Goldfinger.

http://forbiddenplan..... Blackman.jpg

#38 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

Only The Devil Knows, The Scream Of A Rose, and The Inhuman Element are three I like. Third one is the worst of the lot imo.

#39 from kevin with love

from kevin with love

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Yes, there's quite a few people on here who need to do this. Quantumofsolace007 for one.

how many more times do you want to say it ??????????????

Thanks for bringing me up.

No offense, but I don't think this warrants its own topic.

Those titles have been suggested countless times, but unless the title makes sense in the context of the film, then "no."

What part of the title doesnt make sense ?
"diamond smuglers" was a flemming story,but not a bond story,what is wrong with makeing a story from it for bond ?

good man,,,when somebodys had to much to drink,and then has a great idea like i did,grammer doesnt come in to it..only people who are ignorant make silly comments..and thanks for being understanding

The Diamond smugglers is a great working title,think about the continuing presence of "quantum"

First, learn about Uppercase's and Spaces. Your text is very hard to read. Second off, you don't have any reason for each title.

its an idea that is suggested,,i am not a writer like yourself

as the new bond series titles are not typicly bondian,i think to carry on the fleming work,that "diamond smugglers" has a good role to play,and it would suggest that "quantum" could return...

yes i agree,if people are in a rush,they do make mistakes,but as this forum is about bond and not grammer,lets stick to bond..not school biy ignorance

Mharkin needs to be able to comment on the bond subject,not grammer ..i dont think this forum is for school boy sillyness !

No to "The Diamond Smugglers" as a Bond film title. As others have said, it's not Bondian at all, and even with that put aside, it's still a very boring title on its own. I'd also say no to any of the remaining short story titles as film titles as well.

What is "bondian" style ?

#40 from kevin with love

from kevin with love

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:25 PM

I suspect that you may have been typing "grammer" and then someone said "you spell it with an "a", and you didn't realise that they meant that you keep the "r" on the end.

Hi this a bond forum..we are talking about the james bond films..think you may have a mix up..are you in school ? please advise your teacher..ok

#41 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

26, 27, 28, 29, gonna make your face look just like mine...

Enough. Closed.