This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Roger Moore physically and athletically the worst Bond? Why.....

41 replies to this topic

#31 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 06:40 AM

I'd say no contest.. Pierce is the worst.

Watch Goldeneye..

When Pierce is running down some steps right after he met "Onna Top" (sp?) .. he looks like a total fruit! He has his jacket open, and runs like if someone just gave him a fresh douche.. he is all springy & light the way he floats down the stairs..

also,

they need a ton a quick cuts in the final fight scene to make it look like he maybe can fight:rolleyes:

as for Sean being a Boxer.. I think if you fought Sean in the 1960's he would be to worried about his WIG flying off;)

hahahahahaha

#32 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 07:50 AM

Well, as a fan of Roger's, I'm bound to say that for a start, Roger did MUCH more physical action than Sean.

#33 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 08:01 AM

thats true, sean never did anything as close to what roger had to do, but more then likely brosnan has had to do the most pysical bond yet, and when the new bond takes over he will get even more pysical then what brosnan had to do ...and on and on it goes

#34 Simon Templar

Simon Templar

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 12:07 PM

Big muscles never made the best Bonds. Connery was from far the most athletic and even if i'm a huge fan of Roger I have to admit he isn't an athlete and doesn't have lots of muscles... Look when he tries to run, dear... His legs are so thin. I read somewhere he said he has legs as a sparrow. Anyway, his lack of muscles and athletics skills aren't the most important. His fab on-liners and humour made him the best Bond.

#35 Natalie

Natalie

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:27 PM

Hi,everybody!I am new here.
Roger is not athletic?!?!Give me a break!I have a couple of shots with Sean with his stomach falling out of his pants.I also have a lot of pics with Moore.Rog was chubby as a teen,but never after that.In fact,he was a famous male model in the 40's and 50's with half nude shots all over magazines.Thank God he doesn't have extremely bulging muscles,but from what i've seen he's got plenty of muscle and tone.Besides,acting macho and showing off your toughness at every opportunity doesn't make a man really tough.If you check into his life and how he had to deal with many things you'd see how strong of a person he really is.The latest example is his collapse on stage,but I can go on and on.
I've been studying his life for a while now.My favourite thing he did is actually not 007,but The Saint.
Best wishes,
Natalie.

#36 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:36 PM

Welcome to CBn Natalie, and thanks for your input! :)

#37 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 02:36 PM

I will say this...in the 1980s, Roger Moore and Larry Hagman did wonders for the sex appeal of men over 50. In the movies, Roger screwed younger women left and right. On Tv, Larry Hagman did the same thing in Dall-***. Interestingly enough, both men had the habit of pulling out dildos to shock their love scene partners.

#38 Simon Templar

Simon Templar

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 08:36 PM

Hello Natalie. C'mon, I think you're joking when you say Roger is well muscled :) :)

I know these pics of Roger when modelling but there is no muscle anywhere.

Hmmm, just look at the Moore movies, you'll see he never appears half nude.

#39 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:10 PM

Originally posted by Natalie
Hi,everybody!I am new here.
Roger is not athletic?!?!Give me a break!I have a couple of shots with Sean with his stomach falling out of his pants.I also have a lot of pics with Moore.Rog was chubby as a teen,but never after that.In fact,he was a famous male model in the 40's and 50's with half nude shots all over magazines.Thank God he doesn't have extremely bulging muscles,but from what i've seen he's got plenty of muscle and tone.Besides,acting macho and showing off your toughness at every opportunity doesn't make a man really tough.If you check into his life and how he had to deal with many things you'd see how strong of a person he really is.The latest example is his collapse on stage,but I can go on and on.
I've been studying his life for a while now.My favourite thing he did is actually not 007,but The Saint.
Best wishes,
Natalie.

Welcome to CBn Natalie...and I have to agree with everything you said in your post.

#40 Simon Templar

Simon Templar

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:15 PM

(...) wrong

#41 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 03:51 AM

hiya natalie, welcome to CBN....the best bond site

#42 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 10:06 PM

Originally posted by Simon Templar
(...) wrong

What are you referring to Simon Templar?