• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:46 AM

Posted Image
Follow-up to Quantum of Solace due out next year

Posted Image
Company confirms next 007 title still on track for 2010 release

Activision has confirmed that a new Bond game will be in production next year. Wonder if that means anything regarding a time table for the next film?

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1011207p1.html

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:01 AM

Posted Image
Follow-up to Quantum of Solace due out next year

#3 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

I hope Activision goes on with that racing-oriented idea.

#4 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

I'm so unexcited about this I am wondering why I am even replying to this thread. I don't think I'll pick up another Bond game unless the reviews are amazingly positive. I'm tired of spending money on something that would at best be worth a rent.

#5 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

Heres a slightly more in depth look at the same article, courtesy of mi6.co.uk.

Interesting that they moved it back because of Modern Warfare 2, and that COD5 affected QOS sales. This suggests the game is a full sequel to QOS (not necassarily plot-wise) and an FPS, or hybrid again. Whether this means the driving game idea is shelved or in development seperately I don't know. Interesting either way.

But seriously, the ghost is right. We're WAY past the point where we can reasonably expect a Bond game to be any good. Sure they might surprise us, but after over a decade of dross its guilty until proven innocent. If you want a good 007 gaming experience, you have to go back to GoldenEye. 11 frickin' years ago!

Edited by YouKnowTheName, 07 August 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#6 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:26 PM

If it's another game in the vein of QoS, I'm not too excited. Activision would have to improve things significantly. Their first effort was adequate, but nothing particularly impressive. I'm much more interested in a vehicle based game.

#7 Mr.Stamper

Mr.Stamper

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:00 PM

I look forward to this cant wait .

#8 Jeao007

Jeao007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

I just wish someone would re-release Goldeneye with updated graphics and online multiplayer. Than I would be truly happy.

#9 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

Well new bond game with third person view and some driving levels will work pretty well with deep multiplayer elements .

#10 YouKnowTheName

YouKnowTheName

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

QOS, with an original plot (or taken from from a past film WHICH WORKS AS A GAME. Yes, I mean you, FRWL), longer than three hours of playtime, and not so damn linear would be perfect. I felt mechanics-wise QOS was about perfect. The FPS\3PS hybrid system worked very well, elimninating both the robotic nature of first person and the camera issues of third. They finaly hit the gameplay nail on the head, which EA took ten years to completely fail at, but then screwed up in denying the player any choice of freedom at all. You never realised how much GoldenEye let you get away with... Build on what we have, its working, it just needs some talent or imagination behind it. Shooting mechanics don't get much better than QOS (or COD4, I guess...)

#11 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

QOS, with an original plot (or taken from from a past film WHICH WORKS AS A GAME. Yes, I mean you, FRWL), longer than three hours of playtime, and not so damn linear would be perfect. I felt mechanics-wise QOS was about perfect. The FPS\3PS hybrid system worked very well, elimninating both the robotic nature of first person and the camera issues of third. They finaly hit the gameplay nail on the head, which EA took ten years to completely fail at, but then screwed up in denying the player any choice of freedom at all. You never realised how much GoldenEye let you get away with... Build on what we have, its working, it just needs some talent or imagination behind it. Shooting mechanics don't get much better than QOS (or COD4, I guess...)

well how about one year FPS game / and one year TPS bond game ??
i agree that the gameplay of QOS was great but the shortness of the game and destroying the CR and QOS story was the main reason of the game flop.add to that the ignoring of the driving section although CR and QOS were full of the driving scenes ..
New game should not tie to new movie and should be simaler to EON with some improvment ..(this what im expacting for the 2010 Bizarre bond game ) ..

Edited by bond_azoozbond, 07 August 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#12 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:14 PM

I'm cautiously excited. If we can get a mixture of Quantum of solace (great FPS and TPS mechanics) Batman Arkham Asylumv (where you do more then just fight and thev game is actually eadier the more u think like well in this case batman but in the next bond game it would be easier a gamev if you thoguth like 007) and Splinter cell conviction (different levels but all are sandbox and allow for multiple ways in and around the level.)

We get this driving levels or not i'm happy.

oh and would it kill the maker to toss in a card gamer mini game. To my knowledge the last time bond could play cards was in the world is not enough for playstation.

#13 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hope it's a game with an original story, locations, etc., like Everything or Nothing. Not just a driving or shooting game.

#14 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:44 AM

But seriously, the ghost is right. We're WAY past the point where we can reasonably expect a Bond game to be any good. Sure they might surprise us, but after over a decade of dross its guilty until proven innocent. If you want a good 007 gaming experience, you have to go back to GoldenEye. 11 frickin' years ago!

Seriously, did people just like fall asleep after 1997 and ignore some of the EA efforts that were actually pretty good? I still say Nightfire on the consoles was the best damn Bond game, and QOS is a tie between second and third.

With there being actual good licensed titles released recently (Batman: Arkham Asylum, for example), I could see a good James Bond game coming out. Quantum of Solace wasn't bad, it was just rushed in time to meet the movie and got overshadowed by Call of Duty: World at War and other major games that came out last year. If it had at least six more months, it could've been polished to be a fantastic game.

I'm hoping that they've learned what worked and what didn't and make a stellar game this time round.

#15 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

when will we get a james bond guitar hero game?

#16 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

it was just rushed in time to meet the movie

And sadly this trend will probably continue.

One fact people consistently overlook as to why GoldenEye 007 was one of the best video games way back when, aside from all it did to revolutionize FPS, is the fact that they waited to make the game. It was based around the film, rather than made as a tie-in to the film. They were concerned with making a good game that happened to be about Bond, instead of making a game quick to cash in on the film's success, which is unfortunately what happens to the vast majority of movie games. I can't even think of one film tie-in that was actually good. I can name a small handful that are mediocre at best, but not good.

#17 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:57 AM

They were concerned with making a good game that happened to be about Bond, instead of making a game quick to cash in on the film's success, which is unfortunately what happens to the vast majority of movie games.

Exactly. Batman: Arkham Asylum is a fantastic game in its own right, not connected to any film. It was crafted with patience, care and a love for the character. I'm thinking the next Bond game should be a stand-alone affair like Everything or Nothing.

#18 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:01 AM

it was just rushed in time to meet the movie

And sadly this trend will probably continue.

One fact people consistently overlook as to why GoldenEye 007 was one of the best video games way back when, aside from all it did to revolutionize FPS, is the fact that they waited to make the game. It was based around the film, rather than made as a tie-in to the film. They were concerned with making a good game that happened to be about Bond, instead of making a game quick to cash in on the film's success, which is unfortunately what happens to the vast majority of movie games. I can't even think of one film tie-in that was actually good. I can name a small handful that are mediocre at best, but not good.

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay was a great movie tie-in. It was released a couple of weeks before the Chronicles of Riddick movie and while the movie was not great the game definitely was.

I do agree that generally film tie-ins are disappointing.

#19 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:47 AM

when will we get a james bond guitar hero game?

Haha.. though both the James Bond Theme and Another Way to Die are downloadable tracks for Guitar Hero World Tour. Rumor is that Live and Let Die could make it's way to The Beatles: Rock Band as part of a Paul McCartney DLC.

#20 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

Posted Image

#21 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image

very very cool.

i am hoping for a winner

#22 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:17 AM

Im tired of these Rambo styled romps for Bond games. They need more emphasis on stealth and infiltration instead of just shooting everything. I thought QoS was a great game, the best since GE, but it just doesnt feel very Bond-ish when all you do is shoot people. Next one needs to be a little more like Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid, but not taking itself as seriously as those titles, and with a little more Bond elements like car chases. Bond is a spy, so why arent the Bond games spy games rather than shoot 'em ups?

#23 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:07 AM

Im tired of these Rambo styled romps for Bond games. They need more emphasis on stealth and infiltration instead of just shooting everything. I thought QoS was a great game, the best since GE, but it just doesnt feel very Bond-ish when all you do is shoot people. Next one needs to be a little more like Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid, but not taking itself as seriously as those titles, and with a little more Bond elements like car chases. Bond is a spy, so why arent the Bond games spy games rather than shoot 'em ups?

I highly recommend giving Everything or Nothing a shot. There are some very fine stealth elements in that game as well as solid action and driving. It'll last you a while too. Also, we need to give Treyarch another shot at Bond before we completely codemn their efforts. Keep in mind that they wont be perfect, and they would probably do a better job at making a game than any of us on this site. Keep the faith is what I say.

#24 Sigma7

Sigma7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

I liked EON and FRWL games, and i think they should intermingle the 2 , but i also like the idea of more stealth elements and actually using your brain for some levels

#25 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

Yeah EoN was OK. At least it tried to be the video game equivalent of a Bond movie instead of just a first person shooter with a Bond title. They need to make more games like that with original stories.

#26 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

Personally I thought FRWL is the Bond game which produced the most Bond-like atmosphere. For me, that is the most important aspect.

#27 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

Something has gone very wrong in the world of Bond gaming. I think there might be an intriguing untold story here.

#28 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:18 AM

Something has gone very wrong in the world of Bond gaming. I think there might be an intriguing untold story here.

Referring specifically to Activision here, zen?

#29 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:26 AM

Referring specifically to Activision here, zen?

No. I think it might be more about Eon. But I don't know the story.

#30 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:59 AM

Ah, gotcha. It's a shame the series has never been a dynamite bestseller in the videogame format.

...(besides GoldenEye).