#1 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:38 PM

Any ideas?

My idea: Almost like "Live and Let die" when Bond tries to escape a alligator's den, maybe Bond could try to fight or escape a vicious tiger?

#2 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

Any ideas?

My idea: escape a vicious tiger?

"Sit!"

#3 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

I'd like to see Bond in the midst of a natural disaster - something utterly beyond his control. Charlie Higson's Hurricane Gold handled this wonderfully, dropping James in the middle of a hurricane in Mexico.

#4 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:48 AM

What about the Giant Squid from Fleming's Dr No, or the Garden of Death? Two unused possibilities from the source itself.

Edited by The Shark, 02 August 2009 - 12:49 AM.

#5 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

I like the Squid from Dr.No but how do you do that without going too CGI? I don't think you can.If done right i suppose it could work but lets not have it look like a giant ccreature movie looking Squid.

#6 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:51 AM

The Hurricane from HG would be perfect.

#7 MicroGlobeOne

MicroGlobeOne

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:33 AM

Shameless plug! This idea is one of the things that inspired "Between the Shadow and the Soul," my entry in last year's Forever Yours, With Regret fan fiction anthology celebrating Ian Fleming's centenary at CBn. I dropped Bond in Valdivia, Chile, in the aftermath of the Great Chilean Earthquake of 1960, to date the most powerful earthquake ever recorded. It's rare that 007 is confronted with a natural disaster or has to deal with its repercussions and I thought it would be interesting to see what this might add to the traditional Fleming formula. I feel it delivered a fascinating spin on the mandatory exotic locale.

As [dark] has said, nevermind crocodiles and tigers. I'd love to see a major natural disaster play a significant role in a James Bond film. From hurricanes to wildfires to earthquakes to floods, just think of the possibilities! There's a lot of thrills, not to mention stunning visuals, to be derived from a Bond vs. Nature scenario. It would provide a lovely way to introduce something new and unexpected to the formula for 007 adventures, a means of helping the film to stand out.

#8 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

As mentioned above a hurricane would be wonderful. I'd be very interested to see an avalanche again after On Her Majesty's Secret Service. I know we had one in The World Is Not Enough but it wasn't the very best! With a good camera crew they can achieve somehting preety big.

#9 RedKelly

RedKelly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:32 PM

The Garden of Death? What Bond's plants will all wither and die? No that was terrible B)

#10 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

The hurricane idea is good. I’d really like to see Bond fight in driving rain, preferably at night. The only illumination is by that of lightning. Throw in some howling evil wind as well. It has the potential to be epic.

#11 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:02 AM

The Garden of Death? What Bond's plants will all wither and die? No that was terrible B)

It's one of Fleming's best ideas, truly horrifying. It's a garden filled with deadly creatures used for suicide and various nefarious purposes, it could be an iconic Bond image.

#12 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:28 AM

Any ideas?

My idea: Almost like "Live and Let die" when Bond tries to escape a alligator's den, maybe Bond could try to fight or escape a vicious tiger?

Sounds like Octopussy.

#13 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:48 AM

In the thread about the possibility/suitability of American locations in future Bond films, someone brought up Alaska as an interesting setting for a Bond film, and I would have to agree. I think that they could do something really interesting with one of the locations there where it either stays light outside all day or it stays dark outside all day, and that would be an interesting thing for a villaint to try to use to manipulate Bond in some way. The concept was the basis for the Al Pacino film INSOMNIA, but it wasn't used in an interesting way at all. That type of idea of "Bond vs. Nature" would be very interesting, IMO.

#14 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:44 AM

Maybe Sarah Palin could hunt down Bond from a helicopter with a machine gun? B)

#15 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

Maybe Sarah Palin could hunt down Bond from a helicopter with a machine gun? B)

Hmmm!

#16 Martini

Martini

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:52 PM

I like the Squid from Dr.No but how do you do that without going too CGI? I don't think you can.If done right i suppose it could work but lets not have it look like a giant ccreature movie looking Squid.

I do think that the squid could be realized by good old animatronics. Perhaps they should hire Guillermo del Toro, who made most of the creatures in Pan's Labyrinth and Hell Boy 2 without CGI.