16 replies to this topic

#1 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

I seem to recall Mr. Forster hinting at the possibility of some kind of QoS Director's Cut edition (either I read it or I dreamt it...), which I would very much like to see. I like the film the way it is, but there are nevertheless many ways to improve it.

How large do you think the chances of getting the first real Director's Cut of a Bond movie are?

Edited by The Ghost Who Walks, 29 July 2009 - 04:07 PM.

#2 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

I'm sure the mods will find the thread from a few months ago - with lengthy discussions on this very subject - and help answer your enquiry.

Cheers.

B)

#3 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

Slim I reckon. I think what we have seen is all we are going to get. I seem to remember Forster discussing about the deleted scenes that may crop up but I would be (pleasantly) surprised if EON gave the go ahead for a directors cut of their film.

#4 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:54 PM

0% chance of there being a director's cut

#5 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

What I know for sure is that is going to be released a Deluxe Edition with Audio Comentaries.

xxx

#6 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

100% chance of there being a deluxe edition. and 100% chance of me buying the movie again.

#7 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

There's a slight chance that this "Deluxe Edition" will arrive a short time before Bond 23.

There's a 100% chance that I ,too, will buy this new fancy Deluxe Edition.

#8 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:00 PM

How about a special "Competent Cut" so we can actually see and follow the action?

#9 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Agreed. There's never been a director's cut for a Bond film, and I don't see why they would go against that tradition and decide to release one now.

#10 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:37 PM

Agreed. There's never been a director's cut for a Bond film, and I don't see why they would go against that tradition and decide to release one now.

It would be nice nonetheless.

#11 darthbond

darthbond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:26 AM

Miracles just don't happen in Bond's world, except for Daniel Craig's discovery.

darthbond

Edited by darthbond, 30 July 2009 - 01:27 AM.

#12 Gabriel

Gabriel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

There's never been a director's cut for a Bond film, and I don't see why they would go against that tradition and decide to release one now.

Then again, there's always a first time. There's nothing studios like more than making fans double- and triple-dip. Not to mention that the 'uncut' versions of LTK, GE and so on are now available, which constitute different versions of the films from those seen here before!

#13 Dekard77

Dekard77

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

There's never been a director's cut for a Bond film, and I don't see why they would go against that tradition and decide to release one now.

Then again, there's always a first time. There's nothing studios like more than making fans double- and triple-dip. Not to mention that the 'uncut' versions of LTK, GE and so on are now available, which constitute different versions of the films from those seen here before!

I hope they release uncut version of LTK with Dalton footage in. QOS should be given uncut treatment.

#14 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

the movie feels like a director's cut...maybe that's why so many trash it. I love it though. B)

#15 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:43 PM

How about a special "Competent Cut" so we can actually see and follow the action?

That's perfect! B)

#16 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:25 PM

That's perfect! :tdown:

Exatcly. B)

#17 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

I'm sure the mods will find the thread from a few months ago - with lengthy discussions on this very subject - and help answer your enquiry.

Cheers.

B)

Thanks a bunch for telling this, mate, I will try to find the thread myself (I cannot recall having seen it). I have some troubles with the Search-function of the board, so it might take a while...

That's actually what I thought I remembered Forster talking about: a cut that would re-edit some of the action to make it less, um, shaky. Again, this might have been a rather geeky dream or something. :tdown:

#18 rb1harpo

rb1harpo

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:56 PM

Amen brother! I'd like to see a Competent Cut of Sean Connery's LXG also.