#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:03 AM

Bond star George Lazenby wants divorce payout

The one-time James Bond actor George Lazenby is reportedly challenging his prenuptial agreement with the tennis star Pam Shriver because he does not want his children asking why their mother has a much bigger house than he does.

Lazenby, who played 007 in the 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service, is asking a judge to void a prenup signed before he married Shriver in 2002, the TMZ.com celebrity website reported. The couple separated last year.

According to divorce documents filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court the former actor is asking for $16,133 a month in spousal support.

TMZ said that Lazenby, 69, has assets of more than $1 million but said that Shriver, 47, is "30 times a millionaire". "He doesn't want to explain to their three kids why mommy's house is so much bigger than daddy's," the website reported.

http://entertainment...icle6720734.ece - The Times

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:59 AM

Don't worry, Laz: I've got a few things I need signed at Comic-Comic, which should help your financial situation a little bit.

#3 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:06 AM

Dame can't pay up!

#4 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:15 AM

Lets see how this turns out, after all, Laz signed a pre-nup. But hey, the divorce laws seem to always favor the woman it seems.

#5 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

What's the big deal?

"Daddy, why is Mommy's house so much bigger than yours?"

"Well, darling, that's because Mommy is an insecure, shallow person who compensates for her inadequacies as a human being by flaunting her wealth. Don't worry, Daddy loves you more than material possessions, even if Mommy doesn't."

I've never seen a shared custody issue yet that couldn't be solved by bad-mouthing the other parent.

#6 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

Listen, why shouldn't the children be told that their mother was the primary earner, was more talented and is the superior provider?

!

B)

#7 David_M

David_M

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1064 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

Listen, why shouldn't the children be told that their mother was the primary earner, was more talented and is the superior provider?

Indeed. They'll find out sooner or later. And really, what difference would for Mommy and Daddy to have the same size house if Daddy's was paid for with Mommy's money (forked over by court order)? Wouldn't that make him an even bigger loser?

Either way, I'm betting both houses are bigger than any I'll ever live in. Those kids won't exactly grow up deprived. Well, not of money, anyway.

#8 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

!

B)

Because a woman should never be the bread winner. She ought to shut up, put on an apron, and stay in the kitchen :tdown:

Right then, guess I ought to stop cracking jokes if it kills a thread for two hours

Edited by Tybre, 21 July 2009 - 07:38 PM.

#9 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:02 PM

Did you know that Laz has a daughter who is a Real Estate agent in New York?

You can look her up and ask her out on a date!

#10 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:44 PM

Is her last name Lazenby or is she married? I am in the market for a bigger place.

#11 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

Is her last name Lazenby or is she married? I am in the market for a bigger place.

Lazenby...and stunningly pretty, from what i'm told.

#12 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:53 AM

Lazenby...and stunningly pretty, from what i'm told.

Planning for our future, are we?

#13 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:17 AM

!

B)

Because a woman should never be the bread winner. She ought to shut up, put on an apron, and stay in the kitchen :tdown:

Just another reason why Laz shouldnt have quit the role and stuck with it :tdown: He'd probably be doing pretty good for himself by now.

#14 Forward Look

Forward Look

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, Georgia USA - home of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:03 AM

She covered the recent Wimbledon games for NBC Sports...not too shabby, and certainly not hurting financially either.