9 replies to this topic

#1 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:20 AM

Licence to Kill was released 20 years ago today and to celebrate the occasion, FelixLeiter.com wanted to treat Bond fans with...

Posted Image

The David Hedison FLc Interview

#2 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:16 AM

Nice job with the interview, Chris; short but sweet. A bit insightful, too--I never knew that Chuck Lee in "AVTAK" was originally intended to be Felix.

B)

Edited by coco1997, 14 July 2009 - 05:16 AM.

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:30 AM

Nice job with the interview, Chris; short but sweet. A bit insightful, too--I never knew that Chuck Lee in "AVTAK" was originally intended to be Felix.

B)

I'm not sure whether Felix Leiter was in an early draft of A View to a Kill or not. Does anybody have any insight into this question?

I think Hedison was just trying to say that the CIA agent, Chuck Lee, could have been Felix Leiter had they not made the character Asian. In my opinion, Chuck Lee should have been Leiter but I understand the need for the occasional local CIA contact.

#4 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:40 AM

B)

I'm not sure whether Felix Leiter was in an early draft of A View to a Kill or not. Does anybody have any insight into this question?

I think Hedison was just trying to say that the CIA agent, Chuck Lee, could have been Felix Leiter had they not made the character Asian. In my opinion, Chuck Lee should have been Leiter but I understand the need for the occasional local CIA contact.

I assume it was decided to have Chuck Lee instead of Leiter because he got killed off.

#5 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

Glad we could finally get the interview done. We'd originally planned to do one last year, but Mr. Hedison was quite busy at the time. But the LTK anniversary has proven to be a most appropriate occasion. Hope you all enjoy!

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:53 AM

Nice interview - great work, Chris and Hunter. B)

#7 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

Qwert, thanks for plugging this interview on the CommanderBond.net main page! B)

#8 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:09 AM

Great interview, guys. Good questions there, and not your typical run-of-the-mill questions that he would get every time. Nice work.

B)

#9 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:01 AM

Great interview, guys. Good questions there, and not your typical run-of-the-mill questions that he would get every time. Nice work.

B)

Thanks! :tdown:

#10 0024

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

Very good interview, and it's good to hear from Hedison. Those were good questions to hear because Leiter is such an elusive part, continuity-wise, always in flux.