Geoffrey Moore, the next Bond?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Rod Slater

Rod Slater

Cadet

• Crew
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 07:58 PM

Roger Moore said a few weeks ago his son Geoffrey would be the best next Bond. He looks great as his father and like his father isn't very strong but isn't an actor....

#2 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 01:34 AM

I remember when Moore was on The Tonight Show several years ago and Johnny Carson mentioned his other son, Christian, should play Bond someday.

Wasn't Geoffrey Moore an assistant or something on AVTAK?

#3 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 03:32 AM

also, didnt roger visit one of his children on the set of Goldeneye? forget all the details like what job they performed etc, but i do remember reading that somewhere

#4 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 03:04 PM

I don't know about him visiting one of his children but I do know that he visited the GoldenEye set. He joked around alot and told reporters that he'd been rehired because Brosnan wasn't doing a very good job.

#5 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 01:19 PM

Geoffrey Moore appeared on This Morning on ITV1 today for a brief interview about Bond (mainly his dad, Roger).

Anyway, during the chat one of the presenters (Fern somethingorother) asked him if he would like to play Bond, he said "I'd love to" and then Fern went a step further and said that he was in the top three of people to take over from Brosnan ... Moore didn't comment on this point, which led to Fern saying "You're not allowed to talk about it, are you?"

Make of that what you will. Personally, I think he could play Bond. He looks the part, although I've yet to see him act.