Bond 23, 10 or more different plot ideas

12 replies to this topic

#1 dartmouthparkisfab

dartmouthparkisfab

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

1) Climax is new twist on old idea of Bond + marines versus villain's army. But Bond's army = Bond + Bond girl + Felix Leiter (that would be a twist), shooting it out with bad guys + bad girls (another twist). Climax is also set among chaos - lots of bombers attacking different parts of a city

2) Villain's plot = human trafficking + attacking huge data servers that power Google or something similar. Or attacking undersea cables that connect dataservers. Villain's motives are financial although possibly main villain is hired by terrorist group to cause chaos. Terror group could be into trafficking.

3) Trafficking theme could also bring another twist: some henchmen are forced labour - was reading an intersting new story recently about children being forced into being suicide bombers (indoctrinated, pumped full of adrenalin, traded from gang to gang - so money changes hands). Awful, but would make an interesting sub-plot

4) Some kind of Quantum versus SPECTRE scenario with Bond playing one against the other in style of Eastwood in Fistful of Dollars

5) And or some type of Godfather-style blood feud within/between criminal organisations

6) Blofeld is a nutter - he shaves his head and kills white cats and other animals

7) Instrumental main theme using gunbarrel blood washes as screen fades

8) Q = Bond's techie fellow agent and is a fellow 00 operative. Moneypenny = Q's girlfriend - but fancies Bond; hence problem

10) Fight scene in a bombed out zoo; chase scene through hot springs; chase scene with Bond on a bicyle - seriously... I wonder if it can be made to seem exciting. One of villain's HQs is glamorous - maybe within pummice stacks of Anatolia or termite mound-style houses in Ethiopia. Other HQ is downbeat, eg mob take up base in trailer park before attacking city.

#2 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:53 AM

Where's number nine? I was promised ten ideas!

Also, I don't agree with any of them, especially Blofeld being 'a nutter'. Sane villains are far scarier than the insane, unless it's Joker-insane, but to do that woul just be ripping of the Nolanverse. I also found some of he ideas disjointed in terms of the way they were written, so I had a very hard time understanding what you were talking about.

#3 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

I have a plot idea:

After the titles, open in speeding down a road, like in GoldenEye. We then cut to the driver of a motorcycle; this sequence would be an adaptation of From a View to a Kill. This motorcycle driver, in due course, catches up to an identically-dressed rider, who is a dispatch courier, and kills him.

After this shocking act of brutality, we cut to Bond in Paris, where he is enjoying a drink at Harry's Bar (if it's still around, that is) after the pre-titles mission (not sure what it is yet). He gets picked by Mary Ann Russell, a character similar to Fields (if a bit nicer), and is whisked away to solve this problem with the couriers.

The film proceeds like the story, but when Bond infiltrates the enemy pillarbox-thing, he discovers them to be operatives hired out by... you guessed it, Quantum.

This sequence would provide an excellent opening to the story proper (it hasn't even been featured in the films yet!), feature more time with Craig on a motorcycle, and be a very nice reference to Fleming story points.

What do you think? B)

#4 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 01:16 AM

I have a plot idea:

After the titles, open in speeding down a road, like in GoldenEye. We then cut to the driver of a motorcycle; this sequence would be an adaptation of From a View to a Kill. This motorcycle driver, in due course, catches up to an identically-dressed rider, who is a dispatch courier, and kills him.

After this shocking act of brutality, we cut to Bond in Paris, where he is enjoying a drink at Harry's Bar (if it's still around, that is) after the pre-titles mission (not sure what it is yet). He gets picked by Mary Ann Russell, a character similar to Fields (if a bit nicer), and is whisked away to solve this problem with the couriers.

The film proceeds like the story, but when Bond infiltrates the enemy pillarbox-thing, he discovers them to be operatives hired out by... you guessed it, Quantum.

This sequence would provide an excellent opening to the story proper (it hasn't even been featured in the films yet!), feature more time with Craig on a motorcycle, and be a very nice reference to Fleming story points.

What do you think? :tdown:

I'd be all for it B)

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:12 PM

Nice idea, Mr. Blofeld. B)

#6 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:03 AM

Anyone here heard of Carnivale in Italy? Perhaps the writers could work in a scene revolving around it...B)

#7 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

I'd rather Bond keep away from Italy for a little bit. Venice in Royale and Talamone and Siena in the last. I think Italy's due a bit of a respite.

#8 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:39 AM

I'd rather Bond keep away from Italy for a little bit. Venice in Royale and Talamone and Siena in the last. I think Italy's due a bit of a respite.

Agreed. It's time for Bond to go to some places that he hasn't been to yet. Australia and Canada spring to mind as ideal locations for the next film.

#9 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:00 AM

Agreed. It's time for Bond to go to some places that he hasn't been to yet. Australia and Canada spring to mind as ideal locations for the next film.

Yes, let the next one begin in Canada (PTS), and then move onto here (Australia!).

If not Australia, I'm all for a Japanese-China adventure with lots of local colour and flavour, and not too much jet-setting. However, maybe lots of rushed visits to multiple locations suits the Craig Bond films, and the plot point of Quantum being everywhere? (that's if Quantum is due to appear in Bond 23).

#10 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:16 AM

Yes, let the next one begin in Canada (PTS), and then move onto here (Australia!).

I'd definitely be up for something like that. There's so much potential with both locations that it really is amazing that Bond hasn't made an appearance in either country in the entire franchise.

#11 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:23 AM

I'd definitely be up for something like that. There's so much potential with both locations that it really is amazing that Bond hasn't made an appearance in either country in the entire franchise.

Well in a way it's certainly understandable during the Connery era at least. Canada and Australia were not exactly major factors in the Cold War to begin with, and pretty much the whole of the Connery era came from Fleming.

#12 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:29 AM

Well in a way it's certainly understandable during the Connery era at least. Canada and Australia were not exactly major factors in the Cold War to begin with, and pretty much the whole of the Connery era came from Fleming.

True, but I also think that they've had plenty of time since then to send Bond to at least one of the two locations.

Hopefully, though, Bond will make it to both countries sometime soon. There's some great locations to be seen in both (I'd love to see Bond visit the Outback, especially if it involved him taking place in some sort of survival situation, or something along the lines of "The Most Dangerous Game"), and both countries also have a wealth of actors and actresses that would be wonderful in a Bond film. I'd love to see Stana Katic return as Corinne in a Bond film that took place, at least partially, in Canada. And Yvonne Strahovski (amongst many other actresses) would make a fantastic Bond girl for an Australian-based Bond film.

#13 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:48 AM

True, but I also think that they've had plenty of time since then to send Bond to at least one of the two locations.

Hopefully, though, Bond will make it to both countries sometime soon. There's some great locations to be seen in both (I'd love to see Bond visit the Outback, especially if it involved him taking place in some sort of survival situation, or something along the lines of "The Most Dangerous Game"), and both countries also have a wealth of actors and actresses that would be wonderful in a Bond film. I'd love to see Stana Katic return as Corinne in a Bond film that took place, at least partially, in Canada. And Yvonne Strahovski (amongst many other actresses) would make a fantastic Bond girl for an Australian-based Bond film.

Canada has been used for filming purposes, but is yet to star "as itself". I think the reason that neither country has appeared is largely due to the fact that neither has been involved in major intrigue or terrorism plots (maybe this is one of the reasons that both countries always feature very high on the list of best places to live).

I would love the PTS to be in Canada from the point of view of continuation from QOS. Hey, maybe it can begin with Bond in bed with Corinne? B)