That didn't really get it on with the ladies. It was a good change

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:40 PM

He had Pam, Lupe, Kara, The woman on the boat in The Living Daylights PTS. That's two women per movie.

The way it was toned down, was probably to do with the HIV/AIDS scare in the 1980's.

#3 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

He had Pam, Lupe, Kara, The woman on the boat in The Living Daylights PTS. That's two women per movie.

The way it was toned down, was probably to do with the HIV/AIDS scare in the 1980's.

I think the toned down womanizing works for Dalton though. I think if Dalton were as promiscuous as the other Bonds, I just don't think it would have worked. And really, in a lot of the films, Bond had only one woman. It's just one woman per a boatload of films. So the lack of lots of women isn't too unusual. He's just less flirty and more...romantically inclined, I suppose?

#4 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

Dalton's Bond has actually had more women than Craig's Bond. Dalton's two per Craig's 3 (don't forget he never slept with Camille).

#5 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:06 AM

Dalton's Bond has actually had more women than Craig's Bond. Dalton's two per Craig's 3 (don't forget he never slept with Camille).

Or Solange. That was all foreplay.

#6 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

I really don't think AIDS had anything to do with it. In most of the Fleming books Bond only had 1 woman. I think TLD was going for a bit more of a throwback to Fleming's novels than the sexscapades of the previous films.

#7 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:01 PM

To be honest, I don't think this applies to LTK. Dalton's Bond is hell bent on revenge/justice, yes, but he also doesn't pass up the opportunity to enjoy himself (and that includes celebrating his newfound, albeit brief, wealth) when it doesn't interfere with his mission.

As for TLD, that just struck me as Bond being romantic, which he had been as recently as FYEO and even Octopussy.

If the movie was attempting to make a social statement (like LTK did with the surgeon general's warning about cigarette smoking),

Was that really a social statement, though? I never even noticed it until I read about it here, and as we know Bond smokes throughout the movie. On the other hand, Goldeneye (and certainly the PTS of Tomorrow Never Dies) was actually making a statement about smoking.

#8 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:05 PM

I really don't think AIDS had anything to do with it. In most of the Fleming books Bond only had 1 woman. I think TLD was going for a bit more of a throwback to Fleming's novels than the sexscapades of the previous films.

Have to agree with jag here.

In the Fleming novels Bond was considerably less promiscuous than in many of the films. He still had a certain "weakness" for women though, but often he "fell" for the woman (i.e. became emotionally involved prior to becoming sexually involved).

I like to think that TLD was going for that sort of throwback to some extent.

#9 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

Actually they went nuts with the Bond babes in the Moore era. It got so ridiculous that at one point Roger Moore said he was sure one of these days he was going to have to do a sex scene on a chandelier.

#10 darthbond

darthbond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

You have to give them credit for variety.

darthbond