13 replies to this topic

#1 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:04 AM

How would the CBN community feel if Bond 23 took a more suspensefull mysterious turn.

Now i'm not talking just a straight up murder mystery but perhpas a situation where someone dies a mysterious death 007 is called in and it leads to a much greater scheme and Bond has to figure out what is really going on of course before it is too late.

This would be a great way to grab the unused bit of For your eyes only Where M asks Bond to investigate the death of some friends. Which would make a strong Scene for Dench and Craig and also explain why 007 is M's favourite agent.

(this is a not so covert way to get the hildebrand rarity used B))

#2 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

Sounds a little like the premise for Dr No.

I like those sorts of Bond films, bring it on. I want to see more spying and investigating and less running.

#3 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:02 AM

I'd be more interested in having something like an assignment go bad and Bond having to investigate what happened. We could go through the whole process of him establishing a cover identity, setting up a safehouse and following the operation through to the point where it all goes bad and from then onte story continue with Bond trying to work out what happened at the same time as he foils the villain's plans.

#4 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

I'd be more interested in having something like an assignment go bad and Bond having to investigate what happened. We could go through the whole process of him establishing a cover identity, setting up a safehouse and following the operation through to the point where it all goes bad and from then onte story continue with Bond trying to work out what happened at the same time as he foils the villain's plans.

Care to whip up a story using those ideas, Cap? B)

#5 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:42 PM

Sounds a little like the premise for Dr No.

I like those sorts of Bond films, bring it on. I want to see more spying and investigating and less running.

Agreed and of course for the film to be a fun ride.

#6 Sigma7

Sigma7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

I would like to see bond, be "bond" in the next movie, using his wits, and being clever in dastardly situations. Craigs bond in QOS was a bit thuggish and unrefined, and hopefully he will have a haircut like he did in CR, his QOS hair brushed down sucked

#7 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

I like the idea of a Bond film where we don't know who the villian is right off the bat. That is one aspect that made FYEO so good.

#8 Zackman

Zackman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

A mysterious, more suspenseful Bond 23 is exactly what I want to see. Daniel Craig in a FYEO or Dr. No style film could work very well I think.

I can just imagine the credits sequence filled with shadows and dark imagery, accompanied by a slow, moody theme song.

#9 Lebowski951

Lebowski951

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:30 AM

The espionage and -dare i say- gadgets really define a bond movie for me. I think a field kit would be an appropriate combination of both.

#10 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:46 AM

I don't really want to see Bond-as-Holmes.

I'm all for the film containing plenty of hurdles for Bond and a twist or two, but not a straight whodunnit. Not only is it a major clash with the narrative style of the series, it would be an all-too-easy fit for yet another English traitor. Which is something I'm ready to miss for the rest of the series.

#11 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:14 AM

I'm all for the film containing plenty of hurdles for Bond and a twist or two, but not a straight whodunnit. Not only is it a major clash with the narrative style of the series, it would be an all-too-easy fit for yet another English traitor. Which is something I'm ready to miss for the rest of the series.

not nesscarily and it wouldn't be a straight up who done it but it would invovle bond working against the clock.

#12 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:37 AM

not nesscarily and it wouldn't be a straight up who done it but it would invovle bond working against the clock.

So like Thunderball and the warheads

#13 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:10 AM

So like Thunderball and the warheads

no more l;ike the man with the golden gun only darker and grittier and no Sherif JW pepper

#14 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:48 PM

A Dr. No-ish type Bond film would be a nice change of pace for this era and Captain Tightpants brings up a very interesting storyline which would really be a fresh and interesting while being mysterious and suspenseful at the same time. I am currently reading the Moonraker novel and thought another good idea with a similar story line would be like in the Moonraker novel where Bond tries to find out if a fellow card player of M's is a cheater as a favor but I would change it from M to Q so this character could be introduced in an interesting way (of course I could see Tom Wilkinson or Bill Nighy as Q).