This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

'The Living Daylights: Back to Fleming's basics' (a review)

63 replies to this topic

#61 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

What was this thread about again?

We must be bored if we've sunk to reviewing each other's reviews. Perhaps we've climbed. Perhaps this is as good as it gets.

Brilliantly crafted response there, Jim. Seriously. A good review of reviews of a review/s. This is the post-post modern CBN I have strived for....

#62 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

We must be bored if we've sunk to reviewing each other's reviews. Perhaps we've climbed. Perhaps this is as good as it gets.

Brilliantly crafted response there, Jim. Seriously. A good review of reviews of a review/s. This is the post-post modern CBN I have strived for....

Something I saw on an unrelated web page: If posters didn't bicker over inconsequential things, the only thing left on the internet would be pørn.

#63 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 12:21 AM

Something I saw on an unrelated web page: If posters didn't bicker over inconsequential things, the only thing left on the internet would be pørn.

Considering it already accounts for 95% of the internet...

#64 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:22 PM

I'm not very good at reviews. In fact I'm what is called B)e at them. Having said that I will say this about the film: It was a fantastic throw back to Fleming. Fresh, exciting and what a Bond film should be. Timothy Dalton was great as Bond. His performance was brilliant! You actually forget Moore, Connery and the others as soon as he walks onto the screen.

Yep, I'll have to give TLD 10 out of 10.

HF