17 replies to this topic

#1 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

Since Bond has gone on the whole character delopment arc for the last 2 films, it's pretty clear that after settling the ghost of Vesper in QOS.....do you think it could be time to introduce the opening sex scene for Bond.
Maybe start the next film with M in the office trying to get in contact with M, she barks at Tanner something and we're told he's tidying up some mission in some far away land, and cut to Daniel romancing a lady.
Or is this too out of sync with Daniel's Bond? After all he is the more introverted colder harder Bond......

Personally I'd love to see it. Bring back the casual sex!

#2 iexpectu2die

iexpectu2die

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Maybe he could then leave and drive away before 'completing the mission', making it a running theme for Craig's Bond!

Or is that not as cool... B)

Edited by iexpectu2die, 07 June 2009 - 10:42 PM.

#3 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:47 PM

Well, after all the Fields affair in QoS was rather casual sex, wasn't it? So I don't think it would be in itself out of character.
But I'm afraid it wouldn't really fit with the new tone of the franchise (and of course it's a bit cliché, but well the franchse is a lot about clichés!)

#4 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

Well, after all the Fields affair in QoS was rather casual sex, wasn't it? So I don't think it would be in itself out of character.
But I'm afraid it wouldn't really fit with the new tone of the franchise (and of course it's a bit cliché, but well the franchse is a lot about clichés!)

I agree, I think Bond 23 will open with the usual bang but not in that way.
Actually that's cliched too isn't it? Car Chase, explosions?
Maybe it'll be very sublime this time.
Bond sitting reading a book in a library, M calls "we need you..again"..he says "for B)s sake" then leaves.

#5 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

Since there's an expressed interest on the part of Craig--and the producers too if I'm not mistaken--to move toward a "lighter" tone in the next film, I don't see this kind of scene as out of the question. Don't see it happening in the PTS itsellf, though, since, as already noted, that will probably start out with Bond in the middle of some kind of mission. But if the PTS is reasonably stand-alone--that is, the first post-PTS scene doesn't immediately follow it--then they could certainly have that kind of moment as Bond is summoned for his main assignment, as in TND.

Possibly there could be some dialogue touching on the whole casual-sex thing and how it fits into Bond's current view of life (a la "You like married women, don't you" in CR). That is, it wouldn't necessarily just be a casual-sex moment, but could also hint (indirectly, no anvils please) at where Bond is emotionally.

#6 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:41 PM

Can we please allow the Bond films to be what they are. Casual sex is a staple and the movies should never have to apologise for it. Craig's Bond isn't above casual sex. He casually got with Solange, he lusted after vesper upon meeting her and did the dirty with fields.
The fact is, Bond just needs to be in a film that doesn't have him emotionally chaotic. I particularly liked Craig's relaxed portrayal of Bond when he and vesper are off the train and driving to the hotel upto the moment he enters his password at the CR.

#7 Sigma7

Sigma7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Well, if bond 23 is as badly edited as QOS, bonds dirty deeds will be on screen for less than a couple of nano seconds, so it prolly wouldnt be important hehehe

#8 Zackman

Zackman

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

Maybe it'll be very sublime this time.
Bond sitting reading a book in a library, M calls "we need you..again"..he says "for B)s sake" then leaves.

I would really like to see that :tdown:

Edited by Zackman, 09 June 2009 - 08:12 PM.

#9 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:04 PM

The fact is, Bond just needs to be in a film that doesn't have him emotionally chaotic. I particularly liked Craig's relaxed portrayal of Bond when he and vesper are off the train and driving to the hotel upto the moment he enters his password at the CR.

I believe we will see a more relaxed Bond next time out. The whole Vesper business is behind him, anything else partaining to that would just feel like beating a dead horse.

#10 right idea, wrong pussy

right idea, wrong pussy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

Can we please allow the Bond films to be what they are. Casual sex is a staple and the movies should never have to apologise for it. Craig's Bond isn't above casual sex. He casually got with Solange, he lusted after vesper upon meeting her and did the dirty with fields.

I agree, for the most part, though in regards to Major B's post I don't think it would be bad for someone like M, Moneypenny (dare I hope!), etc. to comment or make a quip about Bond's sexual habits. As long as it's a moment or a scene analyzing the root of Bond's philandering and not an entire movie psychoanalyzing him, I think it'd be alright.

#11 007Bond007

007Bond007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

yea why not.

#12 Aces High

Aces High

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:57 PM

I would like a Bond free pre-title scene with some outlandish & breathtaking coup..with a cliffhanger...then letsget Bond out there!!...
Oh & the dots & gunbarrel...AT THE BEGINING OF THE FILM!

#13 havok_007

havok_007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

I want more woman all over him all throughout the film.
Not just the odd random suddenly in bed with agent fields crap, they hardly even spoke or kissed.. was reasonably boring.

#14 Greene217

Greene217

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:11 PM

The first scene should be straight into action (in a random, seperate mini-mission like in Goldfinger) with the john barry bond theme in high volumne as we see craig as the real Bond taking care of business.

#15 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:05 PM

we see craig as the real Bond taking care of business.

I think that is what this thread is about B)

#16 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:40 PM

The first scene should be straight into action (in a random, seperate mini-mission like in Goldfinger) with the john barry bond theme in high volumne as we see craig as the real Bond taking care of business.

Personally I'm not fond of a GF-esque PTS. I'd rather having something like TLD, that could stand on its own or it could be a part of the plot, we're not wholly sure until something crops up later.

#17 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

I agree, for the most part, though in regards to Major B's post I don't think it would be bad for someone like M, Moneypenny (dare I hope!), etc. to comment or make a quip about Bond's sexual habits. As long as it's a moment or a scene analyzing the root of Bond's philandering and not an entire movie psychoanalyzing him, I think it'd be alright.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. Not make it a big deal, but acknowledge in passing that he's been burned emotionally and is more comfortable with casual encounters. I totally agree that it shouldn't be a major theme or anything, but I'd like to see it touched on.

And I think double o ego is right on the money: I too would like the Bond in B23 to be more relaxed and enjoying himself. The scenes with Vesper in CR that he mentions, along with the banter with Mathis and Fields when Bond arrives in Bolivia, are the kind of thing I'd like to see a lot more of.

#18 havok_007

havok_007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:06 PM

Well, if bond 23 is as badly edited as QOS, bonds dirty deeds will be on screen for less than a couple of nano seconds, so it prolly wouldnt be important hehehe

LOL, yeah i blinked and missed the part when bond got with Camille... oh wait he didnt