This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

How about Bond 23 To Keep Its Code Name?

7 replies to this topic

#1 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:46 AM

How about the next James Bond movie to be called Bond 23? Do you like this idea? Yes, No, Maybe, so? Tell me what you think.

#2 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:23 PM

No. It could be / could have been an option at some point of the franchise if they could come up with a reason for the number in the storyline, but "23" isn't a very good sounding number.

#3 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

They could wait for the next one and call it Bond 24 - only it it involves the character Jack Bauer. B)

#4 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

no thanks i want an actual title and one from fleming prefferbly.

#5 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:27 PM

How about the next James Bond movie to be called Bond 23? Do you like this idea? Yes, No, Maybe, so? Tell me what you think.

Why on earth would they do that?

#6 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

No. It could be / could have been an option at some point of the franchise if they could come up with a reason for the number in the storyline, but "23" isn't a very good sounding number.

Agree.
No doubt the next one will be between POAL vs. THR in my mind although EoN could through us for a loop and do something completely left field but not "Bond 23."

#7 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:53 PM

Agree.
No doubt the next one will be between POAL vs. THR in my mind although EoN could through us for a loop and do something completely left field but not "Bond 23."

I hope so. I'd be happy with either The Hildebrand rarity or The Property of a lady.

#8 DouglasJ

DouglasJ

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Given the current trend to move away from numbers in titles (ie. it's not Final Destination 4, it's The Final Destination. It's not The Fast and The Furious 4 its Fast and Furious, it's not Terminator 4 it's Terminator Salvation... etc) I don't think a franchise that has never used numbers is likely to start.

Nor should they.