This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Pinewood expansions possibly insight into Bond's next locations?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

As you all know I don't usually get mixed up in nonesne and sillyness (watch War inc then tell me Hilary duff wouldn't work as a bond girl i dare you) But something has been nawing at me namely pinewoods' expansions.

Now yes I'm well aware Eon is doing other things besides bond films these days and these locations could be for something else. HOWEVER I keep Hearing New york in association with Bond 23. I think these locations may possibly be for bond.

If they are New york and Rome B) I'd be quite happy.

#2 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:27 PM

I briefly considered the possibility, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. New York is a very popular location so it would make sense to create that set first. Whether BOND 23 chooses to take advantage of them is a different matter.

#3 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:32 PM

I think a NY set is something every studio could use although it wasn't mentioned.
Venice and a Lake Como was but they dropped the Lake idea due to wildlife concerns.

So CR and QoS easily could have been filmed there (if the Lake thing was approved) but with Bond, especially the last couple it seems, I think the more on-location filming is what they want.
If NY will be featured in the next one, rest assured it will be filmed right bang in the middle of it.
The scenery is part and parcel of any Bond film. I look upon them as armchair sight-seeing.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

Worthy speculation, but I don't think we can read anything into this re Bond 23. A "New York Street" is a staple of a movie backlot, which is what Pinewood is building. And "New York Street" is just kind of a catch-all name. It's not built to be New York only. It's usually a generic urban templet that can be turned into assortment of American cities -- New York, Chicago, Boston, etc. -- in various time periods.

#5 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

Worthy speculation, but I don't think we can read anything into this re Bond 23. A "New York Street" is a staple of a movie backlot, which is what Pinewood is building. And "New York Street" is just kind of a catch-all name. It's not built to be New York only. It's usually a generic urban templet that can be turned into assortment of American cities -- New York, Chicago, Boston, etc. -- in various time periods.

I suppose your right though it is interesting New york keeps coming back when people tlak about bond 23.