20 replies to this topic

#1 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 08:11 PM

I want to see P.B's 5 in 2005, 6 in 2006 and 7 in 2007, can it happen what do you think about it?

#2 BondChick4ever8

BondChick4ever8

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 08:28 PM

I don't think Pierce will be up to that many more. Probably just 1 more.

#3 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 08:32 PM

I think Pierce might do six, but I dont think they'd ever do one a year. Thats just too little time for the mammoth productions the Bond films are now.

#4 Tedley King

Tedley King

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 08:42 PM

Besides, if they made a movie a year, would they not have to begin post production now ready for production to being in early January? Also they would run out of ideas pretty soon with a movie a year!

#5 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 09:05 PM

I reckon that the producers should just go back to the old regime of one film every 2 years, it would be better that way. BTW, my thoughs on Pierce? 1 more, thats all.

#6 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 09:20 PM

Pierce probably reckons he could do another two, but I personally believe he's only got one more left in him. But I agree, bring back the 2 year gap, at least for Bond 21.

#7 Doctor Martin

Doctor Martin

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 09:22 PM

Pierce is bloody old and looking old as well, so he won't make it until 2005.

#8 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 10:05 PM

I think Pierce could make 2007, that being his 6th and final film. I'd like to see him do 2007 if he's not aging too much. But if he's not suitable for the role I'd be more than happy if the new Bond stepped in, 2007 would be a great year to launch a Bond career.

#9 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 10:14 PM

They could do that schedule if they started to script now and started pre-production soon and had three related stories that might share some major sets. It could be done but the biggest stumbling block would be getting Brozzy to sign on the dotted line. I don't think he'd want to spend that much time on only Bond. Maybe the next guy would be okay with that schedule.

#10 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 02:31 AM

I'm pessimistic: I see Bond 21 coming out at Xmas 2005 at the earliest, and I imagine it will be Brosnan's last appearance as 007.

Obviously, I don't know the actor, and I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but frankly I don't get the impression he wants to do more than one more Bond film, if that.

I could be wrong, and even if I'm not, that could of course change, but I reckon he'll want to quit while he's ahead and before he's seen as past it (hello Roger Moore in A VIEW TO A KILL), and the Bond filmmakers for their part will be looking to revitalize the franchise and interest in it by bringing in someone new as Bond.

#11 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 08:32 AM

if pierce gives out the impression that he doesnt want to continue being bond, its more likely just a ploy to get a bigger paycheck for the next few films. if he plays hard to get, the producers will throw money at him. i want two more films from pierce, then bring in the new guy.

#12 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 02:40 PM

I'm no psychic, but my prediction is that Brosnan will film Bond 21 in late 2004. The producers will want Bond 22 out for 2007 and that film will either be promoted as Brosnan's last or the first Bond film for the new guy.

Personally, I'd like to see Brosnan do six (he's said himself that 6 is a good number) and then for a new Bond to take over for Bond 23 in 2009 or 2010.

#13 00Evan

00Evan

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 October 2002 - 09:25 PM

I agree with 006 that Brosnan will do Bond 21 in 2004 but that it will be his last and final appearance. 2007 will be used as a marketing tool for the next Bond film and a new Bond. Can't you see the slogans: Its 2007 and the year belongs to (insert new actor playing 007 to say) "Bond...James Bond." The the music kicks in and a trailer of sorts. Hopefully that actor will be Hugh Jackman, but whoever it is, i think they will get very good publicity since the year ends in 007.

#14 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 12:27 AM

As far as I know...he has said he will tie Connery's record at six...and that, if they time it right...that sixth and final one can come out in 2007.

That being said, I think since
Spoiler

-- Xenobia

#15 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 01:14 AM

Jeez, I wouldn't even worry about "2007", I'd resume the two years between films ahve have the next three in 2004, 2006, and 2008. Is there really a need to have three years between Bonds ? I question weather or not it improves the product since they don't seem to do much with the extra year, and all it really does is keep Bond out of the public eye for an extra year, and have everyone concerned get a year older.

#16 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 01:21 AM

i agree with freemo. as good as it would be to have a bond film in 2007, i do not want to have another three year break just for the sake of that. three years is way to long to wait for a new bond film.

#17 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 19 October 2002 - 01:25 AM

Yeah, I just don't see the point.

Ofcourse, I was assuming that they'd always release the film in Novemeber. Thinking about it more, they could go the two and a half year break between 21 and 22 and release 22 on 7/7/2007. I guess I could bare that. :)

#18 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 06:40 PM

When does MGM usually announce the year for the next Bond film? In other words when do you think they'll announce Bond 21's release year?

That said, I would like to see a new Bond introduced in 2007 and have Pierce wrap it up after 5 before he starts to look too old for the part a la Moore. Remember also what happened to Connery and Moore in their respective sixth outings as 007- DAF and Octopussy were silly, tacky, convoluted and poorly edited. That's not to say that it wouldn't have been that way with a different actor, but at the same time perhaps the bringing in of a new actor would've bred a new approach to the character and to the script- look at the change in script and character from Moore to Dalton, for example, or from Dalton to Brosnan.

My point is, precedent has shown us that five is a good way to go out gracefully, and I'd rather that Brosnan got out gracefully than risked making another DAF.

Dave

#19 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 07:52 PM

I think 2007 is a great year to have a last P.B film or a new 007. Think of it 2005 2006 and 2007 full of Bond and in 2009 a new Bond, I think it will be great.

#20 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 10:22 PM

Oh, good, that way Matthew Perry can jump in there in 2007. Can't wait.

#21 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 01:27 AM

It was interesting about Roger and A view to a kill, the producers never hassled him say, ok, your old, its ok if you leave, it was purely Roger's decision. And for Pierce, it will be his decision.