139 replies to this topic

#31 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

I can't wait for the lines "You're not even as good looking as me" and "You dress like a Hawaiian hobo"

B)

Oops wrong adaptation.

#32 Dr.Mirakle32

Dr.Mirakle32

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

Hmmm.

Bond Number 6 working with Bond Number 7? I wonder? B)

How could that be - Hugh is the same age as DC. Personally I love Hugh, but Bond - noooo :tdown:

And Roger Moore was older than Connery. Your point?

I really can't comprehend how Hugh wouldn't be a good Bond: He's extremely talented and versatile, already has the natural look and charm, and if he can pull off a hardcore badass like Wolverine, there's no reason he couldn't find a happy median in a darker Bond film.

Also, the prospect of seeing Wolverine and Bond themselves, together, live on stage, makes the massive movie geek in me want to take a box of tissues (that aren't for tears!) That's how overwhelming it would be for me...

#33 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

Hmmm.

Bond Number 6 working with Bond Number 7? I wonder? B)

How could that be - Hugh is the same age as DC. Personally I love Hugh, but Bond - noooo :tdown:

And Roger Moore was older than Connery. Your point?

I really can't comprehend how Hugh wouldn't be a good Bond: He's extremely talented and versatile, already has the natural look and charm, and if he can pull off a hardcore badass like Wolverine, there's no reason he couldn't find a happy median in a darker Bond film.

Also, the prospect of seeing Wolverine and Bond themselves, together, live on stage, makes the massive movie geek in me want to take a box of tissues (that aren't for tears!) That's how overwhelming it would be for me...

My point is that only because something has been done before, it doesn´t necessarely mean a repeat is always good.By the time DC goes, it would make sense to start with a younger actor, who will give the series a couple of films. Hugh isn´t that man and also - saw him in Wolverine - he is cute, but not the greatest actor around IMO. His strength lays in being an entertainer, something that DC cannot do. He has a boyish charme, that suits him well, but Bond has changed and I don´t think, they will go back to that again...

Edited by Germanlady, 29 May 2009 - 07:29 AM.

#34 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:00 AM

I need some help. Does anybody here have some experience with getting tickets for shows like that, which will be sold out faster than we can say New York? Tips would really be appreciated. Also - its not only 1 ticket but maybe around 7 or 8.

Edited by Germanlady, 31 May 2009 - 08:00 AM.

#35 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

edit

#36 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

http://leisureblogs....n-broadway.html

The run has been announced as a "strictly limited" 12-week engagementdoubtless a consequence of the stars' schedules. Given the wattage of these leading men, the show is expected to sell out almost immediately.

The bevy of producers includes Barbara Broccoli (known for her work in movies), and Frank Gero and Raymond L. Gaspard, the two men who previously produced the show, featuring the Chicago actors Randy Steinmeyer and Peter DeFario, at the Royal George Theatre in Chicago.

Tickets go on sale Saturday (at 7 a.m. Chicago time) in a special pre-sale for American Express cardholders. Visit www.telecharge.com or call 212-239-6200 for details.

Which means no filming for him this year on anything...late Dec when he finishes.

Could this mean some filming in early 2010????? B)

Good luck on getting tix. :tdown:

#37 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

The run has been announced as a "strictly limited" 12-week engagementdoubtless a consequence of the stars' schedules. Given the wattage of these leading men, the show is expected to sell out almost immediately.

The bevy of producers includes Barbara Broccoli (known for her work in movies), and Frank Gero and Raymond L. Gaspard, the two men who previously produced the show, featuring the Chicago actors Randy Steinmeyer and Peter DeFario, at the Royal George Theatre in Chicago.

Tickets go on sale Saturday (at 7 a.m. Chicago time) in a special pre-sale for American Express cardholders. Visit www.telecharge.com or call 212-239-6200 for details.

Which means no filming for him this year on anything...late Dec when he finishes.

I'm not trying to spin anything off towards the territories marked 'rumour' but actors can work on any film during the day and still do a stage show in the evening. It happens all the time.

#38 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

I'm not trying to spin anything off towards the territories marked 'rumour' but actors can work on any film during the day and still do a stage show in the evening. It happens all the time.

You're right but I don't think Craig will do anything as physical as Bond then a play at night. But again, filming this early is a moot point isn't it?
I was just saying maybe he has something planned in 2010. When is he supposed to film the next Tin Tin anyway?

#39 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

You're right but I don't think Craig will do anything as physical as Bond then a play at night. But again, filming this early is a moot point isn't it?
I was just saying maybe he has something planned in 2010. When is he supposed to film the next Tin Tin anyway?

I think the first one is in the can.

#40 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

Yes it is but I was talking about the second one. Red Rackham has a bigger part in it and I read somewhere that he may be filming it around Dec.

#41 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

Broadway play with Hugh Jackman set to begin on 29 September

#42 MrMoneypenny

MrMoneypenny

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yes it is but I was talking about the second one. Red Rackham has a bigger part in it and I read somewhere that he may be filming it around Dec.

The next Tintin? He isn't in it! The first Tintin movie, The Secret of the Unicorn, is a combination of the two books (Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure). The second film is being shot very soon and earlier than December, in New Zealand, with Peter Jackson directing it. It's based on two different books, probably The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun, in which Red Rackham is not featured in.

But I know where I'll be this fall! This is worth a trip to the Big Apple!!!

#43 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

The next Tintin? He isn't in it! The first Tintin movie, The Secret of the Unicorn, is a combination of the two books (Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure). The second film is being shot very soon and earlier than December, in New Zealand, with Peter Jackson directing it. It's based on two different books, probably The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun, in which Red Rackham is not featured in.

But I know where I'll be this fall! This is worth a trip to the Big Apple!!!

Yes I have heard he is in the next one. They "expanded" Red Rackhams role.

#44 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:01 PM

http://www.reuters.c...tertainmentNews

#45 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

I will be in NYC in October, so am planning to try and get tickets for this when they go on sale next week.

#46 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

http://www.chicagotr...,4200439.column

You could call it coincidence. Or something in the air. Either way, the Broadway spotlight this fall is going to land as never before on the streetscape of one particular city. In fact, that attention is going to land on one particular neighborhood of one particular city.

Prepare, Uptown, for your double-barreled Broadway moment.

On Sept. 29 at New York's Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre, Keith Huff's two-character Chicago play, "A Steady Rain," will open with the marquee names of Hugh Jackman and Daniel Craig playing the roles of the two typically stressed-out Chicago cops trying to hold their jobs and their lives together. Already, several millions of dollars for advance tickets have been sold.

The play's pivotal scenes -- wherein the cops bungle the handling of a young victim whose horrible fate then haunts them relentlessly -- take place in an empty lot on Broadway. That's the Chicago Broadway, and the lot is a real lot, located just north of Montrose Avenue. "A Steady Rain" ranges all over Chicago, but the core of the play takes place in Uptown, the lakefront neighborhood on Chicago's Far North Side.

Just two days later -- two days! -- Tracy Letts' "Superior Donuts" will open at the Music Box Theatre. The play, which premiered in 2008 at Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre and stars Michael McKean, reprising his role along with the rest of the cast, is a drama involving a fight for control over a faded but venerable snack shop and de facto community center and police hangout in the heart of Uptown. Perhaps to head off legal issues, there is a textual vagueness as to the precise location of the model Uptown doughnut shop.

"But we got real specific in rehearsal," says Letts. Clearly, we're on either Montrose or Lawrence or somewhere very close by.

In other words, the vital moments in both of these plays, the very core of the fall Broadway drama season, take place barely more than a Chicago block apart.

How on earth did this happen? And will New Yorkers, for whom Uptown mostly means a train toward Harlem, understand and embrace plays so pockmarked with Chicago references?

There was certainly coincidence involved. The plays have different producers and had separate tracks to Broadway.

Letts is by far the more prominent of the two writers, having recently won a Pulitzer Prize for his "August: Osage County," which also premiered at the Steppenwolf and is now under the producing wing of Jeffrey Richards who has a long relationship with the Steppenwolf and Goodman Theatres. Huff, whose play premiered in the small studio theater at Chicago Dramatists, is mostly unknown outside Chicago, where he still holds down his day job.

Yet "A Steady Rain" is now by far the higher profile production, thanks to the megawatt stars in its two roles.

Fred Zollo, a lead Broadway producer of "A Steady Rain," says the project grew out of a dinner he had with Craig and the film and stage producer Barbara Broccoli. "I just happened to have the manuscript to the play stuffed in my jacket pocket," Zollo said. "Remember, it is a very short manuscript because it is very dense. So it fit in my pocket. Daniel had said he only wanted to do a new play, and I told him this was an extraordinary piece."

Craig bit down hard.
The stage-and-film director Stephen Daldry became attached to the project (he later withdrew, due to schedule issues). John Crowley was then approached to direct. And a script was sent to Jackman, who has done no Broadway show since "The Boy from Oz," but who quickly agreed to do this one. And thus initial plans to produce the show in London were nixed in favor of a fall opening in New York. According to Zollo, Crowley's production will be very different from the simple initial staging in Chicago.

(I hope they bring it to London)

#47 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:15 PM

http://www.hollywood...cd51ed6fcd6f5ce

When it rains it pours for Keith Huff
Sells film rights to his play 'A Steady Rain'
By Jay A. Fernandez and Matthew Belloni

July 20, 2009, 03:37 PM ET
It's been a solid few months for playwright Keith Huff.

First, A-list Hollywood talent Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman signed on to star in his play, "A Steady Rain," which begins Broadway previews Sept. 10 at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre ahead of a Sept. 27 opening.

Now, Huff has sold the film rights to producer Frederick Zollo and James Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, who are among the play's producers.
Huff will adapt the screenplay. The deal is for mid-six figures against $1 million.

The play's press notes describe "Rain" as "a new American play that tells the story of two Chicago cops who are lifelong friends and their differing accounts of a few harrowing days that changed their lives forever." The conflict stems from their involvement in a domestic dispute in a poor neighborhood.

"Rain" began its stage life in 2006 and had its professional world premiere in 2007 at Chicago Dramatists. The Broadway run, directed by John Crowley, will play a limited 12-week engagement through Dec. 6.

The play marks the Broadway debut for Craig, a Royal National Theatre veteran in London who also has starred in the past two Bond films, "Casino Royale" and "Quantum of Solace," for Broccoli and Wilson.

Huff, repped by Gersh and John Bauman, has written two other plays, "The Detective's Wife" and "Tell Us of the Night," which complete a trilogy that begins with "Rain." Although Craig and Jackman have not been cast in the film version, the producers might be eyeing a potential franchise for two stars with huge international appeal and proven dramatic chops.

Broccoli, Wilson and Zollo teamed to field the 2005 musical production of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."

Huff also has written the plays "Pursued by Happiness," "Gray City" and "The Bird and Mr. Banks."

#48 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

Hopefully we'll get a movie version with those two in it then...so the rest of us can actually see it! B)

#49 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:25 AM

I'm oddly excited for this.

#50 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:41 AM

I wonder how it feels to sell a play to your wife for $1 million???

I guess it's all about business. B)

#51 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:55 AM

Posted Image
007 producers grab film rights for upcoming play starring Daniel Craig

#52 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

Great, now I won't have to go to New York to see this thing (assuming they manage to keep Craig and Jackman in their respective parts).

#53 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

Great, now I won't have to go to New York to see this thing (assuming they manage to keep Craig and Jackman in their respective parts).

http://www.nypost.co...ings_180420.htm
DANIEL Craig -- in town rehearsing "A Steady Rain" -- with his producer Barbara Broccoli, and her husband Fred Zollo, at Primola . . .

#54 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

It seems like they are more interested in Daniel Craig than Bond #6.

#55 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

Mr. wint... I could not agree more. It always worries me when the actor portraying Bond becomes more important and influential than the series or character itself. The producers do seem to be more interested in their relationship with Craig than 007 at this point.

#56 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:09 PM

It seems like they are more interested in Daniel Craig than Bond #6.

Mr. wint... I could not agree more. It always worries me when the actor portraying Bond becomes more important and influential than the series or character itself. The producers do seem to be more interested in their relationship with Craig than 007 at this point.

Interesting observations and more than likely true.
Is not keeping Craig happy (the actor) more likely to keep him as Bond, therefore more films?
It's a win-win. Barbara and Co will of course keep their "golden goose" happy.

#57 delfloria

delfloria

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:50 AM

Though I loved Craig in CR, he is not the answer to a good 007 film as indicated by Quantum. (I liked QofS as a follow up to CR but as a pure Bond film it didn't deliver the goods.

#58 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:30 AM

Posted Image
Broadway play set for 29 September debut at Manhattan's Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre

#59 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:29 AM

Posted Image
Unannounced Chicago research trip for the two stars

#60 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

http://therealdeal.c...ra-hugh-jackman

Posted Image

Daniel Craig and the Park Imperial at 230 West 56th Street

James Bond actor Daniel Craig is moving into a three-bedroom rental apartment at the Park Imperial at 230 West 56th Street, the New York Post reported. He will pay $38,000 for the apartment, which NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon previously rented for $26,000 per month before moving to 15 Central Park West. Other high-profile Park Imperial residents include Sean "P. Diddy" Combs and Deepak Chopra. Craig will be starring in "A Steady Rain" on Broadway with Hugh Jackman.

(the fully equipped residents gym apparently was the "selling" point for Craig, working out for Bond 23?).