12 replies to this topic

#1 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:34 AM

Lately I've been thinking it might be interesting and kind of cool to play a Bond video gaming using the likeness, voice, etc. of one of the two lesser-known Bonds. Something like the FRWL game that replicates the era, but instead of adapting the movies into a game, do what they did for Brosnan and make (more or less) original stories. Personally I think it would be especially great to see some Lazenby games rather than Dalton, despite being a big Dalton fan.

Any thoughts/ideas/opinions?

#2 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

I think it would be wonderful to be able to play as Lazenby's or Dalton's Bond. But it is possibly not going to happen.

#3 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:47 PM

The thought of having a Dalton game actually crossed my mind quite recently. It would have been awesome with a game that set out to fill the void left by his lack of a third movie. However, this will likely never happen. If Roger hasn't got his own game yet (which I'd kill to see. Imagine a The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker game with Moore himself voicing Bond), Dalton and Lazenby likely never will.

#4 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:16 PM

Or they could have an original game and you get to choose which Bond you use. There could be a likeness of all the actors plus the one from the comics and one closest to Fleming's description.

#5 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

Or they could have an original game and you get to choose which Bond you use. There could be a likeness of all the actors plus the one from the comics and one closest to Fleming's description.

That would be absolutely fantastic. I'd buy a new console for such a game (only have a PS2 at the moment).
With the new continuity in the films, I don't expect such a thing, or any game featuring the old Bonds, to happen, though.

I'm sure Roger (or Lazenby!) would be happy to lend their voices to a game. Whether they could get Pierce back after him seemingly falling out with EON (at least he seemed very bitter when it was clear he would not get to return) is another question. Not too sure about Dalton either.. Connery I'm not sure I'd even want back. It was both awful and awesome at the same time to get his old man voice out of his young body in the FRWL game.

Edited by The Ghost Who Walks, 21 May 2009 - 07:36 PM.

#6 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

I think it would be wonderful to be able to play as Lazenby's or Dalton's Bond. But it is possibly not going to happen.

Aye, I don't see it happening, but it's fun to think about. A nice dream that will likely never come true.

That would be...I would probably die from the sheer excitement of it. That would just be positively insane. Question is, who would voice the comic and Fleming Bonds?

#7 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:49 AM

Sean and Pierce don't need to come back. If I remember, Pierce's voice was done by someone else in one of his 007 games, same can be done for any or all of them really. As for the guy who does "Fleming's Bond" how about the guy from the audio books?

#8 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:53 AM

Sean and Pierce don't need to come back. If I remember, Pierce's voice was done by someone else in one of his 007 games, same can be done for any or all of them really. As for the guy who does "Fleming's Bond" how about the guy from the audio books?

Finding a Sean would prove harder than a Pierce. But true, they could always get Maxwell Caulfield or one of the others to return. As for the audio book fellow, I'm afraid I haven't heard them/him. Going to youtube now. Sure I can find something.

#9 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:37 AM

Remember Sean was in The Highlander? Remember the Highlander cartoon series where his character was in there but Sean didn't do the voice? There's a perfectly serviceable guy who does Sean well and proved it for a couple years on the Highlander animated show.

#10 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

Remember Sean was in The Highlander? Remember the Highlander cartoon series where his character was in there but Sean didn't do the voice? There's a perfectly serviceable guy who does Sean well and proved it for a couple years on the Highlander animated show.

Never even knew a Highlander show existed. Might have to check it out.

#11 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:39 PM

Yup there was a cartoon series based on the show. It's not like it's hard to audition guys for whoever is not coming back. People have filled in before and can again.

#12 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

I'm sure there are many impersonators who sound more like Young Sean than Old Sean does.

#13 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

It ain't gonna happen. Trust me and my... nose. It's good with hunches like this one.