5 replies to this topic

#1 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:14 AM

James Bond fans often point out the most minute continuity errors found in Bond films so I thought it might be fun to make a game out of it. This game is where you post the most absurd continuity errors you can find. Don't make any up but point out the errors nobody in their right mind would ever catch and/or ever care about.

I'll start:

In GoldenEye, Alec Trevelyan wears an older model Omega Seamaster that he had when he "died" in 1986 at the Arkhangel Chemical Weapons Facility. In The Living Daylights (1987), James Bond wears a Rolex Submariner, which means Alec Trevelyan would have also been issued a Rolex Submariner by Q in the mid-1980s. Therefore we should have seen Trevelyan wearing a Rolex, not an Omega in GoldenEye.

#2 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:19 AM

Hmm.
I'll give this a shot even though I'm probably gonna do this wrong.

In Live and Let Die, Bond says Quarrel, Jr. is the son of the man with whom Bond shared his brush. Bond didn't use a brush for anything in Dr. No nor did he share one with Quarrel, Sr.

B)

#3 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:26 AM

Hmm.

In Live and Let Die, Bond says Quarrel, Jr. is the son of the man with whom Bond shared his brush. Bond didn't use a brush for anything in Dr. No nor did he share one with Quarrel, Sr.

B)

It's more of an expression that Bond uses to convey that they're very close friends therefore I don't really think it's a continuity error, however, you get points for absurdity.

#4 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:51 AM

Hmm.

B)

It's more of an expression that Bond uses to convey that they're very close friends therefore I don't really think it's a continuity error, however, you get points for absurdity.

Isn't it a literal reference to Bond's hairbrush that contains a morse code transmitter? (In the hotel room before Rosie arrives, he points it out the window and clicks it a few times).

#5 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:27 AM

It's just one of the bloody silly phrases we use in this country, IMO.

#6 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 04:18 PM

In Thunderball, initially the watch is a Geiger counter, but later, the camera is instead, having transferred from being an infra-red imager.

Plus the "three more clicks" malarkey.