Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

My mist would go like this:

1. From Russia with Love (10/10)
2. Quantum of Solace (9/10)
3. NightFire (8/10)
4. Agent Under Fire (7/10)
5. GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (7/10)
6. Everything or Nothing (7/10)

Edited by O.H.M.S.S., 02 May 2009 - 02:54 PM.

#2 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

Nightfire
Everything or Nothing
Agent Under Fire
Quantum of Solace
From Russia with Love
Rogue Agent

#3 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:00 PM

-Everything or Nothing
-Nightfire
-From Russia With Love
-Quantum of Solace
-Agent Under Fire

#4 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

Although a game has to take the top spot in this ranking, none of them are particularly good, with only QOS and EON even approaching mediocrity.

• Quantum of Solace
  • Everything or Nothing
  • Agent Under Fire
  • Nightfire/Rogue Agent/From Russia With Love (three-way tie for last - all three are terrible)

#5 Mr.JamesBond

Mr.JamesBond

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

1. Everything Or Nothing
2. Nightfire
3. Agent Under Fire
4. From Russia With Love
5. Quantum Of Solace
6. The World Is Not Enough
7. Tomorrow Never Dies
8. 007 Racing

#6 MicroGlobeOne

MicroGlobeOne

Lt. Commander

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

1. From Russia With Love
2. Nightfire
3. Everything or Nothing
4. Agent Under Fire
5. Quantum of Solace
6. Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
7. The World Is Not Enough
8. Tomorrow Never Dies
9. 007 Racing

#7 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

1. Quantum of Solace (PS3 / BillBox) (It be short, missing a driving / skydiving sequence or two, but it be very fun to play)
2. Everything or Nothing (Die Another Day 2, with better villain / actor. Would suck as a movie, but works as an OTT video game)
3. From Russia With Love (It's pretty good. It's just another adaptation of the novel. Would've been much better if it would've had an original story like EON)
4. Nightfire (Moonraker 2. Another new adaptation. Mixes and matches elements from the movies. Fairly good story and villain. Good FPS game)
5. Agent Under Fire (Some of it was good. But pretty meh. Weak villains and non existing, non exciting story. Some good on the rail / driving levels.)

6. Goldeneye Rogue Agent (I didn't even bother playing it through. It was THAT bad. Annoying as hell too. If it wasn't for some of the villains or the Bond character at the start, I wouldn't even know it was a Bond game / was supposed to take place in the Bondiverse)

#8 Pierce James Bond

Pierce James Bond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

1: Quantum of Solace
1: Everything or Nothing (Tied for 1st)
2:Nightfire
3: From Russia with Love
3: Agent Under Fire
4: Goldeneye Rouge Agent
5: TWINE
6:TND
7: 007 racing.

Edited by Pierce James Bond, 06 July 2009 - 01:30 AM.

#9 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:33 AM

Been a while since I've played some of them, but:

#10 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

Now I've played the PS1 games too, I'll include them in my list.

1. From Russia with Love (10/10)
2. Quantum of Solace (9/10)
3. 007 Racing (9/10)
4. Agent Under Fire (8/10)
5. Everything or Nothing (8/10)
6. The World Is Not Enough (8/10)
7. NightFire (7/10)
8. GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (7/10)
9. Tomorrow Never Dies (7/10)

Edited by O.H.M.S.S., 07 August 2009 - 09:22 PM.

#11 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

1. GoldenEye 007 (N64)
2. GoldenEye (Wii)
3. 007 Nightfire (PS2)
4. The World is Not Enough (N64)
5. Everything or Nothing (PS2)
6. Tomorrow Never Dies (PS1)
7. Agent Under Fire (PS2)

#12 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

Been a while since I've played some of them, but:

• Everything or Nothing
  • Quantum of Solace
  • NightFire
  • From Russia With Love
  • Agent Under Fire
  • GoldenEye: Rogue Agent

Why put my list when it's already been said? Nailed it Qwerty.

Edited by Chief of SIS, 16 January 2011 - 02:50 AM.

#13 Gothamite

Gothamite

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

I...don't understand why FRWL is getting so much better praise in this thread than EON.

#14 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

Not from what I see.

Now to update my old list to include Blood Stone and Goldeneye Wii. Nightfire is still the best.

Nightfire
Blood Stone
Goldeneye Wii
Everything or Nothing
Agent Under Fire
Quantum of Solace
Goldeneye 007
From Russia with Love
Rogue Agent

Looking at this list, I realize how competently made the Bond games often are, and how broken gameplay elements really never plagued the franchise. What makes these games succeed or fail is how authentic they feel to the Bond universe. The ones toward the bottom of the list aren't terrible games per se, they just don't offer up anything interesting (OK, GE Rogue Agent is a bad game and a Halo clone, but let's try to forget about it).

Night Fire is so successful because it looks, sounds, feels, and handles like a cinematic Bond adventure. Outstanding graphics and level design also push it to the top of the list, and while Brosnan's voice may be absent, his Bond character was channeled flawlessly (and, arguably, better than what was seen in DAD).

Blood Stone, while boasting mediocre cut scenes (which, at least for me, were always what I looked forward to most in the Bond games) handles extremely well, is well scored by Richard Jacques, has a wonderful sense of atmosphere, and mimics the traditions of the Craigverse in spades. The story is staggeringly weak, but the other elements tie together so well that it really doesn't matter. It also has the best ending of all the games, and leaves us champing at the bit to get our hands on the sequel, something I don't think we've ever experienced as fans of the games.

Goldeneye Wii is almost overwhelming in how very well produced it is, clearly being given a large budget and a fair amount of time to polish. If all Bond games got this sort of treatment I'd be a happy camper. I rank it below Blood Stone for this reason, and the fact that the groundwork for the plot and locations were already in place. Blood Stone was created from scratch.

Everything or Nothing is arguably the game where it all comes together story wise. The casting and voicework is flawless, the cutscenes and graphics are at their best, and the Bond atmosphere is at it's peak. However, the level design is repetitive and often boring, with Bond battling through either a villa, driving along a crowded street, or shooting it out in one of a dozen control rooms. In addition, the shooting itself is a little spotty, with the reticule offering a unique attempt to change the way TPS are handled, but ultimately proving more clunky than we would like to admit. All in all, this is the only Bond game where I can say it's the level design that hurts the overall experience (and hurts it a great deal). It is, however, the closest thing we have and possibly ever will get to a cinematic James Bond adventure on our consoles. Blood Stone's scope is wide, but EoN's is enormous. If only the levels reflected this.

Agent Under Fire, as the first next gen Bond adventure, is a pretty mediocre game but it nails the tone of the early Brosnan films and has a wonderful multiplayer component. It also makes good use of the gadgets and is the first game to fully integrate driving into the overall experience and story.

Quantum of Solace was created on the COD4 engine, which sums up Treyarch's approach on this one. This is a Call of Duty clone without the polish, story, and fun factor that those games all feature. A clear cash in, it's infuriating that this game has made more than twice as much as Blood Stone. With that said, the marketing for this game was fantastic. Commercials hailing it as the best game since GE007 no doubt helped a great deal. It makes Blood Stone's failure all the more upsetting.

Goldeneye 007 got it all started, but at this point it's dated and I've always found it boring (and before anyone says that it's dated because it's 10 years old, Ocarina of Time still blows most modern adventure games out of the water, GE is just boring). A great memory, but that's where it should remain.

From Russia with Love was really interesting. I remember seeing the massive cover from Game Informer with Connery's face in front of a red background. The inside was hugely exciting, loaded with the promise of seamless exchanges between on foot and driving sections, Connery providing the voicework, and the ability to zip around on jetpacks. This was going to be good. Imagine now the soul crushing disappointment when the final game arrived and it turned out to be an EoN clone with atrocious writing, bland shooting, a colorless and often blurry environment, and stunningly bad voicework from all involved. The Aston Martin DB5 handled amazingly poorly, the focus aim feature encouraged shooting enemies in the chest rather than the head, and the jetpacks, while cool, were used sparingly. The best missions in this game were the ones Feirstein crafted on his own, such as the factory mission and the finale (that is, until they jumped the shark and showed that Grant somehow survived getting wrecked by that train). I could go on about how bad the music was, how the framerate chugged, and how the source material was butchered beyond words, but I think it will suffice to say that this game was in pieces altogether. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should. They should never have gotten Connery back. What an enormous disappointment. Some nice takedowns, though.

Yeah we're not talking about Rogue Agent. Can you believe Ken Adam was involved? Christ.

There's a lot of fun to be had with these games, it just feels as though they constantly have come up short one way or another. I guess we can chalk that up to the difficulty and restrictions of creating a licensed game, but really as many have pointed, Bond should be perfect for the gaming world. Let's hope the next one maintains the quality of the last two, while also improving on them.

#15 Harry Fawkes

Harry Fawkes

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2229 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

1. Agent Under Fire (10/10)
2. Everything or Nothing (9/10)
3. NightFire (9/10)
4. From Russia with Love (10/10)
5. Quantum of Solace (9/10)
6. GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (7/10)

#16 darthbond

darthbond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

Just to put my two cents worth in:
1)Everything or Nothing - The hands down best game from EA's contribution. Flawless voice acting, wonderful music, and even a story that is interesting to bout.

2)Nightfire - Created solely to cash in on the 40th anniversary of the movies, this is the one "cash-in" that works. Little tidbits from some of the movies, both in story and music, serve to help this game. Though pretty short (I clocked myself in at two hours on Operative), it is a fun two hours. Multiplayer is the best in the series.

3)Agent Under Fire - The first one I bought. The story is predictably James Bond, but its level are fun and interesting. The driving levels are way fun. The ending is a bit abrupt, but oh well.

4)Goldeneye Wii - The only reason this ranks 4th, is cause I haven't beaten it yet. That said, it's still way fun to play through. I bought it mainly cause it has Daniel Craig filling in on one of my favorite movies, but I found that there is so much more to it than that.

5)Quantum of Solace - Title is confusing and it is based on Call of Duty. I thought this was a good template. The shooting scenes were right on the money. I wish driving was incorporated. The voice acting is great and the levels and shootouts are fun to experience, but a short run time and a pretty bland feel about this game bogs it down.

6)From Russia With Love - Like everyone else, I think this is an EON clone. That's not a bad thing, but it did make for some confusion. The music is great and the level design is kind of cool. It can seem a bit long on certain levels, since you have to backtrack a bit. The voice acting is OK, but Sean stands out and for the wrong reason. Knowing that a 70 year-old is providing the voice for a 35 year-old 007 is distracting.

7)Goldeneye: Rogue Agent - The black sheep of the series. Cool concept, bad execution.

darthbond

#17 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

1. Blood Stone (9/10)
2. Quantum Of Solace (8/10)
3. Everything or Nothing (8/10)
4. Nightfire (7/10)