134 replies to this topic

#121 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

It should be clear to us all that Bond is on its last legs.

The material is running out (unless, of course, we want to go back to endless variations on films like TOMORROW NEVER DIES - which we don't), the Fleming titles are running out, and, darn it all, the whole damn thing is coming to an end. Broccoli, Craig, Wilson - everybody's getting on. There will only be a handful more Bond films. Whether the next one comes in 2010, 2012 or 2015 is really, in the scheme of things, of as little account as sparrows' tears.

Oh, no, no, noooo, Mr.Bond.

One thing and one thing only will end Bond - public disinterest. As long as people keep showing up to see them, corporations keep paying big bucks to have their products featured in Bond films, and Bond keeps adapting to current times and trends, 007 is here to stay.

It'll take three, four Bond films in a row to absolutely tank at the box office before anyone declares game over. And even then, they'll probably try a five year wait and a reboot. As for MGW et al getting old, isn't his son Gregg Wilson already working on the Bond films, presumably being groomed to take over at a later date?

Agreed. Why would MGW and BB "discontinue" something that's making them money? People love the Bond Franchise. As long as people will pay to see a 007 movie, then it's assured that there is an audience out there for 007. I don't forsee the Bond franchise ending anytime soon.

#122 Sniperscope

Sniperscope

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

What date-stamped CR?

I have no idea since the only date that was mentioned was 9/11 but I don't think that makes CR more dated than QoS.

Not that I think "date-stamping" is a problem and without actually rechecking the DVD but was there any dates o all the mobile phone screen shots in CR? I think I recall when Bond checks Vesper's phone at the end there could be a specific year...
If anyone else is less lazy than me they might confirm this...

#123 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

What date-stamped CR?

I have no idea since the only date that was mentioned was 9/11 but I don't think that makes CR more dated than QoS.

Not that I think "date-stamping" is a problem and without actually rechecking the DVD but was there any dates o all the mobile phone screen shots in CR? I think I recall when Bond checks Vesper's phone at the end there could be a specific year...
If anyone else is less lazy than me they might confirm this...

I'm pretty sure it was set in July of '06. I'll have to watch it again. But I agree that the films shouldn't be specifically dated. Keep them timeless.

#124 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:56 PM

Of course, there could be a genially natured or somewhat humourous Bond film which did not overtly resemble the films of any previous Bond eras.

Entirely true.

#125 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

Bond 23 will come out late 2010 or early 2011!

End the franchise indeed. Why?

#126 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

Bond 23 will come out late 2010 or early 2011!

End the franchise indeed. Why?

Well said!

#127 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:44 PM

Thank you Mr somerset.

I do hope for some either bond 23 news (For example who is writing the bloody thing) or a nice jucy rumour of either the cool kind (Summer Glau as a bond girl Australia ro New york as a possible location) or the ridculous kind (Bond 23 is Risico or the olsen twins are bomnd girls etc) for some nice conversation.

#128 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:40 AM

Thank you Mr somerset.

I do hope for some either bond 23 news (For example who is writing the bloody thing) or a nice jucy rumour of either the cool kind (Summer Glau as a bond girl Australia ro New york as a possible location) or the ridculous kind (Bond 23 is Risico or the olsen twins are bomnd girls etc) for some nice conversation.

More rumors will probably start coming out in the late summer/early fall, I imagine. Some of them just complete and total blatantly false rumors, and some of them I imagine will come as people like Dame Judi and Daniel Craig do more interviews. Naturally people will be curious as to how Bond 23 is coming along, so I imagine a lot of people would ask any time they got the chance to interview one of them.

#129 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 12:49 AM

Thank you Mr somerset.

More rumors will probably start coming out in the late summer/early fall, I imagine. Some of them just complete and total blatantly false rumors, and some of them I imagine will come as people like Dame Judi and Daniel Craig do more interviews. Naturally people will be curious as to how Bond 23 is coming along, so I imagine a lot of people would ask any time they got the chance to interview one of them.

Sounds about right. I really don't expect anything concrete until late summer at least, but it's always fun to hear the rumors and joke about them. It also bring an ounce of excitement seeing an interview with Craig or Dench etc and hear the next one questioned. I think no matter what people thought of the last Bond film, the next one always stirs up excitement.

#130 staveoffzombies

staveoffzombies

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 02:02 AM

Bond films aren't anywhere near being out of material.

#131 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:59 PM

I just dont understand. Why doesnt EON let the ideas come from the fans. Make a competition every year, and give some money to the winner. Wouldnt it be more satisfying after 22 films ?

#132 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

I wouldn't mind it but I would prefer them just go to fleming.

#133 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

The material is running out (unless, of course, we want to go back to endless variations on films like TOMORROW NEVER DIES - which we don't), the Fleming titles are running out, and, darn it all, the whole damn thing is coming to an end.

Then why won't EON Productions consider getting the rights to make film adaptations of the Gardner titles? Are they so cheap that they would not consider this? No matter how good or bad the novels are, I'm sure that Broccoli and Wilson's writers can do something to make them adaptable for the screen. They can't depend upon Fleming titles forever. The franchise won't last that long.

#134 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:16 PM

The material is running out (unless, of course, we want to go back to endless variations on films like TOMORROW NEVER DIES - which we don't), the Fleming titles are running out, and, darn it all, the whole damn thing is coming to an end.

Then why won't EON Productions consider getting the rights to make film adaptations of the Gardner titles? Are they so cheap that they would not consider this? No matter how good or bad the novels are, I'm sure that Broccoli and Wilson's writers can do something to make them adaptable for the screen. They can't depend upon Fleming titles forever. The franchise won't last that long.

Even if they just take the basic premise and invent from there, it could work. They've done it with Fleming quite a bit.

#135 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:24 PM

personnaly there is so much in fleming.

I'd honestly love if Bond 23 was a combo of

the basic skelton of from russia with love (evil ornization creates trap for bond)

The Hildebrand Rarity (specifically bond being possilby implemented in a murder and the idea of 007 doing a security check on a british base)

From a view to a killl (the theft of nato secrets)

add some actions sequences and possibly give it the title The hildebrand Rarity (using Craig is 007 extremly cool design or something similar) and BAM Bond 23 that i think most if not all will love.

honestly I think they should do that for Craig's films and possibly Cavill's (assuming Henry Cavill as 007 is something we see)