9 replies to this topic

#1 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

Vincent Cassel is, in my opinion a very good choice for the role of the villain in Bond 23. Considering his acting abillities which are, no doubt, many, his scary look and his charm he could easily be a threatening, psychotic, evil wealthy villain.

As it has been mentioned here http://debrief.comma...=VINCENT CASSEL Vincent Cassel could have played Vesper's Algerian friend in QoS, but as Qwerty said the role was too short for him.

Do you think that he could fit in a Bond film and in the role of the main villain?

#2 Sniperscope

Sniperscope

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:40 PM

Vincent Cassel is, in my opinion a very good choice for the role of the villain in Bond 23. Considering his acting abillities which are, no doubt, many, his scary look and his charm he could easily be a threatening, psychotic, evil wealthy villain.

As it has been mentioned here http://debrief.comma...=VINCENT CASSEL Vincent Cassel could have played Vesper's Algerian friend in QoS, but as Qwerty said the role was too short for him.

Do you think that he could fit in a Bond film and in the role of the main villain?

Certainly! Vincent Cassel is without a doubt a superb actor who particularly excels in roles that present a mulit-dimensional character.
In fact he's too good for a traditional Bond villain role!!! Cassel is a wonderfully physical actor who would have to be a literal anti-Bond if he were the baddie...
In the B23 in my head I often imagine Bond being hunted by a superb killer hired by Quantum - the hunter, hunted as it were. Cassel would be perfect in that kind of role.
Of course he could play an extremely fascinating "shades of grey" ally too...

Edited by Sniperscope, 15 April 2009 - 05:42 PM.

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:33 PM

Posted Image

He’s got an interesting look but something about him reminds me too much of Mathieu Amalric for him to be the villain directly after Quantum of Solace. Probably just me though.

#4 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:21 PM

No thanks. He's already done villain roles in Derailed, Eastern promises, Birthday girl, and that's just the English language stuff. He seems to have replaced Jean Reno as Hollywood's go to guy for every "crazy foreigner" part that turns up.

#5 RedKelly

RedKelly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:03 AM

Phew, dont ask why but for a second I had him confused with Matthew Lillard from the terrible movie Hackers.

#6 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:58 PM

Posted Image

He’s got an interesting look but something about him reminds me too much of Mathieu Amalric for him to be the villain directly after Quantum of Solace. Probably just me though.

I thought the same in the beggining, but Amarlic is shorter, not fit and he doesn't inspire you in general as a villain. You're right though, the resemblance is quite obvious!

#7 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

After Eva Green and Mathieu Almaric he may be a bit too much "French" and I think any potential imminent Bond villain could be actually cast very much against type.

#8 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:27 PM

I say no, because in the last 3 films we had such actors as Vincent Cassel. Bond-copies. We need a women or an old guy.

#9 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

I see Cassel more as a strong henchman or assassin, rather than as an 'evil mastermind' type.

#10 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 11:45 AM

I see Cassel more as a strong henchman or assassin, rather than as an 'evil mastermind' type.

I agree with you that he could play the role of a henchman, but I don't think that he will accept a 2nd role in a film. That's why I proposed him as the main villain! B)