13 replies to this topic

#1 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

Anyone else intrigued by the notion that Guy Hanes could be a potential villain for the next movie? I feel that while nothing was done in QoS to find Mr. Hanes and see who he truly worked for and what their plans were left me a bit unfulfilled.

Hopefully, the next one could rectify that or else I could write up something to tie into it...

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

You certainly get the impression he will if...
/style_images/_cbn/folder_spoiler/spoileraccess.gif
...you’ve finished Quantum of Solace: the Game.[/spoiler]

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

I think it's more doubtful now. 95% of the audience won't remember Guy Haines from QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

#4 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

If they had used the original ending then the probability would be higher. I definitely think (and hope) we'll see more of White, though. B)

#5 Craig is 007

Craig is 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

I hope Guy Haines, Mr. White and Yusef Kabira returns for Bond 23. The film could open with the unused ending from Quantum Of Solace.

#6 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

Hanes is the underwear brand, by the way.

#7 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:14 AM

Guy haines has many fingers in many pies...

We could very well see him in Bond 23 it could all be set in London...

#8 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

They could bring him back & work something into the story so people who saw Quantum of Solace will remember him. Being that the producers seem to be more into continuity in the stories now, it would make sense. Now, whether they actually do it or not, is a whole other question.

#9 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

And "Guy Haines" is also the name of one of the major characters in STRANGERS ON A TRAIN.

#10 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

Guy Haines, Mr White, and the Algerian boyfriend.
I think they could/should return with bigger parts in the future. Haines could be the brains behind Quantum, and Mr White his righthand man.
Maybe the Algerian bf is out of the picture because of his links with Vesper, since they don't want the next movie to be a part 3 sequel.

#11 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:03 PM

the probelm with Haines, if you can call it a probelm, was he had a setup in QOS.
The idea was the payoff would be Bond confronting him. Mathis tells us how important Haines is, while M is shokced to know somne so important is up to no good.
By cutting the last scene, the Haine character has a different effect. Now he is much more a character who seems to show us how far reaching this organization really is.
They can bring Haines back and it could work, but how they would place him in a film I don;t know. The Vesper issue is dealt with, so we can't get a triology, so...........it's a hard one.

#12 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:48 PM

The 'Vesper Issue' may have been resolved, but Quantum still exists. The fact that White put two bullets in Greene's skull in the middle of a desert is testament to that. After all, Yusuf was just a very low-level operative. So it's really quite the contrary to what you say: Haines could easily be worked into a future film. I seriously doubt we've seen the end of Quantum, because while Bond might have had closure on the subject of her death, part of his character is that he isn't going to rest so long as the Next Great Evil exists in this world, and Quantum certainly fulfil that description.

#13 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:34 PM

And "Guy Haines" is also the name of one of the major characters in STRANGERS ON A TRAIN.

Yes, I wondered if that was meant to be some sort of terribly clever reference - in which case I don't get it. But then I'm a bit thick.

#14 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:40 PM

Yes, I wondered if that was meant to be some sort of terribly clever reference - in which case I don't get it. But then I'm a bit thick.

Actually, I suspect it might be a code-name within Quantum or a name he has adopted for himself. Haines is obviously very powerful and influential and prefers to be the person behind the ones in control, if you get my meaning.