#1 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:31 AM

Well fellow spies....

The post and thread I didn't want to type.

With a heavy heart, anger, frustration and regret...

DTBB will NOT be happening this year.

*waits for shock and awe and tears*

*quits crying*

*sniffs*

A number of factors have sadly contributed to this.

First - I take sole responsibility for this tragic turn of events. I wasn't as on the ball as I should have been at the start of the year. It certainly can not and should not fall upon the shoulders of all of the crew that make up "Axworthy's 13" for things ending up as they have. Felix and the incredible Dr. Warmflash were ready to rumble down this path once again.

Second - Finances. As we are well aware, this last year has not been kind to any of us. The start up $$$ involved just aren't available to me to get the crew in place as they should be. Essentially a matter of "could do it, but shouldn't" cast the final vote. I'd battle Blofeld to the death bare-handed or torch Sanchez in an instant, but, paying the bills and covering myself "always have an escape plan" took over the reality of what this last year has done.

Third - For a variety of reasons, a large percentage of the crew has more pressing matters to attend to now and the rest of the summer leaving "the 13" lacking in numbers and support.

It saddens me greatly to have to drop this on all the past and potential attendees, but it's just not in the cards this time.

Unless a mysterious Miss Lynd appears to grant me the funds to buy back in, the baddies own 2009 (you can propbably find most of them on Wall Street).

However,

"We're not dead yet." - Roger in FYEO

DTBB4 will return in 2010.

Apologies to all and wishes for your return next year.

Don't worry about 003.

"I never left."

No...Really.

#2 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:57 AM

sniff B)

Oh well, I don't think I could afford it right now anyhow. Hopefully the economy will pick up and we can dare to be bond again in 2010

#3 North Scorpion

North Scorpion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:30 AM

I had the time of my life last summer and I look forward to doing it again when all us Bond fans can gather together at [undisclosed location] and have a blast.

[Raises glass]

Cheers to DTBB and cheers to Charlie for making dreams come true.

Here's to tomorrow never dying.

#4 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

2010 will be a good year for another DTBB...Bond and Bourne will be back...sharing the same release year for the first time since 2002...but this is the Craig era...I haven't done a DTBB yet but I look forward to one next year... *comon, economy*

#5 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

A bummer but understandable.

* raises drink *

Here's to Operation Grandslam... err, I mean, DTBB4 2010. B)

#6 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:22 PM

That's a real shame, thanks for all the efforts from you and the team, 003. The last two summers have been a blast - and I'm sure 2010 will be as well.

Not my favorite reason the have a drink, but any reason is good enough...

To Charlie!

*rasies a drink*

Operation Grandslam, Professor? According to my rusty calculations, 2010 will be the anniversary of Operation Thunderball. That could lead to some serious fun in the sun!

#7 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Perfectly understandable. I've been questioning whether I could swing it financially this year as well. Nothing wrong with taking a year off. DTBB will be BACK in 2010.

#8 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

As I reflect in a double bourbon in a Calgary airport this news comes as a shock.

DTBB will return and you can bet to see me there in 2010.

#9 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

I'm sorry my friend; but I well understand.

#10 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:35 AM

I haven't been able to attend any of the previous 3 but here's hoping that I will have the wherewithal for DTBB 4.

#11 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:13 AM

I haven't been able to attend any of the previous 3 but here's hoping that I will have the wherewithal for DTBB 4.

I certainly hope you can make it one of these day.

#12 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:08 AM

It appears that 2010 will be a very interesting year.

I am hopeful that 2010 will prove viable for DTBB, though I think, in fairness, the world-wide economy might dictate a deferral again, as heart-breaking as that might seem. Better, I think, the dictate the rhythm of battle to the enemy than to allow the enemy to dictate the rhythm to you (I believe there is something to that effect in the Go Rin no Sho by Miyamoto Musashi; but it's late and I don't feel like getting the exact quote).

I do have a very expensive mission I am preparing for, scheduled for early May of 2010 but I haven't figured out how to manage to look calm and cool in south-east Asia in that time frame whilst in a dinner suit (any advice?).

I am hopeful that both missions will be available in 2010; but I understand if a further delay is needed. DTBB is absolutely something worth waiting for!!!

#13 North Scorpion

North Scorpion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:37 AM

Agreed, darkpath. Let's hope we're not reduced to dead-drops in parks again like back in the day to bring us together. Regardless, wherever Bond fans find one another in close proximity, here's hoping all of us can raise a glass and talk trade-craft. Cheers.

#14 Arbogast777

Arbogast777

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:46 AM

I for one hope that 2010 works as I'm very much looking forward to my first DTBB event but if not I stand ready, my tux pressed and weapons locked and loaded... B)

#15 Binyamin

Binyamin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 01:37 PM

003 and others:

Count me in for 2010. Keep the intel coming, I think there are a a significant few who would like to be there.

#16 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

As I've stated: "I never left."

It's nice to reflect on this thread and see all the positive comments.

"Axworthy's 13" are still on board, but it's been a Hell of a year. In the last weeks, I've spoken with the Doc, Nurse Schlott, Flicka, Dr. Carolyn and Kaufman, the lovely 009 and that wanker 004 (as usual), Miss Bellucci and had fun at the last HCS with Zencat, Athena, Delmo and Greg not to mention all you other fine agents via Facebook.

justanother 00 & Dr. Warmflash have had their hands full with their newest little guy and Felix and his family recently moved. You know, that thing called "life" - and we all know how difficult it is to maintain our "cover" identities....Especially when you're trying to dispose of a body.

The stunning Malice West is currently on assignment, but still has an interest in being involved along with a Kytten and a Dog from the bay area who want to lend their support.

The hotel has long since been decided upon and the dates are also, roughly, set in theory. Nothing's locked though. The website needs to be updated and then the math and making sure the rates are right.

Also, 004 and I are scheming a reunion with Joyce for yet another adventure. Actually, I'm scheming...004 is just saying "sounds good" and drinking scotch.

Bastard.

Anyway, thanks again for all the interest and there are martinis, girls, guns and another "Dare" that lay ahead.

Maybe I should have titled this thread "Dare Another Day".

We'll keep you posted.

No...Really.

B)

Attached Files

#17 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 07:42 PM

I'm hoping that 2010 will bring us a new DTBB, though I understand if we're all going to have stay out in the Cold....

#18 North Scorpion

North Scorpion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 04:03 AM

Let's hope during the 'hiatus' that Bond events continue! I, for one, would love one. Cheers to Charlie & his '13' in the past and let's hope that a Dare To Be Bond event can take place soon!

#19 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:47 PM

"We're not dead yet". B)

Hey, I said "Yet".

Thanks for the faith NS. :tdown: