#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:27 AM

Pierce Brosnan joins 'Percy Jackson' cast

Pierce Brosnan, Uma Thurman, Sean Bean, Kevin McKidd and Melina Kanakaredes are heading to Mount Olympus.

The quintet has been cast in Fox 2000's fantasy-adventure adaptation "Percy Jackson" as classical Greek gods Chiron (Brosnan), Medusa (Thurman), Zeus (Bean), Poseidon (McKidd) and Athena (Kanakaredes). Aries, Hades and Persephone have not yet been cast.

The film, being directed by Chris Columbus, is shooting in Vancouver for a February release.

Columbus and Craig Titley have adapted the screenplay from Rick Riordan's best-selling children's novel "The Lightning Thief." The Greek mythology-inflected book involves Poseidon's half-human son, Percy, who's on a quest across modern America to prevent a war among the gods.

Logan Lerman, Alexandra Daddario and Brandon T. Jackson have already been cast as the book's lead teenagers.

The all-star casting is reminiscent of the 1981 fantasy film "Clash of the Titans," which showcased Laurence Olivier as Zeus, Ursula Andress as Aphrodite, Claire Bloom as Hera and Jack Gwillim as Poseidon.

"Lightning Thief" is the first of five novels about Percy Jackson and the Olympians -- the fifth, "The Last Olympian," is due in stores in May. The studio hopes to spin the books into a franchise in the "Harry Potter" mold.

Columbus, Michael Barnathan and Karen Rosenfelt are producing the film. Mark Radcliffe and Greg Mooradian, Guy Oseary and Mark Morgan are executive producing. Carla Hacken is overseeing for Fox 2000.

CAA reps Brosnan, Thurman and Bean. WMA reps McKidd. Gersh reps Kanakaredes.

http://commanderbond...n...&item=53839 - The Hollywood Reporter

#2 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:32 AM

Cool! Bond and Alec back in action B) lol

#3 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

I haven't read the book, but wish Brozza had got The Topkapi Affair in gear instead. He needs a new manager. Quickly.

#4 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

I dunno... The plot ("Poseidon's half-human son, Percy, who's on a quest across modern America to prevent a war among the gods") seems to me utterly weird but the casting is impressive, and I suppose those books have been best-sellers. Mayeb he has a better chance of success with that than with the Topkapi Affair (even though, personally, I too would be more interested in the latter).

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Awwwww. Poor Pierce isn't in the Percy Jackson sequel. he's been recast with Antony Stewart Head.

"THE SAME PERSON WHO FIRED ME THEN HAS JUST FIRED ME AGAIN, SO IM GOING AFTER HIM!!"