Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
James Bond star briefly comments on his third 007 film

Dan seems to hint that Bond 23 will indeed be out in 2010.

Awesome!
http://img.metro.co......co.uk/e-metro
Page 7.

#2 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

Never mind found it. I think he kind of just said it absentmindedly.

"Dame Judy Dench is not quitting her James Bond role-if Daniel Craig has anything to do with it, anyway. 'She's great, I'm sure she will be back when we get rolling again next year.'"

#3 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

no i believe bond 23 will be filming in 2010 no wether it's spring 2010 or fall 2010 is another whole story.

this i feel belongs on the front page and I belive will get a final date for bond 23 soon (I'm putting the due date between November 2010 and may 2011 i don't think it's coming after that and bond 24 i'd say 2012 in november makes the most sense)

so this is good news and may mean the end of Captain tightpants bickering lol

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

no i believe bond 23 will be filming in 2010 no wether it's spring 2010 or fall 2010 is another whole story.

this i feel belongs on the front page and I belive will get a final date for bond 23 soon (I'm putting the due date between November 2010 and may 2011 i don't think it's coming after that and bond 24 i'd say 2012 in november makes the most sense)

For the sake of argument, if BOND 23 started filming in late 2010 (i.e. next year), we would be unlikely to get the movie in theatres until October-November 2011.

#5 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

For the sake of argument, if BOND 23 started filming in late 2010 (i.e. next year), we would be unlikely to get the movie in theatres until October-November 2011.

i suppose ur right but i feel we are getting closer to an announcment. May 2011 wouild be a nice change of pace.

#6 Vanya86

Vanya86

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

i suppose ur right but i feel we are getting closer to an announcment. May 2011 wouild be a nice change of pace.

I doubt they'd want to put Bond against the summer blockbusters, I'd say March 2011 is more likely.

#7 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

Please, let Dench go.

#8 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

Use this year to write the screenplay and casting and then start filming in January of 2010 for an Autumn release.

#9 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Use this year to write the screenplay and casting and then start filming in January of 2010 for an Autumn release.

Why?

#10 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

I'd rather get a great movie every three years than a slightly rushed film like QoS every second. If one of the films in the series ever needed more work on the script level, it was sadly that one (it's for the most part a good movie, but it is completely overshadowed by its vastly superior predecessor, IMO, and would likely have benefitted from a more well-prepared script).

#11 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

Bloody fantastic news! B)

#12 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

More script devlopment time October 2005- may 2008 how much more time is needed B)

persoannly i feel QOS was great and i'm looking foward to bond 23.

and how has this not made to the front page of CBN this is an actualy bit of nesws unlike the jolie rumour

#13 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

Why?

Because writing and redrafting a feature script takes a GREAT DEAL of time...believe me.

#14 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

i mis read what he said and i agree now I want an autumn 2010 release.

#15 FLEMINGFAN

FLEMINGFAN

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

Dan seems to hint that Bond 23 will indeed be out in 2010.

Awesome!
http://img.metro.co......co.uk/e-metro
Page 7.

I do hope they keep on track and do the 'every two year' routine.

If they miss the next one by a year and release it in 2011, then the one after that will be in 2013 or 2014.

The major impact of that long schedule is that they will miss a Bond film in the all-important year 2012 - the 50th anniversary of the entire film series.

It was sad that they wasted the year 2007, but I hope they will not miss this oppurtunity.

Happpily, they are still on track with the celebrations for Cubby's 100th this year.

#16 Colossus

Colossus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Please, let Dench go.

For the love of all that is sane yes.

#17 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

Please, let Dench go.

I don't mind her, but she had too much screentime in QoS (her scenes mostly felt more redunant in this film than in CR). I don't see the need for her having as big a part in Bond 23.

#18 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:50 PM

I doubt they'd want to put Bond against the summer blockbusters, I'd say March 2011 is more likely.

March? Sounds unlikely, that's a bit off-season for blockbusters. Though I'm sure a Bond film would perform well whenever it was released, it would not get much weekday business if its released outside of the summer or end of year season.
While I'm used to the November release dates and the overall "Bond at Thanksgiving/Xmas" vibe, I don't think EON should be afraid of the summer anymore. Its been 20 years since LTK, I think everybody's over it now! When you can open a film to $67 million in November, it means you can play with the big boys, and summer has the advantage of bigger weekday attendance.

#19 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

March? Sounds unlikely, that's a bit off-season for blockbusters. Though I'm sure a Bond film would perform well whenever it was released, it would not get much weekday business if its released outside of the summer or end of year season.
While I'm used to the November release dates and the overall "Bond at Thanksgiving/Xmas" vibe, I don't think EON should be afraid of the summer anymore. Its been 20 years since LTK, I think everybody's over it now! When you can open a film to $67 million in November, it means you can play with the big boys, and summer has the advantage of bigger weekday attendance.

and a may 2011 release doesn't mean a november 2012 release date for bond 24 is out of the question

the more i think about it the more i'm actually excited about a may 2011 release if we can have fall 2010 i'll be fine with a may 2011 release.

#20 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:47 PM

Please, let Dench go.

Why?

Because I think she is annoying and totally miscast as M.

#21 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

Please, let Dench go.

Why?

I completely disagree. I love her. Especially in the Craig films. She's a brillaint actress. The M for the modern age. B)

#22 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

Please, let Dench go.

Why?

I completely disagree. I love her. Especially in the Craig films. She's a brillaint actress. The M for the modern age. B)

Agreed. Dench is a perfect M!!! I hope that she stays around for a little while longer...

#23 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

Please, let Dench go.

I don't mind her, but she had too much screentime in QoS (her scenes mostly felt more redunant in this film than in CR). I don't see the need for her having as big a part in Bond 23.

I have to agree. Not that I want Dench let go, she's a fine M, but let's pull her part way back. Like the old days, M is there to send Bond on his way and she maybe shows back up at the end...maybe. Dench has practically become a co-star, and the whole disapproving of Bond thing has really been done to death.

#24 Vanya86

Vanya86

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:04 PM

March? Sounds unlikely, that's a bit off-season for blockbusters.

Though I'm sure a Bond film would perform well whenever it was released, it would not get much weekday business if its released outside of the summer or end of year season.

That was sort of my point. November is also an off season for big films as well, which is why it was a good time for Bond. If for whatever reason they can't get this one out for November then March is the next logical time. It's better to release it at an uncrowded time of the year, November is after all the blockbusters have finished and by March all the award winners will be winding down.
Summer has the added disadvantage of more competition, its easy for a film to get lost amongst all the other big franchises out there.

#25 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:47 PM

I have to agree. Not that I want Dench let go, she's a fine M, but let's pull her part way back. Like the old days, M is there to send Bond on his way and she maybe shows back up at the end...maybe. Dench has practically become a co-star, and the whole disapproving of Bond thing has really been done to death.

Exactly.

#26 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:12 AM

It seems like Dench main purpose is to give the audience lengthy background information which is supposed to give all the action we just saw (or will see) some meaning. For instance; Elektra's kidnapping, Greene's death, the whole Vesper affair, Zao's terrorist attack etc. etc. I have always felt that this is a lazy kind of filmmaking. "Show, don't tell".

And M's constant mistrust in Bond has been used four films in a row. Dench plays it exactly the same in each new film. The outcome is always the same. I suppose Broccoli/Wilson thinks it is interesting to have a little journey going on between Bond and the female M. Ok. Fine. But why not try the same thing with Bond and the Main Villain for a change? Isn't that far more interesting from a dramatic point of view? I mean... they are trying to kill each other after all...

I assume that Bond 23 will be Craig's last film so it would be nice to have an older male M back again.

#27 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

It seems like Dench main purpose is to give the audience lengthy background information which is supposed to give all the action we just saw (or will see) some meaning. For instance; Elektra's kidnapping, Greene's death, the whole Vesper affair, Zao's terrorist attack etc. etc. I have always felt that this is a lazy kind of filmmaking. "Show, don't tell".

And M's constant mistrust in Bond has been used four films in a row. Dench plays it exactly the same in each new film. The outcome is always the same. I suppose Broccoli/Wilson thinks it is interesting to have a little journey going on between Bond and the female M. Ok. Fine. But why not try the same thing with Bond and the Main Villain for a change? Isn't that far more interesting from a dramatic point of view? I mean... they are trying to kill each other after all...

I assume that Bond 23 will be Craig's last film so it would be nice to have an older male M back again.

bond 23will not be craigas last bond film where did u hear this or why did u think it?

#28 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

Um, yeah. I think that he's under contract for four...

#29 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
James Bond star briefly comments on his third 007 film

#30 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:42 AM

Not sure what to think of this news, but I know I love the new CBn Bond 23 graphics. Let's do it!