how many girls?

10 replies to this topic

#1 spankymoore7

spankymoore7

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 08:33 PM

how many girls should appear in the next film? what is a good number and what kind of female characters should Bond 21 have? thanks

#2 BondChick4ever8

BondChick4ever8

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 08:56 PM

I think 2 solid bond girls in a bond film are ideal.
DAD- Berry & Pike
TWINE- Elektra & Christmas
GE- Natalya & Xeniya

I'm not sure who should play them yet!

#3 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 09:00 PM

I think the two girl rule is good. It's worked well, and for the next film I'd like to see two straight-forward Bond girls, like Xenia and Natalya in GE. I think that some good candidates for actresses would be Kelly Hu or Catherine Zeta Jones (even though she turned down the role, I think she could be lured into it).

#4 BondChick4ever8

BondChick4ever8

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, Catherine Zeta Jones would be good! I think Jeniffer Lopez would be good too.

#5 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 10:09 PM

I think there should be two main girls in Bond 21. And of course, Bond needs a staple diet of at least one other Bond girl, who is less consequental (for instance, the Danish teacher from Tomorrow Never Dies).

#6 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 11:52 PM

The old boy deserves at least four, having made it to 21. The following ladies feature in a fan fic I'm thinking of writing:

REIKO GOLDMAN (CIA agent, Japanese-American, working in London)

CLAUDIA CORNELIUS (daughter of the main villain, early 20s, whom Bond seduces to learn more about her father)

LUCRETIA CASINI (Rome-based assassin for the mob - think Xenia Onatopp meets supermodel, instantly recognisable as the "bad Bond girl", and very, very bad indeed; Bond kills her shortly after he "has" her)

JASMINE FOX (British secret service martial arts instructor; has a particularly memorable session on the judo mats with Bond)

Casting ideas:

NANAKO MATSUSHIMA for Reiko. Unbelievably gorgeous Japanese actress in her late 20s (anyone seen THE RING?). Actually wants to be a Bond girl, or so my Japanese friends tell me. Don't know if she's got any English, but if not then she wouldn't exactly be the first Bond girl to be dubbed.

HOLLY VALANCE as Claudia.

MONICA BELLUCI/PENELOPE CRUZ/SALMA HAYEK/JENNIFER LOPEZ/TALISA SOTO/CATHERINE ZETA JONES for Lucretia.

ANNA FRIEL as Jasmine.

#7 BondChick007

BondChick007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 01:53 AM

I agree with the 2 bond girls in the next. Catherine Zeta Jones would be a good but i don't think JLo would be.

#8 HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 02:26 AM

I agree the 2 girl rule has worked. Maybe we could get back to the regular girls that get caught up in Bond's world by accendent.

#9 Double-0 Six

Double-0 Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 10:36 AM

Two Bond girls is fine, but I'd like Bond 21 to feature two good Bond girls (the villainous Bond girl routine is getting a bit repetative).

Who could play them? Somebody suggested Kelly Hu, and I would second that idea. I'd like to see a relative unknown in the other role, such as Rachel Shelley (http://uk.imdb.com/N...Shelley, Rachel) who is both talented and attractive.

I'd also welcome the return of Michelle Yeoh.

#10 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 11:16 AM

Two good Bond girls?

It's only now, thanks to Double-O Six's post, that I realise how long it's been since that used to be the norm in a Bond movie.

#11 iceberg

iceberg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 10:54 AM

I think there should be two main bond girls (not necessarily good and bad), and then a couple of "bit players" for Bond to snack on.

There seems to be five types of Bond Girl

1. The innocent bystander living her life/doing her job then being suddenly swept into a world of intrigue:
E.G. Natalya Simonova (Goldeneye), Kara Millovy (Living Daylights)
Christmas Jones (TWINE), Stacey Sutton (AVTAK)

2. The Unabashed Villainess
E.G. Fatima Blush (Never Say Never Again), Xenia Onatopp (GE)
May Day (Grace Jones)

3. The calculating, morally ambiguous girl who is in the villain's camp, but ends up helping Bond:
E.G. Lupe Lamora (LTK), Octopussy, Paris Carver (TND)

4. The "Female Bond"--a secret agent/mercenary who matches him skill for skill, or at least, tries to.
E.G. Wai Lin (TND), Pam Bouvier (LTK), Jinx Jordan (DAD), Miranda Frost (DAD), Anya Amasova (TSWLM)

And the rarest of types:

5. "The Bond Woman" --a complex femme who wins Bond's heart only to break it by either dying or betraying him:
E.G. Tracy DiVicenzo (OHMSS) and Elektra Vavra King (TWINE)

Anyway... ideas for Bond girls for the next Bond film:

Connie Nielsen (Gladiator, One Hour Photo) and Natasha Henstridge (who in my opinion, should've played Christmas Jones in TWINE). I think Elizabeth Hurley would also make a good Bond girl, but only an "Unabashed Villainess" one. I read somewhere that she was in the running for the role of Elektra King, but I don't think that would've worked. The audience needed to be taken in by Elektra's "innocence" the way Bond was, and then surprised by her true colors later, but still somehow feel drawn to her, and almost sympathizing with her, even after we know how vicious she can be. Sophie Marceau was perfect. I don't think Elizabeth Hurley could've projected the same complexity that Mademoiselle Marceau did. The minute you see Ms. Hurley, you know she's up to no good. So the part of an "Unabashed Villainess" would be perfect for her.