86 replies to this topic

#1 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:34 PM

I was just thinking of a game to play: It's simple enough. A clue is given about an actor/actress that has ever been in a Bond film. The question should revolve around the films that they had before/after their appearance with 007.

So, for example:
She had a real "Ball," before meeting Bond.

Answer: Halle Berry (Her Oscar from "Monster's Ball.")
Sounds simple enought, right? So, as Eliot Carver says, "Let the mayhem begin."

Question:
After he introduced a Bond, he worked with another Bond villain, in this movie based on a classic novel.

#2 trs007

trs007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2757 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Looks fun: I'll take a stab--depends on your definition of classic novel:

Is it: Michael Lonsdale, who, as Drax-introduced Bond to the airlock, only to work with Vladek Shybal (Kronsteen) in Smiley's People (john la carre)?????

#3 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

Question:
After he introduced a Bond, he worked with another Bond villain, in this movie based on a classic novel.

Your wordage suggests that the person we are looking for played a Bond villian, correct? or are we reading too much into this.

I'm going to guess Sean Bean. He introduced us to a new Bond in GE and later was in Lod of the Rings with Christopher Lee (and John Rhys Davies)

#4 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

Looks fun: I'll take a stab--depends on your definition of classic novel:

Is it: Michael Lonsdale, who, as Drax-introduced Bond to the airlock, only to work with Vladek Shybal (Kronsteen) in Smiley's People (john la carre)?????

Gee, thanks for that trs!!! Unfortunately, that's not the answer I had in mind.

Question:

Your wordage suggests that the person we are looking for played a Bond villian, correct? or are we reading too much into this.

I'm going to guess Sean Bean. He introduced us to a new Bond in GE and later was in Lod of the Rings with Christopher Lee (and John Rhys Davies)

I'm going to give you that one, jaguar. Yes, the answer is Sean Bean, but I was thinking of his role in Anna Karenina. He co-starred with...(drumroll please) Sophie Marceau!!!
So, jaguar007, continue, if you please...B)

#5 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

thanks

Prior to battling Bond, he previously battled the same Bond actor twice(before he was Bond; tussled with a different Bond actor once before he was Bond. After he battled Bond he appeared with a future Bond three times and a post Bond once(but was also in a large ensemble piece with this Bond prior to Bond).

What actor?
What films/TV shows did he appear with the 4 Bond actors?

Clear?

#6 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

Prior to battling Bond, he previously battled the same Bond actor twice(before he was Bond; tussled with a different Bond actor once before he was Bond. After he battled Bond he appeared with a future Bond three times and a post Bond once(but was also in a large ensemble piece with this Bond prior to Bond).

Any way you can clarify a little more??? Please? B)

#7 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

Ok. This actor has appeared with 4 different James Bonds.

He was in 1 Bond film. Prior to that Bond film he appeared with the actor (who played Bond in the film he was in) twice. This was before XX was Bond.

Prior to being in a BOnd film he appeared in a movie with a future Bond.

After he was in a Bond film, he appeared with a future Bond three times.

There is one Bond actor he appeared in an ensemble cast with before he was in a Bond movie (and before the Bond actor was Bond) and again with this Bond actor after he was in a Bond movie.

Does that make more sence?

#8 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:33 PM

Ok. This actor has appeared with 4 different James Bonds.

He was in 1 Bond film. Prior to that Bond film he appeared with the actor (who played Bond in the film he was in) twice. This was before XX was Bond.

Prior to being in a BOnd film he appeared in a movie with a future Bond.

After he was in a Bond film, he appeared with a future Bond three times.

There is one Bond actor he appeared in an ensemble cast with before he was in a Bond movie (and before the Bond actor was Bond) and again with this Bond actor after he was in a Bond movie.

Does that make more sence?

Kind of...

#9 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:10 AM

Kind of...

I'll try this again. This actor as appeared alongside 4 different Bonds (but only in 1 Bond movie).

This actor appeared in a Bond movie with X as James Bond. Prior to making this film, he appeared with X twice before.

He also appeared in a movie with XX, several years before he was in a BOnd movie and xx appeared as James Bond.

After this actor was in a Bond movie, he appeared opposite XXX three times. All these appearances was before XXX was cast in the role of James Bond

This actor also appeared with actor xxxx prior to him or actor xxxx being in a James Bond movie and also reappeared with xxxx after he was in a Bond movie and after xxxx was cast as Bond.

IS that a little more clear?

#10 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:17 AM

Yes, that's a little more clear. Thanks. But, how about one more hint? Ally or foe???

Edited by danielcraigisjamesbond007, 19 March 2009 - 02:48 AM.

#11 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:04 AM

foe

#12 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:04 AM

Kind of...

I'll try this again. This actor as appeared alongside 4 different Bonds (but only in 1 Bond movie).

This actor appeared in a Bond movie with X as James Bond. Prior to making this film, he appeared with X twice before.

He also appeared in a movie with XX, several years before he was in a BOnd movie and xx appeared as James Bond.

After this actor was in a Bond movie, he appeared opposite XXX three times. All these appearances was before XXX was cast in the role of James Bond

This actor also appeared with actor xxxx prior to him or actor xxxx being in a James Bond movie and also reappeared with xxxx after he was in a Bond movie and after xxxx was cast as Bond.

IS that a little more clear?

Blofeld?? B)

#13 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:21 AM

Wow. That's quite a clue--er, clues.

Based on this guy having appeared in, it seems, every movie every made, I'm gonna take a semi-blind guess at Christopher Lee. I know he worked with Roger Moore (on The Saint, I think) before he was Bond and was in that Pierce Brosnan Movie Detonator before PB was Bond. No idea if her worked with Connery, Dalton, or Craig. Finding out more would mean spending more time on IMdB than I have the energy for.

#14 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:37 AM

no, not Christopher Lee. Good guess though.

#15 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

Christopher Walken?

#16 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

Julian Glover I would say.

Did The Saint with Roger. Was in Indiana Jones with Sean. Was in Wuthering heights with Tim and was in several episodes of Remington Steele and The Fourth Protocol with Broz

#17 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

Julian Glover I would say.

Did The Saint with Roger. Was in Indiana Jones with Sean. Was in Wuthering heights with Tim and was in several episodes of Remington Steele and The Fourth Protocol with Broz

BINGO!!!

He was in two episodes of The Saint with Roger Moore
An Age of Kings and Indy with Sean Connery
Wuthering Heights with Dalton
Remington Steele, Fourth Protocol and Nancy Astor with Pierce Brosnan

Over to you oatesy

#18 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

ok, how about this one.

You could say he is the master in biopics. He played alongside a future Bond in that Bond's big break in the UK before verbally sparring with a Dame in his single Bond movie role

#19 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

Telly Savalas???

He appeared with Connery in Macbeth in 1961 and verbally sparred (future)Dame Diana Rigg in OHMSS

#20 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Telly Savalas???

He appeared with Connery in Macbeth in 1961 and verbally sparred (future)Dame Diana Rigg in OHMSS

afraid not, although good guess. not sure if Macbeth was considered Connery's big break

#21 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

ok, how about this one.

You could say he is the master in biopics. He played alongside a future Bond in that Bond's big break in the UK before verbally sparring with a Dame in his single Bond movie role

Here's a wild guess...Mathieu Amalric? I'm thinking of his role in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" and his role with Craig in "Munich."

#22 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

ok, how about this one.

Here's a wild guess...Mathieu Amalric? I'm thinking of his role in "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" and his role with Craig in "Munich."

sorry, no.

#23 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

ok, how about this one.

Can you give us one more hint? Please? B)

#24 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

I doubt this is right, but here is another go

Gabriele Ferzetti

he argued with Diana Rigg in OHMSS and was in the 89 tv production of Around The World in 80 Days with Pierce Brosnan (althought that was hardly Brosnan's big break)

#25 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:14 AM

I doubt this is right, but here is another go

Gabriele Ferzetti

he argued with Diana Rigg in OHMSS and was in the 89 tv production of Around The World in 80 Days with Pierce Brosnan (althought that was hardly Brosnan's big break)

No.

Another hint - he is a screenwriter as well as actor and had a minor hit with his screenplay for a murder mystery

#26 danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

Here's a long shot:
Geoffrey Palmer from TND?

#27 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

Here's a long shot:
Geoffrey Palmer from TND?

No. But for a long shot it was fairly close

#28 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:03 PM

Julian Fellowes?????

#29 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Julian Fellowes?????

Correct!

Prior to sparring with Judi Dench in Tomorrow Never Dies he appeared as Nöel "The Master" Coward in Ian Fleming biopic "Goldeneye" and played Claud Seabrook MP in Daniel Craig's big break in the UK "Our friends in the north"

Over to you....

#30 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Prior to appearing in a James Bond film, this person was mainly known for starring alongside a future Bond ally.

The same year this person appeared in a bond film, they also did anther film where they costarred along with an actor they appeared with in the Bond movie.

Later in their career, they appeared in a film with a different Bond actor, although they never shared any screen time together.