4 replies to this topic

#1 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:26 AM

Is Camille a Bolivian agent? I know that Bond asks her in the DC-3, but I never got a sense that she was an agent. In the videogame, it is discovered that, yes, she is a Bolivian agent.

#2 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:31 AM

Yes, she is.

#3 danielcraigisjamesbond007

danielcraigisjamesbond007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2002 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:31 AM

Thank you for clearing that up. Like I said, it wasn't clearly stated in the film, so I wasn't sure.

#4 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

As I understand it, she used to be Bolivian agent, but has now gone rogue, on her own, to get to Medrano and fulfill her vengeance. I believe that's what Bond hints at when he tells her something like "You are Bolivian intelligence... or were..."
I believe that's the reason why she asks herself what to do at the end of the film, now that Medrano is dead. If she was a Bolivian agent, she wouldn't have to ask herself what her agenda will be.

#5 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

As I understand it, she used to be Bolivian agent, but has now gone rogue, on her own, to get to Medrano and fulfill her vengeance. I believe that's what Bond hints at when he tells her something like "You are Bolivian intelligence... or were..."
I believe that's the reason why she asks herself what to do at the end of the film, now that Medrano is dead. If she was a Bolivian agent, she wouldn't have to ask herself what her agenda will be.

I think that was a very deliberate move on the part of the writers: Camille's story runs parallel to Bond's, because in a way she represents an avenue that his unsoken desire for revenge could take. If Bond had wholly concerned himself with getting payback for Vesper's death, it's likely MI6 would have cut him loose beause he was a liability if he didn't resign himself, he would have tracked down Greene and overlooked the fact that his involvement with Vesper was minimal and largely unspoken (which is one of the big giveaways that Bond is after answers surrounding Vesper's death, not blood), and once he was dead, Bond wouldn't have anywhere to go.