#1 Doctor Shatterhand

Doctor Shatterhand

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:51 AM

New book on the history of Fan Films.

Clive Young has done a prodigious feat by reaching back literally decades to the early 1920s to showcase the historical impact of the first fan film based on the 'Our Gang' shorts. I won't go into details but the way the film was produced in a small South Carolina town by a pair of con men is well worth the price of this book.

But Mr. Young does not stop there. It has become a known fact that for the many years to come fans have been trying to mimic their favorite heroes and villains in hundreds of 16mm, 8mm, and digital video productions. Cinema's classic characters such as Tarzan, Batman, Spiderman, Capt. Kirk, Indiana Jones, Darth Vader, and my personal favorite, James Bond have all been recreated in the basements and garages of legions of fans. Some are made for hundreds of dollars while others are made literally with the shoestring holding the backdrop. But each is special and now they have gained a higher plateau of respect and fifteen minutes worth of fame to each filmmaker.

If you like movies or even have dreams of making a movie, then by all means this book should be at the top of your want list.

The book can be purchased through Amazon.com

#2 Greene Planet

Greene Planet

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

I will, thanks for the tip.