16 replies to this topic

#1 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

We all know that Activision confirm they going to release a bond game every year during there license . and we know also that Bizarre Creations doing the second bond game ,and treyarch working on the third bond game as they said before the QOS releasing .
**what can treyarch do for bond in the 2010 game ?? (the gameplay) - ( the story((classic bond movie - new story))
* I feel that they going to use the same gameplay we play in QOS (FPS &third person cover )!!

*treyarch should work just for bond in 2010 , No spider man ,no call of duty !!

http://www.dpadmagaz...ing-next-years/

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:43 PM

I think that the game will be based on Bond 23, that's, if it is released in 2010. If not, I would love a film adaptation, maybe On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. :(

I wouldn't mind an Everything Or Nothing type game, either.

#3 Sniperscope

Sniperscope

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

I wouldn't mind an Everything Or Nothing type game, either.

Nor would I.
Everything or Nothing is by far my favourite Bond game so I would love to see them continue to make original storylines like that.
I must admit I've always prefered 3rd Person over FP games so I would like the option to toggle between the two for the next game rather than the annoying hybrid viewpoint that QoS had...

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:09 AM

I do think that they only do the First Person Shooter thing, because they want to create another GoldenEye and it's not going to happen. GoldenEye is a timeless classic, nothing can top it, no matter how hard they try.

So I would prefer a TPS for the next Bond game, thankyouplease. :(

#5 Sniperscope

Sniperscope

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:20 AM

I do think that they only do the First Person Shooter thing, because they want to create another GoldenEye and it's not going to happen. GoldenEye is a timeless classic, nothing can top it, no matter how hard they try.

One thing Treyarch does extremely well is those largely scale battles (like the amazing graveyard assault in Call of Duty 3 which just blew me away when I first experienced it).
Wouldn't it be great to have a classic Bond assault on the villain's HQ like in YOLT, TB or NSNA using that kind of gameplay!

#6 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:09 AM

Of course GoldenEye could be topped, not by Treyarch and not through rose tinted glasses, but it could be done.

#7 Sniperscope

Sniperscope

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

Of course GoldenEye could be topped, not by Treyarch and not through rose tinted glasses, but it could be done.

Why not by Treyarch?

#8 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:12 AM

GoldenEye is a timeless classic, nothing can top it, no matter how hard they try.

Agreed. Even if by some chance it's bettered, it's difficult to jump ship from something you've been playing most of your life. It's engrained in our soul. With GoldenEye, Bond was the pioneer. The game revolutionised the first person shooter genre, and it will always be remembered for that. To do something like that now would be nigh impossible, and other games now are usually doing things better anyway. I think they should move forward with games in the vein of EoN. Not trying to out-do GoldenEye in any shape or form, being its own thing and in turn feeling fresh.

#9 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

Why not by Treyarch?

Because they are second rate developers. Let a developer like Infinity Ward loose on the the Bond licence and we would get a top calibre 007 game again.

#10 Sniperscope

Sniperscope

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:04 AM

Why not by Treyarch?

Because they are second rate developers. Let a developer like Infinity Ward loose on the the Bond licence and we would get a top calibre 007 game again.

Agreed, Infinity did a brilliant job with COD 1,2,4 but I think any failures in COD 3 were down to poor scripting and plotting rather than game dynamics or graphics, which I'm guessing was Treyarch's area (and both things I thoroughly enjoyed), but I could be wrong...
Certainly COD 2 is my absolute fave of the series and Bond would be brilliant using that as a template...

Edited by Sniperscope, 08 February 2009 - 09:07 AM.

#11 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

when we talk about goldeneye we talk about the first FPS action game in the modern game consoles this happend in 1997 and now we in 2009, more than 10 years ago ,and what we see now in the market is about 70% of the games are FPS then what the new thing that the developer can do when they create a new FPS bond game .

#12 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:39 PM

who develop EON ??
EA Canada

*ea canada didn't develop any action game before EON (no FPS games -no third person games ) it was famous of developing Need for speed .

At least Treyarch have experince with COD and spiderman and another action games ,then why it hard to them to do bond in third person view ???

>>maybe this going to happend with Bizarre Creations ,a racing developer do third person action bond game in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

Treyarch? Noooooooooooo! It's not true!

It's impossible!

"Search your feelings, young gamer. You know it to be true"

Nooooooooooooo!

I mean, why Treyarch? They're just going to butcher the game again. More mindless shooting, stupid scripted events and only one way to go through a level. Believe me, when I would've enjoyed their effort with Quantum of Solace more, if there would've been at least two ways to pass a level ; shooting and sneaking. But no sire! We got just small portions you could sneak through, whereas rest of the levels you had to pass guns blazing...

That said, I've played through QoS at least 5 times already :(

Still, I would've wanted a different developer for the next big Bond shooter, because my senses are telling me that's what we'll get from Treyarch. Oh well. I better just wait and see. But I hope we get more variety in gameplay for Treyarch's next Bond game.

I believe, that the story will continue from where the game left of. Maybe connecting plots with Bond 22 and 23. That is, if there'll going to be any direct connection with the two movies.

My thoughts are, that Bond'll go after Haines in the next game... or that'll be the starting point at least.

#14 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

I'm hoping it's based on bond 23 or has some connection to bond versus quantum though a classic film like ohmss would be cool to dee in game format.

I agree i'd love more stealth in bond films.

#15 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

Keep in mind Activision has more companies than just Treyarch and Bizarre Creations, guys. They have companies like Neversoft, Raven Software, Infinity Ward and others. Treyarch probably isn't gonna be the "go-to team" for every Bond game.

You also have to factor in that Quantum was developed alongside Call of Duty: World at War and some Spider-Man game. It seems weak and unpolished because it was made by the second-string guys while the main members were busy with COD:WAW. Had Quantum been their sole game release this year, they probably would've put out a better effort.

But has this even been confirmed or is azoozbond here making an assumption that's not true?

#16 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

Okay, so I read the actual article.

The article is 4 months old and the lead desinger is only hoping that they'll get to develope a game for 2010. He's not even sure they're going to get a chance.

Seems like azooz is just desperately grasping for some news on future Bond titles. I don't blame him, but for the next time, find some real / or fresh news :(

#17 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

you guys visit treyarch site and have a look ((the job section>>>) they working on bond titles .

+ now all activision developer are working i diffrent projects to release this year expect treyarch they don't develop any game this year . In addition to the lead desinger hints ..and it's just time to have a confirmtion from treyarch or activision themself .