#1 Nathan Hale

Nathan Hale

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

Discuss this story in this thread.

TO CAPTURE THE CONSCIENCE OF THE KING
(A WORK OF PURE, UNADULTERATED FICTION.)

(Semi-screenplay format)

Long shot of Whitehouse. Zoom in, and then cut to seen of the Oval Office.

Curly grey-haired man sits at the President’s Desk. There is a cowboy hat on the table.

PRESIDENT GEORGE BARNES: Gentlemen, we all know what faces us tomorrow. The news media has completed their unofficial recount of the election votes in Texas. It will show that we lost in my home state and also the entire election. There will be a major public outcry. Anyone think that we can hold on to office after that?

VICE-PRESIDENT RICHARD CARLTON: There will probably be additional investigations. If they find out that we used electronic voting machines to steal the election in several other key states, there will be Hell to pay.

CHIEF OF STAFF GROVER CASH: We can’t afford to take any chances. When we started this thing, we were in for a penny. Now we are in for a pound of flesh. We have to go through with the plan.

PRESIDENT BARNES: What did Mohammed say? Has he completed all of the planning? Is he ready?

CHIEF OF STAFF CASH: His teams are fully prepared and ready to go. He gets what he wants, world publicity for his cause, and we get what we want: a smoke screen that makes America look like a terrorist victim, and of course then we walk in like heroes to save the day.

VP CARLTON: Trust me, the American people will fall for it. Like they say, “No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the average American.”

PRESIDENT BARNES: That’s it then. I have decided. Let’s go through with it.

Close-up of face of a Secret Service Agent. His face struggles to hold off a look of absolute horror.

Fade to scene of planes flying through the air, and then cut to scene inside one airplane. Screams are heard from the passengers in the cabin. Then cut to the flight control area of the plane. Middle Eastern terrorists are in the pilot and co-pilot seats.

Cut to scene of first plane hitting the Sears tower.

Cut to scene of second plane hitting the Statue of Liberty.

Cut to scene of third plane hitting the Golden Gate Bridge.

Cut to scene of fourth plane hitting the Washington Monument.

Cut to scene of Secret Service Agent on a phone, somewhere isolated in Washington, DC.

SECRET SERVICE AGENT: James, we need to talk as soon as you have time. Where are you?

007 (KNOCKOUT REDHEAD IS WITH HIM): I’m in New York on my way to a Broadway show, but I will be glad to meet with you as soon as possible. I was planning on catching up with you anyway, Felix, while I was in the States.

FELIX LEITER: I’m on my way to New York. Do you remember the place we met up the last time we were in New York? I will see you after the show

Cut back to scene of the Sears Tower collapsing.

Fade to screen showing tattered, original page of the US Constitution. Center of the page ignites and begins burning as opening credits start rolling.

Fade back to a dark alley in New York. Felix is already there waiting. A homeless man sits by a pile of garbage and shivers in the cold.

BOND ARRIVES: Hey, Felix, long time, no see. I hear you’re working for the Secret Service now. CIA got to scary for you? The terrorists are getting bolder and bolder.

LEITER: James, we don’t have time for chat. The whole White House is being run by a crazy combination of right-wing religious zealots and warmongers. They want to start Armageddon. They used all sorts of election fraud to steal the Presidency. In fact, I heard them plan and order the go-ahead for the terrorist attacks today.

BOND: Felix, calm down! I have never seen you this upset.

LEITER: I know it sounds like the mother of all conspiracy theories, James. But it’s all true!

A loud gunshot is heard. Bond takes cover as he watches Felix fall to the ground.

Then there are several more gunshots. The homeless man is firing at the assassins. They flee.

FELIX TO BOND: James, promise me you will stop them before it is too late. Every word I told you is true. Promise me.

BOND: You have my word, Felix.

Leiter dies in Bond’s arms.

HOMELESS MAN (HOLDING GUN ON BOND): What did he tell you, Mr. Bond?

Bond stares back silently.

HOMELESS MAN (STILL HOLDING GUN ON BOND): What did he tell you, Mr. Bond? I’m not going to ask you again. And let me remind you, I just saved your life.

Bond continues to stares back silently.

HOMELESS MAN: All right, Mr. Bond. Do you know who I am? No? Well, let me introduce myself. My name is James Edward Leiter. You are holding my son and I want to know what he told you. Whoever killed him is going to pay.

BOND: Even if ii is the President of the United States?

HOMELESS MAN: Mr. Bond, I detest field work. I haven’t done it in years. But I had to tonight. My son left the CIA. I haven’t. And I pledged to defend my country against all enemies, domestic and foreign. So, yes, Mr. Bond, even if it is the President of the United States. In fact, especially if it was the President who ordered my son murdered.

BOND: I know it will probably sound like the mother of all conspiracy theories, but the President may have also ordered others to engage in the acts of terrorism we saw on television today. Apparently his team stole the election and plans to start a World War in the Middle East. It may be a lot more than just oil at stake.

HOMELESS MAN: I knew he was onto something dangerous. That’s why I followed him here. The Company wanted to keep tabs on him. I should have known they have control of the CIA as well.

BOND: We need to get out of here. They won’t rest as long as we are alive.

They begin to leave. Mr. Leiter takes out his cell phone and starts to make a call.

VOICE OVER CELL PHONE: Executive Dry Cleaning Services, Ralph speaking.

MR. LEITER: This is Charles Davis. I have an account there. I need you to make a pickup. I am in a big hurry and I don’t have time to drop off my clothes with you right now. My address is on file with you.

VOICE OVER CELL PHONE: Yes, Mr. Davis. I will have someone right over. Any special instructions?

MR. LEITER: I want you to take real good care of my clothes. I have had them for a long time and they mean a lot to me.

VOICE OVER CELL PHONE: We will treat them as if they were our own.

MR. LEITER: Thank you very much. Goodbye.

FADE TO NEW YORK BAR SCENE. THE BAR IS HOPPING, BUT BOND AND LEITER ARE IN A QUIET BOOTH TALKING.

===============================================================================
WHAT'S THE VERDICT? WANT MORE?
===============================================================================