31 replies to this topic

#1 Comrade_Koskov

Comrade_Koskov

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

I just saw this news on the Timothy Dalton Chat Group website:

Some Special Exciting Timothy News! ...(11th January 2009)

I have some really great news! I called Timothy's TV Agent in LA last Friday afternoon and he has asked me to let you know the following and this is how he said it:

"Timothy is soon to sign for a Major Motion Picture with a Major Director."

As soon as Timothy has signed for this project Timothy's agent will give me all the details to give to you. I have a feeling it will not be long before we know. This sounds really wonderful! Like you I am longing to know what project this will be and who Timothy will be working with. I will update you soon with all the exciting news! Love Deb.

I hope it is something decent - it was actually rumoured not so long ago that he would star in the Hobbit. Anyone have any idea's?

#2 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

Dalton is such an awesome actor it breaks my heart he has not found international fame. He truly is amazing.

#3 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

I still want Timothy Dalton to star in a movie version of Dracula, with perhaps either Udo Kier or Maria Klaus Brandauer as Van Helsing.

#4 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

I still want Timothy Dalton to star in a movie version of Dracula, with perhaps either Udo Kier or Maria Klaus Brandauer as Van Helsing.

He would make a good Dracula. I also thought he would be good as THe Shadow rather than Alec Baldwin in the 1994 film. He looks more like the character from the pulp covers.

#5 Comrade_Koskov

Comrade_Koskov

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:47 PM

West of the Equater is rumoured to be the project

#6 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

True:

http://www.timothyda.../eng-index.html
He has indeed signed up.

#7 Comrade_Koskov

Comrade_Koskov

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

True:

http://www.timothyda.../eng-index.html
He has indeed signed up.

That's a shame, it sounds terrible.

#8 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

Ted Kotcheff, eh? It's like 1990 all over again. :(

#9 Lady Rose

Lady Rose

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

Sounds like something he'd do ... especially as he loves Antigua and has a home there. Story sounds ok, but Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Anniston? :)

I'm more interested in the Dr Who rumour ! :(

#10 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

It's clearly no rumour, seeming the first word is from a back street fan site.

#11 Lady Rose

Lady Rose

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

Quite ... who knows what it is.I have no clue. :(

I knew about The Hobbit rumours but again that seems like fans wishful thinking, same with The Equalizer rumours.

Hopefully something will be confirmed soon.

#12 Comrade_Koskov

Comrade_Koskov

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

Quite ... who knows what it is.I have no clue. :(

I knew about The Hobbit rumours but again that seems like fans wishful thinking, same with The Equalizer rumours.

Hopefully something will be confirmed soon.

So do you think the West of Equater thing is not certain? I hope it isn't true.

#13 Lady Rose

Lady Rose

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:02 AM

So do you think the West of Equater thing is not certain? I hope it isn't true.

I really dont know.I only have as much info as I can find on the internet.

The only thing I know is that with Tim Dalton you can only guarentee one thing, it will either be brilliant or rubbish :(

#14 RivenWinner

RivenWinner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

Well, sounds ok I suppose, although not exactly a movie I was hoping to see Dalton in, but at least it's something. Dalton deserves better roles and better films, and it's a shame he's been essentially neglected for years.

Either way, for the time being, this is nothing more than a rumor.

#15 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

Ah dang! Come on Timothy...

#16 Ravenstone

Ravenstone

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

I'm more interested in the Dr Who rumour ! :(

So am I! Timothy as The Master would be marvellous.

#17 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

I picture Timothy Dalton as a more pleasant William Hartnell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ell_420x284.jpg

#18 Lady Rose

Lady Rose

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

New week, new rumour , watch this space ....

http://timesofindia....how/4185427.cms

#19 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:16 PM

I hope this gives Dalton the kind of attention he got when Hot Fuzz came out.

It amazes me he never became a superstar after his appearance in The Rocketeer. The film might not have been as successfull as they wanted it to be, but if a part ever cemented his leading man abilities once and for all (Bond aside), it was that. Poor Bill Campbell, who played the title character, was so overshadowed by Timothy he might as well not have been on screen at all!

#20 RivenWinner

RivenWinner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

Interesting article there from the Times of India. However, I would be weary of taking all that is stated there for face value. The Indian media is somewhat notorious for printing rumors in an attempt to stir interest and make cash off of papers, magazines and etc. It seems like every few months some big Hollywood talent is signed on, or set to appear in a high profile Bollywood film, but it never happens. Yes, perhaps after the success of "Slumdog Millionaire" we might see these things happen, but I'm not holding my breath until I see an actual completed film.

It would be nice if someone could get official confirmation from Dalton's camp as to what exactly his upcoming plans are. His name has been thrown around in various rumors, so I'm interested to know if there is some fact hidden in all this mess.

#21 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

By the way, what has Dalton been doing lately? His IMDb credit doesn't list a lot of recent stuff, so has he been focusing on stage work?

#22 Della Leiter

Della Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

I really hope that Timothy gets to do a movie soon. Like many of you have said, he really should have been more well-known, especially compared to some actors that have achieved such fame and really are not good. But I'd love to see him in any movie; he would definitely be good in some kind of drama, or a period piece. Then I'd drag all of my friends to the movies and force them to see it with me! B) It's pretty hard being 14 and loving all of this Bond, because all of my friends are obsessed with Twilight, Jonas Brothers, ect.

But anyway, I really do hope that Timothy lands something. After all he has done, he most certainly deserves it.

#23 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

It's pretty hard being 14 and loving all of this Bond, because all of my friends are obsessed with Twilight, Jonas Brothers, ect.

I'm 19 and some of my friends are crazy about that Twilight thing, so you might not get away from that for a while. B)

Last new thing I saw Dalton in, Hot Fuzz aside (a film he walked away with, despite short time on screen), was the miniseries Cleopatra, where he starred as Cesar, with another underrated favourite of mine, Billy Zane, playing Marc Anthony (Zane would be a perfect Bond villain, BTW). I saw some clips on Youtube recently where he played a man called Hawk or something, in what looks like a film about terminally ill people. I'd be very interested in seeing this one, it looked like a stunning performance.

#24 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:01 AM

I really hope that Timothy gets to do a movie soon. Like many of you have said, he really should have been more well-known, especially compared to some actors that have achieved such fame and really are not good. But I'd love to see him in any movie; he would definitely be good in some kind of drama, or a period piece. Then I'd drag all of my friends to the movies and force them to see it with me! :tdown: It's pretty hard being 14 and loving all of this Bond, because all of my friends are obsessed with Twilight, Jonas Brothers, ect.

But anyway, I really do hope that Timothy lands something. After all he has done, he most certainly deserves it.

Congratulations on not following the crowd. B) :tdown: Obsessing over Twilight and the Jonas Brothers is lame, IMO. I don't think my 14 year old sister is into that crap either.

#25 Della Leiter

Della Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

I really hope that Timothy gets to do a movie soon. Like many of you have said, he really should have been more well-known, especially compared to some actors that have achieved such fame and really are not good. But I'd love to see him in any movie; he would definitely be good in some kind of drama, or a period piece. Then I'd drag all of my friends to the movies and force them to see it with me! :tdown: It's pretty hard being 14 and loving all of this Bond, because all of my friends are obsessed with Twilight, Jonas Brothers, ect.

Congratulations on not following the crowd. B) :tdown: Obsessing over Twilight and the Jonas Brothers is lame, IMO. I don't think my 14 year old sister is into that crap either.

Haha, thanks! I'd much rather have a Bond marathon then go see Hannah Montana or something. Kids these days... ah well, it's nice to see I'm not the only one. It's great to have a site like this where I can go to talk about Bond.

But! Back to Timothy! Anyone know of any good movies he was in? I'm really interested in watching something (keep in mind that I'm fourteen). I've only seen little YouTube clips of things... I think the one was called Framed. It was really really good. And Jane Eyre, things like that. But so yeah, if anyone has any suggestions, they'd be much appreciated. Timothy rocks! (:

#26 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

But! Back to Timothy! Anyone know of any good movies he was in? I'm really interested in watching something (keep in mind that I'm fourteen). I've only seen little YouTube clips of things... I think the one was called Framed. It was really really good. And Jane Eyre, things like that. But so yeah, if anyone has any suggestions, they'd be much appreciated. Timothy rocks! (:[/font]

You should see The Rocketeer, a great movie where he plays the bad guy, a Hollywood star who turns out to be a Nazi. He completely steals the film from the lead actor, Bill Campbell.

I do wish his films were easier to come by.

#27 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

Haha, thanks! I'd much rather have a Bond marathon then go see Hannah Montana or something. Kids these days... ah well, it's nice to see I'm not the only one. It's great to have a site like this where I can go to talk about Bond.

But! Back to Timothy! Anyone know of any good movies he was in? I'm really interested in watching something (keep in mind that I'm fourteen). I've only seen little YouTube clips of things... I think the one was called Framed. It was really really good. And Jane Eyre, things like that. But so yeah, if anyone has any suggestions, they'd be much appreciated. Timothy rocks! (:

He plays a great villain in Hot Fuzz. It's rated R but it's a funny movie!

#28 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Hawks is the one to watch, if you can find a copy of it.

#29 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

I saw Youtube clips of that one, and I might have to order a DVD copy. Looks like a touching film.

#30 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 12:47 AM

I don't think it's available on DVD anywhere on the planet at the moment.

Which is a crying shame, quite frankly.