3 replies to this topic

#1 Comrade_Koskov

Comrade_Koskov

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

Hi,
I am new here to the CommanderBond forums and I cannot wait to read the opinion expressed here on the James Bond movies and the actors who all brought something special to role of James Bond. Although I can appreciate all of the Bond actors, Timothy Dalton is undoubtedly my favourie Bond and thus the Living Daylights is my favourite movie.

I have recently begun to collect James Bond reference books, usually from old second-hand bookshops, and I have biographies on all the James Bond actors except for Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby. I was wondering has there ever been a biography published on Timothy Dalton or Lazenby? I am curious to know more about Dalton's early career particuarly, and what other actors - particuarly fellow Bond actors - thought about his approach to Bond - as this would be very interesting to read especially as it is difficult to find resources on the internet, and I was wondering has anyone got any advice on what books I should aim to buy? Also, I was wondering is there much reflection on Dalton's Bond in Maryam D'Abo's Bond Girls are Freover book?

:(

#2 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

The only Timothy Dalton biography is the unauthorized version I did for a small comic book company named Personality Comics in the early '90s. You can easily find copies on eBay, like this one...

eBay-Timothy Dalton biography comic

As for Lazenby, Doublenoughtspy and I did an authorized one in 1994 but that one is hard to find because it was a limited edition.

#3 Comrade_Koskov

Comrade_Koskov

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:41 PM

The only Timothy Dalton biography is the unauthorized version I did for a small comic book company named Personality Comics in the early '90s. You can easily find copies on eBay, like this one...

eBay-Timothy Dalton biography comic

As for Lazenby, Doublenoughtspy and I did an authorized one in 1994 but that one is hard to find because it was a limited edition.

Hey thanks,
That is very impressive.
I am afraid that as I live in Britain it would be difficult for me to purchase this on the U.S. ebay but I'll certainly give it a go!

#4 TheSaint

TheSaint

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3067 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

If you keep searching eBay maybe you'll find a seller in the UK that has it.