4 replies to this topic

#1 Craig is 007

Craig is 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

I checked out some Quantum Of Solace videos on YouTube, and I came over this clip.
Click here
It would have been cool if they kept it. But on the second thought, we have seen Bond driving on two wheels many times before.

#2 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

Nah; too derivative of the old, cliched Bond, although Roger Ebert might have liked it. :(

#3 Double-Oh Agent

Double-Oh Agent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:40 AM

I checked out some Quantum Of Solace videos on YouTube, and I came over this clip.
Click here
It would have been cool if they kept it. But on the second thought, we have seen Bond driving on two wheels many times before.

You sure it isn't in the film, and is lost among all the shaky cam and super-quick editing?

Just kidding...sort of.

#4 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:06 AM

We know there's a few things missing: production stills also showed the Aston colliding with the granite wall side-on in the quarry, and there was supposed to be an explosion that sent a lorry into the waters of the late to round out the chase.

It's likely that a whole lot of stuff was filmed, and then the footage that they felt was best was included in the chase: the Aston losing the door, the first Alfa having the head-on, the four-wheel driving rolling end over end across the road in front of the chase, and the second Alfa doing the pirouette over the edge of the roadway. Which, when you think about it, is quite a bit for a four-minute sequence.

#5 Fiona Volpe lover

Fiona Volpe lover

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

Nah; too derivative of the old, cliched Bond, although Roger Ebert might have liked it. B)

I would have liked it too.