7 replies to this topic

#1 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:43 AM

Okay, guys. I have an idea for a new fanfic. It does not involve Bond in any way. It is about this guy named Richard Winters. He is a stay at home father, and also a covert secret agent. Now, my question is this. Would it be okay to post it here even though it is not about Bond. Thanks

Jaws

#2 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:31 AM

I don't see any rules saying you can't but send a PM to the mods to find out. At least it's about Secret Agent.

#3 Joey Bond

Joey Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:43 AM

Check out the Joyce Carrington stories. It's about a female 00-agent (009). It's posted on CBN and it's bloody good!

I'm also working on a fanfic not to do with Bond and so far I haven't heard anyone complain.

#4 ImTheMoneypenny

ImTheMoneypenny

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

I was sort of wondering about the same thing. Right now I'm in the middle of writing a 60's Bond/New 00 story, however once that was done I was thinking of doing something more modern, torn between using Bond or trying a new character. Didn't know if it was kosher.

If you could find out that would be awesome. :(

#5 golrush007

golrush007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

I would have thought that it would be okay.

Richard Winters is an interesting name - reminds of Major Richard Winters who will be familiar to anybody who has read or watched Band of Brothers.

#6 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

Truth be told, I was trying to think of names I hadn't used for Operation: Golden Trap, came up with Richard, came up with Winters, meshed them together

#7 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:18 PM

Hi Jaws0178! :)

As some others have pointed out, there are already some fanfics with characters who are not Bond (the Joyce Carrington novels, and the soon-to-be John Bryce novel :(). The thing is, those are Bond fanfics in the way that they are set in a Bondian universe (the 00 section of MI6, etc.).
I, for one, wouldn't object at all to your posting your Richard Winters here, since it is SIS related. But actually, if it is not set in the Bond universe (or any other universe created by someine else), it is not a "fan fiction" stricto sensu, but a "fiction", full stop, and you may want to try and develop it with an official publisher ;) (which is not possible with fan fiction, unless your name is Kingsley Amis :))

#8 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

OKay, I was just wondering. Now, I have another question and this one is specifically for the administration. Would it be possible to create a new sub-forum for fictions that are spy related since there is a forum for other spy movies, so why not one for other spy stories. Either that, or I can make like Felix Leiter the head of Ghost, the CIA\FBI task force that Richard works for. Can anyone think of any other suggestions?