No replies to this topic

#1 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

I'm on the final level as I'm writing this and while the opinion here about QoS-the-game is varied; I think I'll add my own thoughts to the table.

First of all, I bought QoS on two accounts. The first being the obvious: I'm a Bond fan and I'm curious as to how the gameplay would be. Secondly: I wanted something to take the frustration of Tomb Raider Underworld out on..so why not a shooting game? :(

I have no expectations of this videogame, if you're willing to glance back at some of the previous games based off of movies for 2008 (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk) They didn't fare all that well either, matter of fact they were downright poor. ALso, look at the timetable Activision must have been given to create the game and then release it on schedule for the movie itself. It wasn't alot of time and I think alot of people including me knew it was going to be rushed.

QoS like the movie, isn't bad, but it isn't great either. Sure a few more elements should have been included but I won't complain. The obvious flaws on the game being some of the dialogue..noticeably Craig and Dench re-relaying lines from both movies; but appearing to be PHONING IT IN. Which is a major disappointment because both of them could have brought something convincing to the table. I guess they're mindframes at the time were something like "It's a videogame so why bother?"

The second and final flaw for me being the enemy AI. You put down five henchmen and ten more come back to take they're place. It can get a bit frustrating when you dispatch a few baddies and want to progress in the stage only to be pigenholed or falling back/losing some ground because a new squadron of henchmen spawn. For every ten inches won forward, it seems you lose two backwards. But, perhaps I'm the only one who's had this problem?

Aside from that, it IS a decent game. It's definitely better than FRWL, Nightfire, and Agent Under Fire by far. However More could have been put in the game, like the parachute sequence, perhaps a gambling cutscene for the Royale parts, missions that could have included Felix Leiter and Ms. Fields?

The blend of third and first person action is masterfully done. Hopefully more of this can be used in upcoming Bond games. The weaponary and slight stealth were good also.

In closing, if you're still on the fence about this game, or even the movie...I say to you use your money wisely and in good conscience. Hopefully Activision has learnt something from this game and can improve with the follow-up's,