PC version problems

4 replies to this topic

#1 HelenO

HelenO

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:00 AM

My young son had the PC version of Quantum of Solace for Christmas to play on his new Dell Inspiron laptop. Runs fine for the first 30/45 mins. But when he gets the message to "Hold F" to hack into White's computer, it doesn't do anything! A wheel appears in teh centre of the screen and starts to fill up, gets to the second to last section and then disappears - nothing! And he says that without this, he can't go any further! Do you think it's a fault with the game or his laptop? It's beyond me, I'm too old for all this! Any help gratefully received!

#2 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

It is supposed that the house must start burning, and the room must go foggy.. Try to uninstall the game and install it again.

#3 Miss_Elegance

Miss_Elegance

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:46 AM

It is supposed that the house must start burning, and the room must go foggy.. Try to uninstall the game and install it again.

I'm having the same problem.. about how long does it take until you can quit hacking and actually leave the room?

#4 chairman

chairman

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

I'm having the same problem. I can get 10 of the 12 lights in a circle to light, but it never gets to 12. I've tried hours to hack into the computer. You don't need to be pointing at anything in particular as long as it says "Press F to hack into White's computer," right?

I suspect it's a flaw in the software--or maybe my hardware isn't quite able to handle something. Does anybody know? It's very frustrating.

I'm posting again to "enable email notification of replies" so I'll know when someone has a suggestion. Thanks for the help.

#5 chairman

chairman

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

I figured out that this can be avoided if the graphics are adjusted. Turn off the feature that syncs the video--connects each segment to each other. It will be choppy, but it will run fast enough to get through this part.