10 replies to this topic

#1 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

I was just wondering, how do you feel about the PS1 Bond games: Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and 007 Racing. I've got them all on PS2, except the latest one, is it worth purchasing the PS1 games, as a Bond fan?

#2 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

As a fan, if you want to have the most complete collection of Bond games, then they are worth purchasing. From a game players standpoint, all have little to no replay value. Since you already played two of them on the PS2, they don't get better on the PS1. I didn't find 007 Racing to be any good. On the plus side, since these are older games, you should be able to find them at very cheap prices if you do decide to add them to your collection. :(

#3 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:40 PM

As games go, they're pretty naff. I liked 007 Racing because it was something different at the time. As for TND and TWINE, I find the latter to be more entertaining to play.

If it's a good 'old' Bond game you're after, then get an N64 and a copy of Goldeneye.

#4 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:50 PM

They're ok.

I prefer Tomorrow Never Dies out of all of them.

#5 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:35 PM

I agree with Bonds_Walther. Or if you are getting a N64 for Goldeneye, get The World is not Enough. Both are good games.

#6 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

OMG, agree with this Jaws guy or he'll never shut up. Ahhh!!!! :-D Sorry, kind of tired. Have stayed up all night cleaning for my daughters 1st birthday.

#7 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

I've always liked Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough (although I no longer own either of them). I'll add that the Nintendo 64 version of The World Is Not Enough is far superior and almost as good as GoldenEye. 007 Racing is worth a try, but personally I thought it was a terrible game. The only thing that saved it for me was the muliplayer, which I had a lot of fun playing with friends back when it first came out.

#8 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:47 AM

Tomorrow Never Dies was a pretty poor third-person action game that pretty much ripped off Syphon Filter. Never played TWINE or 007 Racing, but I heard the former's better on the N64 and the latter is just terrible. So YMMV.

#9 O.H.M.S.S.

O.H.M.S.S.

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

The first time I heard about 007 Racing, I thought it would be great because of the classic Bond cars (DB5, Esprit, Z3). I've never played it, although I have been looking for it. But the PS1 era was already behind us back then (Nightfire just came out).

#10 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:13 AM

Tried to play both 007 racing and WINE and got bored 5 mn in !

#11 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:08 PM

I liked all of them. 007 Racing bored me a litte, but anyway, I like all of them.