This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Do you think may Activison will make a game from an classic Bond?

29 replies to this topic

#1 Double-O-Nine

Double-O-Nine

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:58 AM

I think an Thunderball videogame it's a great idea. If the game would good shold do be an enormous game.

#2 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

Nope, purely for the reason that there is more money to be made by tying games into the current Bond films and the current Bond. I'd love them to do another classic Bond film, but I think From Russia With Love was a one off gift that didn't do particularly well financially or critically. The Bond license is with a different company now, but Activision probably wouldn't copy EA's failed experiment.

#3 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

I hope they don't, but I do hope they include the [legendary dream] 5 Bonds vs. in the future.

#4 FlemingBond

FlemingBond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:10 PM

i think there are so many that would lend themselves to a game . YOLT, DAF, TSWLM, Octopussy. besides, there have been several Bond games not tied to a new movie.

#5 Professor Pi

Professor Pi

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1430 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

I always thought it ironic that Die Another Day is the one Pierce Brosnan movie that wasn't made into a video game.

#6 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:35 PM

I think they should do the same as they did with Goldeneye on the N64. Once you had completed the game, there were two bonus levels. Both levels were inspired by previous Bond films - Moonraker, Live and Let Die and The Spy Who Loved Me.

My idea would be to have 5 bonus levels, each one taken from a different Bond actor's film, hence you'd also unlock a different Bond to use in multiplayer. Imagine...
Bonus level 1 - Goldfinger PTS using Connery
Bonus level 2 - OHMSS climax using Lazenby
Bonus level 3 - TSWLM climax using Moore
Bonus level 4 - TLD PTS using Dalton
Bonus level 5 - DAD PTS using Brosnan

Of course, this is using the same 1st/3rd person system in QoS. If the game were purely first person like Goldeneye, it doesn't matter so much about the Bonds.

Edited by bonds_walther, 27 December 2008 - 05:37 PM.

#7 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 06:39 PM

I always thought it ironic that Die Another Day is the one Pierce Brosnan movie that wasn't made into a video game.

Me too.

I remember back when I first saw the movie I could not believe it was not made into a game. As a film it is weak, but it certainly would have made an awesome video game. I was excited at the thoughts of being able to play the hovercraft chase and the car chase, as well as being able to spy around the clinic and later the ice palace. It is probably the Bond film that is best suited to a video game and yet it never got made.

#8 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:26 PM

Anyone else think they could maybe use elements of the short stories and The Spy Who Loved Me for a pell-mell sort of Bond game? They could each be separate missions Craig-Bond takes on in between QOS and the next Bond film. :(

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

I think EA's FRWL put the kybosh on this idea, and that's probably a good thing. I really want to see another entirely original Bond game like Everything or Nothing. Part of the fun of a game is discovering the story with each level completed. That's the reward, and incentive to continue. Playing a game in which you already know the story is...still fun, but far less rewarding. And after one disappointing level, very easy to set aside.

#10 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

I think EA's FRWL put the kybosh on this idea, and that's probably a good thing. I really want to see another entirely original Bond game like Everything or Nothing. Part of the fun of a game is discovering the story with each level completed. That's the reward, and incentive to continue. Playing a game in which you already know the story is...still fun, but far less rewarding. And after one disappointing level, very easy to set aside.

Yes I'd like to see another Everything or Nothing style game, with Craig and other stars as the villain/girl etc. Gary Oldman does videogame voiceovers...get him as a game villain and a lot of fanboys will drool over that :(

#11 dogmanstar

dogmanstar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 446 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

I would like to see an orignal game with the option of playing as any one of the Bonds--that would be pretty cool!

#12 B. Ret Smythe

B. Ret Smythe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:18 PM

As long as they include the control mines from Goldeneye I will be happy

#13 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:25 AM

I think they should do the same as they did with Goldeneye on the N64. Once you had completed the game, there were two bonus levels. Both levels were inspired by previous Bond films - Moonraker, Live and Let Die and The Spy Who Loved Me.

My idea would be to have 5 bonus levels, each one taken from a different Bond actor's film, hence you'd also unlock a different Bond to use in multiplayer. Imagine...
Bonus level 1 - Goldfinger PTS using Connery
Bonus level 2 - OHMSS climax using Lazenby
Bonus level 3 - TSWLM climax using Moore
Bonus level 4 - TLD PTS using Dalton
Bonus level 5 - DAD PTS using Brosnan

Of course, this is using the same 1st/3rd person system in QoS. If the game were purely first person like Goldeneye, it doesn't matter so much about the Bonds.

That was a great part of Goldeneye. It let young children know that maybe this Bond thing was older than just one movie.

#14 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:44 AM

Yep, as much as I'd like to see a classic film adapted, I'd like another original plot. EON was the last decent effort in my opinion. I really enjoyed unravelling the plot, which was pretty fun and solid.

#15 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

As long as they include the control mines from Goldeneye I will be happy

As long as they do better than Quantum of Solace and/or GoldenEye 64 I will be happy.

#16 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:45 AM

There must be a original Bond game script, as I like everything original, a little suprise (although I hate big suprises), and I would love License to Kill made into a Bond game, just my opinion...

#17 Gothamite

Gothamite

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 409 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:17 PM

Everything or Nothing took its cues from DAD though and actually worked, as a result.

#18 eddychaput

eddychaput

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

I would also argue for another original storyline for a Bond game, although something tells me that the next action based game (not the racing one) will be inspired by Bond 23. Just a gut feeling.

EON was a great game. Completely ridiculous for a film, but perfect for a Bond game. I also really liked the idea another member previously stated: have bonus missions that are inspired by specific moments in Bond history. That would be incredible. For some reason I doubt Activision will do that, but it's a great idea nonetheless.

#19 Bondgator87

Bondgator87

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:13 AM

There must be a original Bond game script, as I like everything original, a little suprise (although I hate big suprises), and I would love License to Kill made into a Bond game, just my opinion...

I remember a Bond game that Sega released in the early '90's that featured Tim Dalton's pose from LTK on the cover. I bought a Sega just for the purpose of playing that game. However, I sucked at video games, and could never get through all the levels of this game. I can't remember the title of the game. Can someone help me?

Everything or Nothing took its cues from DAD though and actually worked, as a result.

I always thought DAD was a video game, only it was released to theaters instead of to Playstation.

#20 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:23 AM

I remember a Bond game that Sega released in the early '90's that featured Tim Dalton's pose from LTK on the cover. I bought a Sega just for the purpose of playing that game. However, I sucked at video games, and could never get through all the levels of this game. I can't remember the title of the game. Can someone help me?

I believe the game was called "The Duel". Never played it, though (never had a Sega).

Posted Image

To address the topic, I actually had a dream a while back that they made a video game of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

#21 QOS007

QOS007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:34 AM

I would love to see a classic bond made into a game. Sean has already been used so why not use something from Roger; I'm feeling Moonraker or The Spy Who Loved Me. I also wouldn't mind seeing The Living Daylights used as well

#22 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:52 AM

I also wouldn't mind seeing The Living Daylights used as well

They might have to do a little story tweaking with that one... Bond fighting alongside Afghan "Freedom Fighters" might seem a little awkward in this day and age.

#23 QOS007

QOS007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:58 AM

I also wouldn't mind seeing The Living Daylights used as well

They might have to do a little story tweaking with that one... Bond fighting alongside Afghan "Freedom Fighters" might seem a little awkward in this day and age.

Agreed but doesn't everything get tweeked, like from novel to movie. something that would have to stay would be the car ice chase and some form of the plane battle

#24 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:10 AM

To address the topic, I actually had a dream a while back that they made a video game of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

They actually already have: http://www.mi6.co.uk...ames/tswlm.php3

TSWLM would be ideal for a modern big budget video game. Fast paced, plenty of action, gadgets and iconic characters and locations that would lend themselves well to the polygon world.

In one of the EA games, I think either Nightfire or Agent Under Fire you can unlock Atlantis as a multiplayer map.

#25 Wronschien

Wronschien

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I believe the game was called "The Duel". Never played it, though (never had a Sega).

Posted Image

I owned it on my megadrive back then. But I didn't have much of a good time with it, too difficult for me and somewhat boring…

#26 HH007

HH007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1833 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

I owned it on my megadrive back then. But I didn't have much of a good time with it, too difficult for me and somewhat boring…

The graphics look lame, anyway.

#27 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

They weren't particularly bad for the MegaDrive/Genesis. I rather like The Duel but I am stuck in the 16-Bit era.

As for the idea of other classic themed games, I'd rather like to see Moore and Dalton (and maybe Lazenby) games made with their assistance before they pop their clogs!

#28 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

Shame they didn't do another one after FRWL: I'd have loved to see another TSWLM game with Roger doing voice duties: I think he'd be even better at Sean than doing that.

Of course they made a TSWLM game back in the 80's or 90's..

#29 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

I think an Thunderball videogame it's a great idea. If the game would good shold do be an enormous game.

The one old film we can almost guarantee will never get made into a video game would be Thunderball. Perhaps McClory’s estate might realise they could make a Never Say Never Again game.

#30 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:26 PM

Perhaps McClory’s estate might realise they could make a Never Say Never Again game.

That's a really good thought: if I were them I'd be looking into that (not NSNA perhaps, but if they can still use the Bond name with that storyline).