4 replies to this topic

#1 broadshoulder

broadshoulder

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:47 PM

If you can lay your hands on the Hot Fuzz DVD and its commentary then do so.

Its terrific. He does it with those old thesps Paul Freeman (Belloq, Raiders of the Lost Ark), Edward Woodward ("The Equaliser") and Kenneth Cranham (Harvey Moon). The four obviously had a ball making it and it is a funny film. They really bounce off each other with jokes and anecdotes.

Dalton is really relaxed and funny. They take the piss out of him just like they do everyone else and he joins in with the fun. When they run out things about the film they chat about theatre and film stories and each others lives. Tim talking about his mum and son is surreal. And his Derbyshire accent is really pronounced here.

Bond is briefly mentioned when EW asks him who directed his Bond(singular, perhaps hes only seen one) and there is a brief chat about John Glen but you get the impression Tim would rather chat about 'The Lion in Winter' then anything else.

Anyone who thinks Mr Dalton is a stuffed shirt should listen to this.He's very funny.

Edited by broadshoulder, 16 December 2008 - 08:48 PM.

#2 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:49 PM

Which DVD of Hot Fuzz? I only have the single disc edition, and the only commentary I can find on there is by Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Edgar Wright... :(

#3 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

its the 3-disc collectors edition that has the dalton commentary. hopefully they will release the film on blu-ray soon with all of these goodies. really loved him in that movie and think he was a great bond overall.

its too bad they didnt get him to do commentary tracks for the ultimate edition releases of the living daylights and licence to kill.

#4 golrush007

golrush007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

I have a one disc r2 dvd, bought in South Africa which features several commentaries including the one that you have mentioned. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but just a few key scenes which I enjoyed.

I would also love to hear hear him do commentary for his Bonds. Although that wouldn't really be enough to convince me to buy the DVDs again.

Edited by golrush007, 09 January 2009 - 04:55 AM.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:20 AM

Nice - I'll have to look out for this. Loved that movie, as well as Dalton's role in it, so the commentary should be some added fun.