9 replies to this topic

#1 MHazard

MHazard

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:08 PM

Well, not exactly a story, but I hope I've helped clarify some issues that have puzzled us. Does anyone else have any information on inaccuracies or exaggerations in Ian Flemng's stories?

#2 Hitch

Hitch

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:15 AM

I've always envied those CBn members who have the highest security clearance. Nicely done and a lot of fun. Thank you. :(

A pack of lies from start to finish.

#3 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:45 PM

Well, not exactly a story, but I hope I've helped clarify some issues that have puzzled us. Does anyone else have any information on inaccuracies or exaggerations in Ian Flemng's stories?

Dear MHazard,
with all the very insightful knowledge you demonstrated here, I'm surprised you didn't mention a very recent episode.
After the publication of Final Fling, the last volume of The Moneypenny Diaries edited by Dr. Kate Westbrook under the pseudonym of Samantha Weinberg, Bond sued IFP for uncautiously revealing details about his current private life. The trial ended last month, and for evident reasons hasn't been really publicised. Bond, who was represented by a Bostonian practice that some well-informed sources think linked to Felix Leiter, recovered huge damages from IFP.
His lawyer has been reporting that Bond considered using this money to leave his but in the Outter Hebrides (now unsafe because of the high number of fans and tourists trying to come and visit him and asking for his now famous shortbreads), to start a new life at the GoldenEye luxury resort, Jamaica.

#4 MHazard

MHazard

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 04:48 PM

Dear MkB, I am not authorized to confirm your information but I cannot dispute its accuracy.

#5 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

LOL!

Very good, particularly the last two paragraphs. Strange thought, walking into Bond by accident and not recognizing him.

Great fun!

It is fun, isn't it?

Or is it... ?

#6 Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:39 PM

LOL!

Very good, particularly the last two paragraphs. Strange thought, walking into Bond by accident and not recognizing him.

Great fun!

It is fun, isn't it?

Or is it... ?

Yes, just a bit of fun.... thats all it is...

I mean, me bumping into a greying old gent with a scar down his right cheek drinking vodka and looking like he was thinking about death or something - that could have been anyone.

If it had happened.

Which of course it couldnt possibly have....

#7 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:59 PM

I've been requested by my boss, a rather mean woman who loves her statistics and analysts, to inform you all that any further discussion of this topic should hence be terminated and never be brought up in public again.

Failure to do so will be a breach of Section 23, Paragraph A (or is that 8?) of the Official Secrets Act. The penalty being rather severe and quite final.

It is indeed a grand story, but for the sake of one of our dearest former employees, his exploits, must remain in the world of fiction.

I'm sure you all understand. :(

Edited by TheREAL008, 11 December 2008 - 06:00 PM.

#8 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

Sorry, wrong thread.

#9 dsomerset

dsomerset

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

I've run into the same old gentleman, I believe (he sure looked like the same old gent, with the scar on the cheek and all). He was not in a very happy mood, and when I asked him what was the matter, he told me the reason.

Apparently, he had recently spent some of his vacation time in the company of a short, grumpy old woman who always gets on his case (but he forgives her anyway because he knows that deep down, she does care about him), and her niece, a pleasant middle-aged woman who has a crush on him (at least he thinks so, based on the fact that she's always baking him some strudels). They live in a different area of London, but they are nice people, so he really had a ball while being there. Unfortunately, when he got back, he found that some of his old friends were giving him the cold shoulder because of the company that he kept during his time off. This really surprised and saddened him, since he is not an elitist, and didn't think that his friends would be either, yet he is still the same person and does enjoy hanging around with them. With the way things are going though, he confessed, he might have to move back in with the old woman and her niece. "No one wants to be alone during the holidays," he told me, " and besides, I do miss the strudels."

Edited by dsomerset, 12 December 2008 - 07:44 PM.

#10 Joey Bond

Joey Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

A very interesting, amusing read :(