This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

How the heck to you get the bonus levels?

23 replies to this topic

#1 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 06:06 AM

I thought that all you had to do to open the two bonus levels was to finish the Cradle level on the hardest difficulty to open up the levels. I just killed Trevelyan on 00 Agent and finished the game, but no new levels are available?
Can anyone help? Thanks!
Jim

#2 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 10:39 AM

ITs been years since i've done it :) But i thought either that did the trick, or you might need to get it done within a certian time limit. I cant for the life of me remember for 100% sorry. Do a web search for a walkthrough :) might be quicker than waiting.

#3 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 07:21 PM

To get Aztec you need to complete the game on Secret Agent and to get the Egyptian level you have to complete the game on '00' Agent. I have them both. It took me ages!!

#4 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 12:22 AM

Thanks guys. I've finished the last level on both Secret Agent and 00 Agent, but havnt gotten any new levels. Do you need to finish every single level on those difficulties then?
Jim

#5 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 06:19 AM

theres ur problem, u need to finish every level to unlock the new levels, not just the last one.

#6 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 06:26 AM

Ahhh.. Thanks Brendan. That explains it.
Its taken me two years to finish the cradle level on 00 Agent, at this rate I should get the two bonus levels sometime in the year 2004 :)

#7 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 01:35 AM

Did you use level unlock codes to beat the game? Cheater! Nah, only kidding. But I'm not sure if you have to beat it all the way through to get em, or just do the ones you didn't beat. Seriously, though, the levels are sure worth the wait.

#8 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 10:12 AM

Nah, I havnt used any cheats, I dont know any, I've finished the game on all difficulties up to the level after the jungle, but I have only beaten that level on agent. But once you get to the cradle level you can play that level on all difficulties, and I beat it on 00 Agent, but no new levels, so I guess I gotta go back and finish every other level on the harder difficulties. Man, after playing this game to death for 2 years, I cant wait to see something fresh.
Jim

#9 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 10:22 AM

Wait till you get to the Aztec and Moonraker level if you think the Cradle is hard :) But good luck with it

#10 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 10:33 PM

Aaah, yes, good old GoldenEye. What a shame it's banned in Germany. Fortunately, I buyed it before it was banned.
Yes, U really have to finish every single level on 00- Agent to get the Egyptian-level. I remember those sleepless nights and countless headshots I've given Natalya 'cause she couldn't find that damn password in the train level right in time.:)
The Bunker 2- level (on 00-Agent) took me months to complete. I almost smashed my pad against the wall when you have only 60 shots and then squadrons of soldiers are waiting for you right in front of the door. And then those black armored men that appear if the alarm bell rings...
Btw, did anyone get the Invincibility cheat?

#11 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 12:28 AM

Yeah dude, I got the invincibility cheat, from memory you've gotta complete the archieves on OO agent in under 1 minute 20 sec :)

Its fun running around wasting everyone and being unable to get killed :)

#12 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:20 AM

Originally posted by gkgyver
I remember those sleepless nights and countless headshots I've given Natalya 'cause she couldn't find that damn password in the train level right in time.:)  

Arrgh yes!!! That I have that exact problem right now!! How the heck do you get past that? She gets blown up every time, is there anywayto make her find the password any faster?
Jim

#13 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:31 AM

I haven't done this for a few years but this is the part where she is standing in front of the three computer terminals in the middle?

You need to really concerve your ammo till she starts on the computer, then stand on one side of her and run back and forth between the stairs knocking the guys off as they come down the stairs, the trick to it is to get them before they can get there feet on the ground.

Theres also a few gaps and that along the way where you can reload while waiting for the next wave, while you can stand next to Natayla and knock off the guys coming down the stairs till theres so many you need to run to one side or the other.

This is the way I find it easiest to do it. The jobs to protect Nataylia so as soon as theres a lull in the guys attacking you need to get back near her to you can protect her and have a good vantage point of your left and right.

#14 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:41 AM

I stuffed up wrong level, i'll go have a look for ya

#15 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for that 1q2w3e4r, thats another part of the game I really hate, probably the hardest bit in the game, but the part Im talking about is on the train. When you make your way to the front and kill Ourumov, 006 sets a timer for a bomb. You cant leave the train until Natalya cracks Boris' password or you will fail the mission, but she usually cracks it about 5 seconds before the bomb goes off and gets herself blown up. There must be a way to make her do it faster, its impossible otherwise.
Jim

#16 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 08:48 AM

Thanks 1q2w3e4r :) By the way, nice to see another Sydneysider.
Jim

#17 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 09:49 AM

okay chief, worked it out for ya.

As you go through the door where Ouromov has Natalya move right and take him down, then hit Xenia, you'll get more time.

I did it the first time i tried then couldn't work out why it didn't work the next time!

Anyways if you can't do it with the extra time you need to find another game! Xenia will say "Wait for me Alec i'm hit." Well unless ya kill her.

Good luck with it mate.

#18 Jamie007

Jamie007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 11:39 AM

1q2w3e4r, thankyou!! I really appreciate it, I finally beat that level! Now to take a breather and start on the next level.
Jim

#19 0007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 11:01 PM

Originally posted by 1q2w3e4r
Yeah dude, I got the invincibility cheat, from memory you've gotta complete the archieves on OO agent in under 1 minute 20 sec :)

Its fun running around wasting everyone and being unable to get killed :)

Yeah it is, but the bad thing is is that you can only use unlocked cheats on levels and difficulties you have already beaten.

Did you unlock DK mode? Man it's funny!!

And gkgyver, how (and why) did Germany ban GE?

If you wish to cheat, then go here.

#20 TonicBH

TonicBH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 03:26 AM

Originally posted by 1q2w3e4r

Actually, it's the Facility on 00 Agent in less than 2:05, IIRC.

Or you could use a certain button combination to get the cheat without even trying :)

#21 jaws007

jaws007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:15 PM

0007, do you think it's possible for someone who isn't retarded to not get DK mode?

#22 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:48 AM

wow, people are still playing goldeneye after all these years...amazing

#23 arcticcommando

arcticcommando

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:25 PM

Originally posted by jaws007
0007, do you think it's possible for someone who isn't retarded to not get DK mode?

im not 0007,but,if they spend their time doing nothing for more than 5 minutes,yeah.but if therye doinig it normally theyll beat it in 5 inutes and get the cheat

#24 Prav_007

Prav_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 01:32 PM

Originally posted by arcticcommando

im not 0007,but,if they spend their time doing nothing for more than 5 minutes,yeah.but if therye doinig it normally theyll beat it in 5 inutes and get the cheat

Hahaha, i totally agree, I know that Goldeneye is a classic 007 game, and I do think no other game could be it, due to the time it was made, but c'mon people lets get on with out lives and play the new releases and set a stragedy from their, by maybe purchasing a xbox, ps2, or gamecube, and purchasing, not Agent under fire, not nightfire but Everything or Nothing at Amazon.com and patiently wait, instead of wasting our precious time over an Classical but severly outdated catridge game.