#1 tim partridge

tim partridge

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:21 PM

Anyone remember this gem, from Domark? :(

Honestly, there are two things I remember most about this optimistically Daltonite game (1992 and with LTK poster photo as the box cover):

1) The instruction booklet boasts how you come face to face with all of the iconic Bond henchman, such as Jaws, Baron Samedi, Oddjob, Mayday and YO-YO!! Yes, "Yo-yo", who I can only assume is that buzzsaw-on-a-string wielding thug from Octopussy. From what I recall, the closest thing to remsembling "Yo-yo" in the game are a couple of bionic arms swinging from a machine. HONESTLY...

2) SEGA PRO magazine from 1989 commented on how the intro screen pic of Timothy Dalton made him look as though he had a bad facelift... http://uk.youtube.co...feature=related

The plot of the game has something to do about Professor Gravemar (worst villain name ever, until the Broz era at least) launcing sattelites into space. I also seem to remember that when you completed the game you got a lame, 16 bit version of a glamour still image with a girl in a cat suit and a Lamborgini in the background.

Still, great fun, and back in 1992 I think everyone who had played this was convinced that the gunshot sound effects were the closest any game had come to replicating the real thing. Some of the music is rather MIDI-tastic, as well.

Any fans or haters of this game?

#2 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:12 AM

I still have this game (though no longer possess my Genesis). I loved it, though it was extremely short. I seem to remember it was less than 20 minutes from beginning to end. I can still remember the shrill screech the girls made when Bond freed them. Incidentally, Gravemar's name comes from Paul Margrave, the game's designer (I noticed this in the end credits).

#3 tim partridge

tim partridge

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

I didn't know that about Margrave, but makes sense, thanks!

Yeah, the game is quite short, but not if you a bad gameplayer! :( I had hours of fun with this on first purchase (from a second hand shop, no less).

#4 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:35 AM

i love this as much as i love the old Gameboy james bond game both were fun and i enjoy both.

#5 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

I still have this game (though no longer possess my Genesis). I loved it, though it was extremely short. I seem to remember it was less than 20 minutes from beginning to end. I can still remember the shrill screech the girls made when Bond freed them. Incidentally, Gravemar's name comes from Paul Margrave, the game's designer (I noticed this in the end credits).

20 minutes? Very good cause I think it took me a lot longer than that to win. Fun game though! Loved seeing Dalton's Bond there.

#6 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Oh, let me have my Mega Drive back - just so I can play this!

#7 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Always wanted this game as a kid, as well as the James Bond JR game (which is supposed to be quite poor).

#8 Howland

Howland

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

Actually, if you have a genesis emulator and a rom copy of the Game, you can play it on your PC. That's what I do. Bonus is: you can save your game at whatever stage.

20 minutes to finish it is pretty impressive

For these kind of oldies, James Bond for Game Boy, holds a special place in my heart, but also TSWLM, althought I have never managed to get past the driving sequences, in which you start shooting baddies

#9 mrevans

mrevans

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

I grew up playing this game.  It was so fun.  I would probably still play it from time to time if my Genesis hadn't died.