Best Car For 'Bond 23'

42 replies to this topic

#1 Cilogy

Cilogy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:07 AM

Ok first of all if there is already a thread like this, I apologize, please delete it. I could not find any other Bond car threads using the search.

What car do you think Bond should use for the next film?

Aston Martin is no longer part of Ford, and Ford ended its deal with Bond with the release of Quantum of Solace. So, it is likely that Aston Martin will not return for Bond 23.

Personally I love BMW, I was glad to see it the Brosnan movies, and I absolutely adore the new M6.

I mean, just look at it:

Posted Image

It even looks like a typical Bond car.

Your thoughts/opinions?

#2 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:32 AM

gawd not, not another BMW. They are a bit too typical (and German) for Bond. Personally I don't think there should be a fancy car in Bond 23, lets give it a break.

#3 SolidWaffle

SolidWaffle

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:21 AM

I doubt that Aston Martin would leave. Aston's modern image COMES FROM James Bond. So I don't think they would leave.

To add on, BMW would be a good second choice. Their style today is even better than when they were in the movies. Bond would never drive a Ferrari or Lambo, and I doubt a Bentley, so that eliminates most really pricey cars. Going down a rung, Mercedes is too formal, except for the SL. No porsches, and maybe an Audi. So BMW I think fits best in the luxury game, though I stand by my thought that Aston Martin will stay.

Edited by SolidWaffle, 23 November 2008 - 02:26 AM.

#4 Stuart

Stuart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:42 AM

As a Land Rover buff, I enjoyed seeing the Range Rover Sports and Defenders in QOS.

Would have been nice for Bond to have used a Rover instead of a Ford to drop Greene in the desert, though.

#5 QOS007

QOS007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:50 AM

I would love to see the DBS back in the next movie. As much as I would love to see bond in a droptop bentley, i doubt it will happen. I can see him in an M6 or DBS, or even a R8. If he had to drive a sedan again, it would have to be an R8 or better yet the new Aston Martin Rapide or Jaguar XF

#6 Cilogy

Cilogy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

gawd not, not another BMW. They are a bit too typical (and German) for Bond. Personally I don't think there should be a fancy car in Bond 23, lets give it a break.

They are a bit too typical? How so?

Unfortunately for those who don't like fancy cars, the "fancy car" has become a staple in the Bond series. So, I doubt they would shift to not-so-luxurious vehicles for Bond 23.

Bond has had non-British cars in past movies and novels as well (BMW, Saab, Ford, Chevrolet, there might be more).

BMW worked out for Tomorrow Never Dies (I loved that 750iL).

I'm kind of sick of Aston Martins as the official Bond car, but they should definitely keep Bond's 60s Aston, that's obvious.

#7 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:05 AM

In the older movies Bond did not have a fancy car more often than he had one. Beginning with the Brosnan movies they had to sick a fancy car in every movie. Bond did not drive anything fancy in FRWL, YOLT (girl drove the car), LALD, MR, OP, AVTAK or LTK. After 6 movies I just think it is time for a break.

#8 Mister E

Mister E

Resigned

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:18 AM

For style and racing: Bugatti Veyron

For an all terrain vehicle: Land Rover

#9 Cilogy

Cilogy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:11 AM

In the older movies Bond did not have a fancy car more often than he had one. Beginning with the Brosnan movies they had to sick a fancy car in every movie. Bond did not drive anything fancy in FRWL, YOLT (girl drove the car), LALD, MR, OP, AVTAK or LTK. After 6 movies I just think it is time for a break.

Then what car would you like to see?

Lemme guess...

#10 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:03 PM

Bond doesn't need a car, he should just use a bloody jet pack.

On a more serious note, the Aston Martin isn't going anywhere. This time, I'd like to see Bond driving with skill, the more traditional way, without ruining the damn vehicle to the point where one has to fight back tears.

#11 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:51 PM

Aston for me please! When the film started I heard a "Wow" result of the noice of the Aston!

#12 Golden Claw

Golden Claw

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:06 PM

Bentley Continental. I dunno what, but something about that car screams 'Bond' to me.

#13 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

Swap out the driver, keep the shades - imagine Craig behind the wheel of this beauty.

#14 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

Aston Martin is no longer part of Ford, and Ford ended its deal with Bond with the release of Quantum of Solace. So, it is likely that Aston Martin will not return for Bond 23.

Not really following your logic there.

#15 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:13 PM

Bentley Continental. I dunno what, but something about that car screams 'Bond' to me.

In the film ‘Doomsday’ the Bentley gets put through its paces in a Mad Max style pursuit. Not a great film by any standards, but that sequence is like the car’s audition piece for Bond 23.

#16 dgibby

dgibby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:21 PM

http://debrief.comma...p...=46974&st=0

See above thread link - this carries on the same topic with some excellent car suggestions!

Edited by dgibby, 23 November 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#17 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:22 PM

I would like Bond to be seen in a Bently. Surely if the Craig movies are going back to the Fleming books then I think Bently would be perfect. Or why not go with Mr Gardners choice of putting him in Saab. Which in my opinon are nice cars.

#18 RivenWinner

RivenWinner

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:52 AM

Keep the Aston-Martin.

Rest assured Aston-Martin will do everything it can to continue its partnership with EON.

#19 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

I like the idea of Bond going back to a Bentley. As someone already mentioned, the one in the film Doomsday was a very nice looking car, and it's a car that I could very easily see Craig's Bond sitting behind the wheel of.

#20 dennisbolt

dennisbolt

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:51 AM

Keep the Aston, but for god's sake, actually use the car!!

In CR, all we see is the glove box and the thing getting wrecked after a 2 mile "chase"

In QOS, all we see is some shakey cam of it getting riddled with holes, the door ripped off, the paint marred by marble dust and the inside of the trunk.

Not that I am asking for Brosnan like gadgets (still getting over the cloaking device.....god)

All I ask for is a nice road-trip. Like driving up into the alps, and not having the car get killed.

Maybe, to get the soccer moms to come, they can use a VW Routan van???

#21 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:57 PM

Keep the same car used in CR/QOS: Aston Martin DBS V12.

But don't just mess it up like they did in the prev. two films. Actually show Bond's driving skill and let him manuever it. Sure it can get scratched a little but not come unscathed like Brosnan-era. Keep it realistic. And show Bond's personal "beautiful" 1964 Aston Martin DB5 he won in Nassau in CR.

Edited by Quincy, 24 November 2008 - 05:09 PM.

#22 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:04 PM

I don't want to see the AM ever (ever) get away.

I am truly in love with that car. If I had the cash (and this has nothing to do with the fact I love James Bond) I would buy the DB12 over a (any)Ferrari (or any car in that line; Bentley; Maserati, etc.) any day of the week and twice on sunday.

It's so elegant and beautiful.

#23 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:10 PM

I would too actually.....if I had the cash.

#24 dgibby

dgibby

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:58 PM

I'd buy it too. We've got an Aston Martin garage nearby in Cheltenham too so makes it even more difficult to resist. One day.................

#25 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:12 PM

In American what do they go for, $300 Grand?

#26 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:10 PM

Depends on the model. The DB9 is about $150K

#27 D. Bond

D. Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:45 PM

Depends on the model. The DB9 is about $150K

If you want the prices on the DBS then The prices for the DBS with six-speed manual begin at $269,000, while in Touchtronic form, the car commands a $273,000 price tag.

#28 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:46 PM

Keep the same car used in CR/QOS: Aston Martin DBS V12.

But don't just mess it up like they did in the prev. two films. Actually show Bond's driving skill and let him manuever it.

A fair point. I was really annoyed when he failed to accelerate away from those Alfas when he had the chance.

#29 Quincy

Quincy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:31 AM

IMO it's the most beautiful car in the series.

#30 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:41 AM

I don't want other car than the Aston Martin DBS.. keep it as Craig's signature car.. or the One-77.

If they decide not to bring the Aston, he should use a Bentley.

Not :( like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche or Mercedes.

I'd die if he uses a Veyron :)