16 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

Can anyone think of some deleted/alternate shots that were in the trailers and TV Spots that didn't make it into the final flm.

• Vesper Flashbacks. (Probably made specifically for the trailer)
  • Bond walking over the desert with the machine gun. ( again made specifically for the trailer)
  • "Restrict Bonds movements, put a stop on his passports all of them... FIND BOND"
  • "How long have I got?" - "30 Seconds" - "Well that doesn't give us alot of time"
  • The shot of Bond walking topless in the teaser trailer.
  • The three dramatic zoom shots of Bonds face when Camille strokes it in the theatrical.
  • The shot of Bond in the DBS looking all gloomy in the theatrical.
  • The shot of Bond in Yussefs apartement in the teaser is from a different angle.
  • The Bike jump in the teaser is from a different angle.
  • The shot of Fields looking directly at the camera in the teaser.
  • Bond doing a 360 in the DBS is from a different angle in the teaser.
Anymore?

#2 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:40 PM

• The shot of Bond walking topless in the teaser trailer.

This one wasn't made specifically for the teaser. It was made specifically for Barbara Broccoli. :( :)

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

The topless shot is from when Bond answers the door to Mathis at the Andean Grand Hotel is it not?

#4 Craig is 007

Craig is 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:47 PM

All of this happened in the film, except from the shot of Bond walking towards the camera in the desert. They only used different shots or takes. :(

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

The topless shot is from when Bond answers the door to Mathis at the Andean Grand Hotel is it not?

Yes and No. It is not THAT shot what was used in the teaser trailer. It's a different one.

#6 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

Absolutely.

[list]
[*]The three dramatic zoom shots of Bonds face when Camille strokes it in the theatrical.

Probably not worth including stuff that's simply edited a certain way in the trailer - it's the exact same shot, but a couple of post-production zooms are added to match the music they're using. There's a dissolve in the wide dessert shot, but we wouldn't class that an alternate or deleted moment...

Ah, though having said that: isn't an alternate take of the car leaving Greene in the desert used at that point in the trailer along with the final one?

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:07 PM

Probably not worth including stuff that's simply edited a certain way in the trailer - it's the exact same shot,

Wrong, it isn't. In the film we see Camille stroking Bonds face from a differnt angle and the moment she stops taking, he leans in too kiss her. We dont see Bonds face, untill after he pulls away.

#8 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:13 PM

Probably not worth including stuff that's simply edited a certain way in the trailer - it's the exact same shot,

Wrong, it isn't. In the film we see Camille stroking Bonds face from a differnt angle and the moment she stops taking, he leans in too kiss her. We dont see Bonds face, untill after he pulls away.

Sorry, I meant 'it's the exact same shot before and after the zooms'. Which it is.

#9 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

[*]"How long have I got?" - "30 Seconds" - "Well that doesn't give us alot of time"

This is in the actual film.

#10 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

Yes, it is.

#11 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

Sorry, I meant 'it's the exact same shot before and after the zooms'. Which it is.

It isn't. In the trailer, Camilles hand isn't on Bonds face after he pulls away from the kiss. When Camille strokes his face, you dont see Bonds face untill he pulls away from the kiss.

[*]"How long have I got?" - "30 Seconds" - "Well that doesn't give us alot of time"

This is in the actual film.

Yes.

But the film version says:

"How long have I got?"
"30 Seconds"
"Well that doesn't give us alot of time, DOES IT"

Plus, it's a different take one the line. Geez...

#12 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

MHarkin... how many times have you seen the film so far?

#13 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 05:32 PM

MHarkin... how many times have you seen the film so far?

Erm... 9. :(

But I noticed the different takes etc on first viewing.

#14 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 06:03 PM

This shot that appeared on tons of publicity photos never made it into the final film

http://images.allmov..._solace_002.jpg

#15 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

It isn't. In the trailer, Camilles hand isn't on Bonds face after he pulls away from the kiss. When Camille strokes his face, you dont see Bonds face untill he pulls away from the kiss.

I know. And, once again, I'm not saying the shot is IN the film.

One more time: In the trailer, there is this shot of Bond's face. Then there's a closer shot. Then an even closer one. But, actually those aren't 'three shots' - it's one shot with two post-production zooms added.

The widest of the shots is the source for all three images. The two that follow are the same shot cropped more closely. Those edits are done in the trailer, but they're not something that would have been intended for the movie. As with the dissolve on the desert landscape, the cuts/zooms themselves aren't noteworth in and of themselves because they would never have been used in the film.

This is a separate issue from whether the original source shot is in the film or not, which I've never contested. My query is only why the edits are on the list when they're trailer-only edits. The differing of the shot is what would it noteworthy.

Hope that's clear now.

#16 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:41 PM

Ahhh! Right, i'm with you now! :) :(

#17 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

This shot that appeared on tons of publicity photos never made it into the final film

http://images.allmov..._solace_002.jpg

Well that's a still, not an in-camera shot - and we do get that scene of Bond running along the top of the hotel.

Ahhh! Right, i'm with you now! :) :(

I was worried we'd never get there! :)

Otherwise I bow to your memory of the alternate takes, etc. Positively shocking!