6 replies to this topic

#1 BlackFire

BlackFire

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

I haven't finished the game.. I don't even have it but I already know the ending

And I was wondering: for a game the ending is crap, but could this have been done on porpouse? like to complete the movie's ending? I mean Guy Haines and Mr. White? this may brush up the theory of Haines and/or White being the head of Quantum?

What do you think guys?

#2 Cody

Cody

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1393 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 12:05 PM

The ending of the game is based on the original ending of the film. Bond was to enter Haines' home, kill White, then... Bond 23.

#3 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:56 PM

Kill Mr White?!?! :( OMG
BTW, how do you know that?

#4 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

I thought everybody knew that; it was the deleted ending. White goes to Haines' country house to silence him, but Bond beats him to the punch and kills him. :(

#5 Pierce - Daniel

Pierce - Daniel

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

does the game just end with Bond saying he's going in, while M says they need Haines alive???
Or is there another scene?

#6 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:30 PM

does the game just end with Bond saying he's going in, while M says they need Haines alive???

I believe it ends there.

#7 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

I believe it ends there.

While I've never played the game myself, I do believe there is an extra post-credits scene, and exchange between Bond and Tanner that reveals something extra, kind of like Otacon contacting Snake at the end of SONS OF LIBERTY. I believe the scene goes something like this ...

Bond: "Tanner, do you remember that briefcase? The one with one hundred and twenty million dollars' worth of poker winnings in it?"
Tanner: "How could I forget?"
Bond: "Well, it seems we've been looking for it in the wrong estate ..."

That much implies that Bond goes into Haines' estate and searches it while the credits roll, only to come up empty-handed. The poker winnings are never accounted for during QUANTUM OF SOLACE. It's likely they went straight into Quantum's war chest as there's no way thy could have anticipated a one hundred and fifteen million dollar windfall like that in time to help fund the Tierra Projects and Medrano's coup in Bolivia.